Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34 41 42 43 44

Thread: FB Final: Louisiana 27, Nicholls State 24

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 27, Nicholls State 24

Fix our 3rd down issues on both sides of the ball and we will be fine.

2. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 27, Nicholls State 24

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Fix our 3rd down issues on both sides of the ball and we will be fine.
    True

3. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 27, Nicholls State 24

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Our run game is lacking and that is holding the offense back and putting more pressure on our defense. Hard to move the chains if you don't have a run game. LL can change that by running it more. He needs to be an integral part of the run game, which is something we saw in the later part of last season. He was quite good at making something out of nothing. He has the ability to be an excellent runner, not elite, but scary with his quickness and speed.

So, if he's not running, we have a 5' 9" pocket passer. He has a strong arm, but throwing it over the DL often causes the ball to sail due to his height. It's also a reason he doesnt' throw over the middle from the pocket very much, cuz it's hard to see over that line and you don't want to sail the ball high over the middle...ever! If we are not going to have our QB run the ball and just hand off in the running game, IMO, we'd be better off with the 6' 4" guy from CA (Wooldridge) in the pocket. Or, let's see what the other LL (LL2) can do because he is an elite runner and is 6'2". I know Chandler is a good kid and works very hard, but he's not much taller than Levi. If he would run it more than LL, that could help, but don't think he has the ability to affect the game with his legs like Levi can.

I would prefer to see more roll out pass plays with Levi which would open up his field of vision and provide an easier path to run if that's his best option. RPO. Being in the pocket is not ideal for a QB of his height. I watched Levi in HS a couple of times his senior year and in the championship game. He was always in the shotgun formation, but when he got the snap, he actually dropped back a few more yards from his starting position. I thought that was his way of seeing the field better, by moving further back. I haven't seen him do that since being in college.
    ……Slick….Legendre is Scott …..can run, can pass, and can run with power and speed…..also a big body…..problem is the knowledge of the system, but I think he is approaching spot playing time……now, as usual, I can be completely WRONG!

Our run game is lacking and that is holding the offense back and putting more pressure on our defense. Hard to move the chains if you don't have a run game. LL can change that by running it more. He needs to be an integral part of the run game, which is something we saw in the later part of last season. He was quite good at making something out of nothing. He has the ability to be an excellent runner, not elite, but scary with his quickness and speed.

So, if he's not running, we have a 5' 9" pocket passer. He has a strong arm, but throwing it over the DL often causes the ball to sail due to his height. It's also a reason he doesnt' throw over the middle from the pocket very much, cuz it's hard to see over that line and you don't want to sail the ball high over the middle...ever! If we are not going to have our QB run the ball and just hand off in the running game, IMO, we'd be better off with the 6' 4" guy from CA (Wooldridge) in the pocket. Or, let's see what the other LL (LL2) can do because he is an elite runner and is 6'2". I know Chandler is a good kid and works very hard, but he's not much taller than Levi. If he would run it more than LL, that could help, but don't think he has the ability to affect the game with his legs like Levi can.

I would prefer to see more roll out pass plays with Levi which would open up his field of vision and provide an easier path to run if that's his best option. RPO. Being in the pocket is not ideal for a QB of his height. I watched Levi in HS a couple of times his senior year and in the championship game. He was always in the shotgun formation, but when he got the snap, he actually dropped back a few more yards from his starting position. I thought that was his way of seeing the field better, by moving further back. I haven't seen him do that since being in college.
    Slick is talking from experience right here. Excellent post.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ……Slick….Legendre is Scott …..can run, can pass, and can run with power and speed…..also a big body…..problem is the knowledge of the system, but I think he is approaching spot playing time……now, as usual, I can be completely WRONG!
    Legendre definitely has the physical tools to be the most lethal QB on the roster, probably in the entire state, conference and beyond.

I was hoping to see a second QB rotate in like LL did in Billy's first season. He must feel we have options we can plug in whenever needed without the need for seeing live action along the way. I hope we are in position to play the back up QBs sooner the later due to having a big lead in the final quarter.

Legendre definitely has the physical tools to be the most lethal QB on the roster, probably in the entire state, conference and beyond.

I was hoping to see a second QB rotate in like LL did in Billy's first season. He must feel we have options we can plug in whenever needed without the need for seeing live action along the way. I hope we are in position to play the back up QBs sooner the later due to having a big lead in the final quarter.
    Legendre reminds me of Randal Cunningham.
    . One of my favorite Qb s in history.. seen him alot while he played my beloved Redskins

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34 41 42 43 44

Thread Information