Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: FB Final: Louisiana 27, Nicholls State 24

UL Football FB Final: Louisiana 27, Nicholls State 24

Time to move past the shoulda, coulda, woulda of the Texas game and focus on week 2.

I’m hoping to see a concerted effort to improve on the passing game with the first unit. Put the game away early and have a mix of the number two’s on the depth chart play the entire 2nd half.

I want to see Chandler Fields get a full half of football under his belt at QB. TJ Wisham, Williams and Johnson get the bulk of the carries. Build some depth on the OL with some young guys getting some action.

Defensively we MUST tackle better. As we wore down last week the tackling became almost comical. It was like watching a Tecmo Bowl defense against Bo Jackson.

Final score prediction

Louisiana 53
    Nicholls St 10

Default Re: Week 2: On to Nicholls St

Don't think you will see that. If fields does well people will start wondering why Lewis is still the starter. I think Napier goes vanilla keeping it slow and methodical.

While we didn't get to see as much as I was hoping due to the running game struggling a bit and us playing from behind, I did like the glimpses we got from Johnson and Bailey. I can only assume that they will be mixed in more as they get experience under their belt, especially Johnson. That's a very good thing, because while I like Smith and love his explosiveness, we need to keep him from taking on too much of a pounding. Try to keep his legs at top speed the entire game. Eli McGuire was most effective when he wasn't constantly used as the primary back pounding the ball into the line. I'd like for us to avoid Smith taking on that heavy load.

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    Don't think you will see that. If fields does well people will start wondering why Lewis is still the starter. I think Napier goes vanilla keeping it slow and methodical.
    You have to start grooming the next starter. If Fields / Ben does not get in we have much bigger problems than we though

Nicholls averaged 47 ppg last year. We'll pull away in the second half, but we aren't playing Texas Southern this week.

Didn’t we hang 70 on them the last time we played? Don’t think that is happening this time.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Nicholls averaged 47 ppg last year. We'll pull away in the second half, but we aren't playing Texas Southern this week.
    I bet to differ. This Cajuns team will be out to prove something this week. If we fix our tackling issues Nicholls is in for a very long night.

Had we executed on offense last week Texas was in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Didn’t we hang 70 on them the last time we played? Don’t think that is happening this time.
    Yeah but that wasn’t against a Tim Rebowe coached team. I expect to beat them similarly to how Memphis did. 45-17

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Nicholls has become easily my second favorite football team since Rebowe took over, and their showing against what I believe will be a very good Memphis team really wasn't bad this past weekend.

I hope we dominate and execute the way we should. I also hope after this coming weekend Nicholls can begin a winning season with a deep playoff run.

I mean I want to see Fields get some time in live action but I don’t think there is anyway Napier does that unless Lewis really starts playing terrible. He isn’t giving up on this season after losing to Texas Week 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    I mean I want to see Fields get some time in live action but I don’t think there is anyway Napier does that unless Lewis really starts playing terrible. He isn’t giving up on this season after losing to Texas Week 1.
    Playing Fields isn’t giving up on the season. Remember Lewis would get basically every 3rd series Napier’s first year here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    He's not going to let Chandler go out there and show he can push the ball down the field unlike his starter.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Playing Fields isn’t giving up on the season. Remember Lewis would get basically every 3rd series Napier’s first year here.
    That was because it was close between Nunez and Levi.

Different situation.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I don’t think Napier believed he could win the conference that year.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    He's not going to let Chandler go out there and show he can push the ball down the field unlike his starter.
    Oh my...lol

Napier does defend LL to a fault.

Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information