Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 30 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast

Thread: FB Final: Louisiana 27, Nicholls State 24

1. Default Re: Positives from Saturday

Only 3 penalties and only 1 turnover.

Default Re: Yes, the concessions were bad. Again. But...

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Heard about it on Saturday morning; confirmed it Saturday night.
    I heard no one from the AAC was in attendance...does not mean they were not watching

3. Default Re: Yes, the concessions were bad. Again. But...

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Not knocking new ideas, because they’re needed here. But completely disagree with Fast Pass line. Concessions are slinging Iced cokes & bags of popcorn. This is done efficiently in millions of arenas every single day. Management needs to find the root cause and put action into place. Period.

I personally think the layout of concession is wrong. Everytime someone orders something, the busy bees are walking all over the place to retrieve.
    The root cause is known to everyone. Money. We can't afford a high end concession management company right now. And really, it doesn't pay when you're expecting 20k a game 3 times a year. I understand all of that.

I just think if you're going to outsource, why not invite the local culinary scene to manage their own booths, sling their own food, and make the game day experience the best it can be for everyone. There is a reason that these businesses show up to every event around town. It's good for them and good for the event. Maybe UL doesn't make as big of a cut on food sales, but if you're attracting 6-8k more people every game, maybe the smaller margin pays off in the long run...

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Not knocking new ideas, because they’re needed here. But completely disagree with Fast Pass line. Concessions are slinging Iced cokes & bags of popcorn. This is done efficiently in millions of arenas every single day. Management needs to find the root cause and put action into place. Period.

I personally think the layout of concession is wrong. Everytime someone orders something, the busy bees are walking all over the place to retrieve.
    Oh man, that is so true. As I waited in line for 30 mins I had plenty of time to observe, and we said the same thing. Every time someone ordered something as simple as popcorn they had to go fetch it somewhere. Same thing for everything else. Also, about 1/2 thru my wait I panicked because I didn't see anyone get a beer, which is all I wanted. It was so chaotic you weren't really sure what you were even in line for. When I realized that they were all serving everything is when I thought...why not just a beer/water line? Those are fast and easy.

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 27, Nicholls State 24

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    The difference is both those QB makes those throws more than they don't .

the end of the 1st half series was awful, he stared down his WR and just chucked and prayed.
    More folks agree with me than Zephyr on this, but who is counting?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    I heard no one from the AAC was in attendance...does not mean they were not watching
    Well, which one is correct? Do we know for certain either way, that they were or were not there? And that they are here for the week?

7. Default Re: Yes, the concessions were bad. Again. But...

Confirmed through an athletic department employee Saturday night after the game, AAC officials arrived in Lafayette Friday; will be here until next Friday. From the same person, they will absolutely be "entertained" by brass on Thursday for Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Well, which one is correct? Do we know for certain either way, that they were or were not there? And that they are here for the week?
    I gotta go with what MAT is saying. He has never let me down with inside information before.

Confirmed through an athletic department employee Saturday night after the game, AAC officials arrived in Lafayette Friday; will be here until next Friday. From the same person, they will absolutely be "entertained" by brass on Thursday for Ohio.
    If that's the case, keep them away from any and all consession stands....

Default Re: Positives from Saturday

Pre-game outside of the stadium was kicking...loved getting into baseball stadium for a beer and a sit down with my guys. 1st time for me to walk in the place...impressive. Unlike a lot of you guys, I enjoyed the game and sitting with my out of towners who are graduates who haven't been to Lafayette or a UL game is 40 years. We had fun. I also thought the female eye candy sitting in the SEZ near us was exceptional. Also liked the idea of parking at CajunDome. So did others. Folks were under the trees enjoying a chance to chow on some Popeyes or whatever they could bring.

And the students, liked seeing how they turned out in the first half. There's my positive post for the year....

11. Default Re: Yes, the concessions were bad. Again. But...

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I gotta go with what MAT is saying. He has never let me down with inside information before.
    I wouldn't post it if I wasn't able to confirm it.

The larger point is, we need to SHOW UP Thursday.

Gotcha well hopefully they liked the crowd size

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    What impresses me the most about Lindsay Scott is the fact that he is a good passer and can really throw the ball. However, when he decided to run he runs! He does not _____foot toward the line of scrimmage looking undecided. He runs with a purpose and does not appear to be afraid of contact. (Were you watching Levi?)
    Spot ON! Levi is a scared runner. I thought this year would be different since it's absolutely his last college season, but sadly he's the same chicken with it's head cut off running.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Spot ON! Levi is a scared runner. I thought this year would be different since it's absolutely his last college season, but sadly he's the same chicken with it's head cut off running.
    Spot on!! He is the same going into 5th year!!

We need this monsoon to be over by Wednesday no later than midday.

Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 30 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast

Thread Information