Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 ... LastLast

Thread: FB Final: Louisiana 27, Nicholls State 24

1. Default Re: Will Acadiana football fans finally show up at Cajun Field to support Napier's program?

1) The only thing observers can be accused of is not noticing what was happening in 2019 till the season was over. That's on marketing.

2) Fans were warned away all last year, so this "hasn't happened" narrative is misleading and counter productive.

3) Every accolade, final ranking and or stellar final record to date occurred after or during a time when when Louisiana fans could not attend.

4) Louisiana hasn't even marketed to Acadiana fans yet. I look forward to the day when they market to Acadiana fans.
    jmo

Default Re: Will Acadiana football fans finally show up at Cajun Field to support Napier's program?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    1) The only thing observers can be accused of is not noticing what was happening in 2019 till the season was over. That's on marketing.

2) Fans were warned away all last year, so this "hasn't happened" narrative is misleading and counter productive.

3) Every accolade, final ranking and or stellar final record to date occurred after or during a time when when Louisiana fans could not attend.

4) Louisiana hasn't even marketed to Acadiana fans yet. I look forward to the day when they market to Acadiana fans.
    jmo
    Good observations turbine.. getting the Abbevilles, eraths, delcambres, etc is important.

3. Default Re: Attendance Vs Nicholls

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Are they putting up that stupid fencing along Congress where the free parking is? Hope they leave enough openings, it’s a pain to walk to an intersection.

Come on 71…

A casual fan

———
    Greek life died when the university forced the house issue. Thanks Dr. Fossil.
    I saw the fence last night.

I laughed again.

Default Re: Attendance Vs Nicholls

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    With all due respect this is an awful take. I’m not even sure where to start.
    At this point, I don’t know what you have to do? Sure beating Texas would have helped but this team has was just in the top 25 and we’ve had near and over 30k for sunbelt games. Not trying to pile on, but we’ve shown we can do it. Unfortunately, Covid (although understandable) just adds to a long list of excuses not to show up at Cajun field. But, even without Covid, we were missing a lot of Lafayette’s support. Can you make up for what you’ll lose due to Covid?

I’m sticking with a little over 22k…. Nicholls will bring a few folks to put on top of 18k + cajun fans. If we hit 25k that would be a big win for us!!!

Default Re: Will Acadiana football fans finally show up at Cajun Field to support Napier's program?

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Good observations turbine.. getting the Abbevilles, eraths, delcambres, etc is important.
    Agreed. I mean the most Cajun of Cajuns in those areas and waaaaay too many of them pull for some tiggers instead of, you know, the Cajuns. Drives me nuts.

This thread, could get ugly....

Where can I get tickets?
    Who are we playing?
    What time is game?
    Can I buy tickets at game?
    Is it ok to tailgate this year?

All questions from the true casual fans as posted on Facebook UL Football "fan" page...

9. Default Re: Attendance Vs Nicholls

On the one one hand hurricane Ida recovery efforts and fuel shortages in the Houma, Thibodaux area will tie down many Nicholls football fans and keep them from attending tomorrow.

On the other hand, this is a golden opportunity to invite evacuees to the game Saturday. Special rates should apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    Yeah, the new normal should be to expect a 15%-20% reduction of your usual attendance at sporting events.

There's only a handful of programs with a with a waiting list for tickets. Those are the only programs that will survive this.

Unless we can bring a Top 25 ranked, regional P5 school to Cajun Field, expect a good crowd to be 20K-25K fans. Expecting 30K fans is a pipe dream. We play in the SBC
    So on this list provided, there are only 2 SEC schools that brought in large crowds. Every other highly attended game was the likes of Tulane and a variety of state schools. Keep in mind we've played Ok State, Minnesota, Kansas State (won), Boise State etc... and didn't draw these types of numbers. It's not necessarily about the opponent and surely not about the conference.

11. Default Re: Attendance Vs Nicholls

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    So on this list provided, there are only 2 SEC schools that brought in large crowds. Every other highly attended game was the likes of Tulane and a variety of state schools. Keep in mind we've played Ok State, Minnesota, Kansas State (won), Boise State etc... and didn't draw these types of numbers. It's not necessarily about the opponent and surely not about the conference.
    For the base that requires "event" level interest, no consistency breeds no reason to keep up with the product.

0-1 LSU plays mcneese. So it will either be a game where Lafayette tiger fans find tickets to go to LSU game, or we get more fans to come to Cajun field because 0-1 LSU is playing mcneese. Guess we will find out tomorrow.

Ive seen tickets for LSU A&M BR for as low as 20 or 30 dollars offered on fb this week, combination of the hassle of going to one of the commie covid stations and a loss last week and it being a McNeese game and hurricane issues has put a damper on peoples interest in the tiggers right now

11 of 20 are "IN STATE" schools. Interesting. McNeese, Tulane, and Southern should be no brainers at least every other year.

I'm afraid that in this "Covid World" that we live in, big numbers in attendance won't happen. I think this will be the case around the country as well unfortunately. If we could average between 20K - 23K, that would be a win in my opinion.

Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information