Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 32 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast

Thread: FB Final: Louisiana 27, Nicholls State 24

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 27, Nicholls State 24

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    The throw to Chris Smith should have been caught. But it was a terrible throw. That route, when the ball is thrown with any zip on it, with the ball just over your head is very hard to catch.

Again, Smith should have caught it, but it wasn’t a good throw. It wouldn’t have lead to much because of where it was thrown.
    It was a terrible throw but it should have been caught? Ok, but you can say this about every QB in college and NFL. Because he put it a foot higher than it should have been while both were on the run, people will say he can't make that throw. You are right, the RB or receiver need to come down with that and I think even they would admit it. The ball hits a good receivers hands, for the most part they should come down with it. I remember watching a couple games last year when Brees is throwing to Kamara on an out route and he has to make an acrobatic catch just to bring it in. Easy pass and catch but even one of the most accurate guys in NFL history makes throws like that. I saw Josh Allen make a worse throw than anything LL has thrown this year, even in the Texas game. I sometimes think the blame is unfairly put on him when it can be put on scheme or catching (last year particularly).

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    While I want to see more of this from LL as well and think its crucial to our offensive effectiveness moving forward, Scott also does this possibly too much or at least recklessly. He was getting beat up in the second half of this game. He keeps doing it like he did Saturday and he may not last the season. LL has to run more but also be smart about it as well.
    We saw him run. He fumbled and let Nicholls back in the game. He is really struggling to start the year off.

Ok, but you can say this about every QB in college and NFL. Because he put it a foot higher than it should have been while both were on the run, people will say he can't make that throw. You are right, the RB or receiver need to come down with that and I think even they would admit it. The ball hits a good receivers hands, for the most part they should come down with it. I remember watching a couple games last year when Brees is throwing to Kamara on an out route and he has to make an acrobatic catch just to bring it in. Easy pass and catch but even one of the most accurate guys in NFL history makes throws like that. I saw Josh Allen make a worse throw than anything LL has thrown this year, even in the Texas game. I sometimes think the blame is unfairly put on him when it can be put on scheme or catching (last year particularly).
    It’s not the deep ball that frustrates me with LL. It’s the easy throws. Throws that should move the chains in the 5-10 yard range. He throws a really good slant and post route between the hash. He throws really good in the run. Aside from that he struggles mightily. That out route to the wide side of the field is something we never should attempt. It’s a wasted play at best, and a pick 6 at worst. He just can’t make that throw.

I want to see play calling that suits his strengths. We’ve seen just snippets of it in both games. But have yet to see it for more than 1 series at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Maybe we need to sit next to Zephyr because we are seeing thing that he isn't seeing.
    Obviously. You would have seen a couple nice touchdown throws and a pretty efficient game when we were going up tempo. And I know a lot of guys bang on his "decision making" but he didn't make the one bad mistake that Scott did throwing that horrible INT.

We saw him run. He fumbled and let Nicholls back in the game. He is really struggling to start the year off.
    He doesn't turn the ball over that much, particularly on the ground. It was a bad fumble but it doesn't diminish the need to get him running more. I think most would agree. His speed and quickness make him too much of an asset not to use more often.

Obviously. You would have seen a couple nice touchdown throws and a pretty efficient game when we were going up tempo. And I know a lot of guys bang on his "decision making" but he didn't make the one bad mistake that Scott did throwing that horrible INT.
    Would you trade Levi Lewis for Lindsay Scott?

He doesn't turn the ball over that much, particularly on the ground. It was a bad fumble but it doesn't diminish the need to get him running more. I think most would agree. His speed and quickness make him too much of an asset not to use more often.
    I 100% agree with this take though. That is why Levi is the guy. He rarely makes mistakes.

Default Re: Cajuns’ pair of transfer receivers have breakout games vs. Colonels

Jefferson is very good. We have guys, just need the play calling to feature them.

Would you trade Levi Lewis for Lindsay Scott?
    Not a chance.

Default Re: Cajuns’ pair of transfer receivers have breakout games vs. Colonels

I said watch mason narcissus and Michael Jefferson. Both had good games.

No, you don't. I know what you're saying but as I said, its the wrong take. You can say we made a few plays down the stretch when we had to and for some reason you continue to use the score in the fourth quarter but that same defense allowed two late touchdowns when we needed one stop. Point being, you said the defense was solid. It wasn't. We are absolutely lucky the QB gifted us an int that we returned for a TD because that's what it was, a gift. He literally got flustered and threw it to Moncrief. I think he actually thought Moncrief was one of his players initially but the point was, both sides of the ball were anything but solid.
    So the defensive linemen who were about to crush him, again had nothing to do with him throwing the bad pass to Moncrief.

The defense made a goal line stand on the one yard line. How did the offense reward them? They made one first down then couldn’t convert a fourth and one on our own 30 yard line!

Just like the Texas game, if the offense would have sustained a long drive the defense wouldn’t have been so tired the last five minutes of the game. Levi fumbled, again putting the defense in a position to save the game.

The open receivers were a problem, the tackling needs improvement, third down conversions were frustrating and clearly a running QB gives us fits. But, the defense is not what concerned me about this game, the offense is what was terrible.

If the game ended at 5 minutes left and we won 27-10, I think we would all still be ____ed we didn’t win by more. As I’ve stated earlier, our Oline should have ground Nichols into the dust in the second half. That unit failed miserably.

I’m not even saying Levi was bad, he was who he is. Could be better but could be worse. Our Oline was supposed to be great and they were anything but.

LL is very inconsistent. Sometimes a good short pass, sometimes not, sometimes a good run, then not, then a good medium pass, then not. What else is there to say. He is inconsistent, has some ability sure, but what we need is a more consistent performance from the QB position. You just can't rely on "sometimes". You can rack your brains out trying to analyze LL. He is the same as he has been for years. This team deserves a high level of performance from the QB position, many teams get it. It's all in Napier's hands.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    LL is very inconsistent. Sometimes a good short pass, sometimes not, sometimes a good run, then not, then a good medium pass, then not. What else is there to say. He is inconsistent, has some ability sure, but what we need is a more consistent performance from the QB position. You just can't rely on "sometimes". You can rack your brains out trying to analyze LL. He is the same as he has been for years. This team deserves a high level of performance from the QB position, many teams get it. It's all in Napier's hands.
    As long as Lewis is the signal caller we can only cross our fingers and hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    As long as Lewis is the signal caller we can only cross our fingers and hope for the best.
    We all know that after 5 years he is incapable of becoming better. It's not in his DNA and like someone else said, he is who he is.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    We all know that after 5 years he is incapable of becoming better. It's not in his DNA and like someone else said, he is who he is.
    So Levi isn’t better that he was 5 years ago?

Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 32 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast

Thread Information