Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 24 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Thread: FB Final: Louisiana 27, Nicholls State 24

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 27, Nicholls State 24

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Love your attitude. We need more of it!
    My wife gets all the credit.

She has a High tolerance for fools and children.

And I check both boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    Saw little spying. Middle open nearly every play that we pressured their QB. All he had to do was avoid rush and he had open field in front of him. Still don’t understand non use of Levi in run game. It’s his strength as even his short passes were often thrown poorly. They were caught but were short, behind receiver. He also had a number of perfectly throw balls. Just not enough.
    Spot on

Regarding Levi not running, why does Napier keep calling zone read plays? The defense knows Levi will not keep it and crash down on the RB every single time

If Levi ever did pull it, he’d be running for days

On a positive note: At least we play Florida State next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Redgineer View Post
    If I was an interviewer, I would ask Napier what grade would he give the team, which includes him.
    We have no interviewers in the Lafayette market that has any balls to ask the hard questions.

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Nicholls State

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    So I think we agree on the continuity of staffing creating issues.

Point taken on the lack of preseason practicing last year.

And as far as concessions go, I know I’m in the minority but I have zero feelings for game peripherals.

Concessions, and game music, cheerleading?

I know I’m the exception but give me a bottle or two of water and I’m good.
    I am good with a bottle of Powerade. Still, I generally agree with you. I very rarely have problems at concession stand at sporting events simply because I don't often partake in them. Seeing action on field more important to me than eating or drinking. I make sure I take care of that prior to kickoff. RCAF card did help me last night however when I picked up a couple of powerades prior to game. Some members may not realize that is a perk.

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    Saw little spying. Middle open nearly every play that we pressured their QB. All he had to do was avoid rush and he had open field in front of him. Still don’t understand non use of Levi in run game. It’s his strength as even his short passes were often thrown poorly. They were caught but were short, behind receiver. He also had a number of perfectly throw balls. Just not enough.
    As Jay Walker said, Ferrod Gardner was missed last night. However his backup is the guy who got the pick six. The few times we rushed only three, Scott completed a pass. That guy deserves credit for his play.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    So I think we agree on the continuity of staffing creating issues.

Point taken on the lack of preseason practicing last year.

And as far as concessions go, I know I’m in the minority but I have zero feelings for game peripherals.

Concessions, and game music, cheerleading?

I know I’m the exception but give me a bottle or two of water and I’m good.
    I also agree. I do my eating and drinking before the game while tailgating or hanging out in the parking lot. When I go into the stadium I go to my seats and watch the game. I haven't purchased anything from the concession stands in several years. I might get up to make a restroom run at halftime if necessary, but that's it. But then again, I realize I am in that only 1% or 2% of fans.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    We really missed Ferrod last night in particular. He does the quarterback spy thing better than anyone. Scott wouldn't have gotten nearly as much done as a scrambler had he been healthy.

I don't think we miss Sale as an OC as much, per se as we do losing both of our OL coaches. That unit needs to play better.

Many of us (myself included) thought our running game wouldn't miss a beat despite losing Mitchell and Ragas. We were wrong.

I don't criticize play calling because even Stevie Wonder can see what a bad play call is after it happens. It's the dumbest criticism by fans.
    Maybe so, but running the ball on 2nd and 19 and 3rd and 10 is baffling. Also, why were our DBs giving so much cushion?

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Spot on

Regarding Levi not running, why does Napier keep calling zone read plays? The defense knows Levi will not keep it and crash down on the RB every single time

If Levi ever did pull it, he’d be running for days
    Most likely it’s RPO’s. Not zone reads.

10. UL Football Saturday's win wasn't the feel-good performance Cajuns were hoping for

Saturday’s 27-24 home win over Nicholls did not produce a big postgame celebration in UL’s locker room.

“I think it’s a good thing when you go in a locker room after a game and you won the game, but the players understand the standard and the expectations and they know they can do things better,” UL coach Billy Napier said.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Most likely it’s RPO’s. Not zone reads.
    I agree but there was a key third down specifically that was a zone read that the defense sold out on the rb knowing there was no threat of Levi pulling the ball

LL's play in the Texas game was much worse versus this game. He made more than one impressive pass, suffered more than one dropped pass and threw more than one bad pass.

Right now, the OL is my biggest concern, and it isn't even close. Many of the most blatant misses were on the right side, which is Mitchell & Torrance, who should be our strength. If you aren't blocking, the rest won't work.

On defense, the 3rd down situation is a big issue. From my view last night, Toney was trying to bait the QB into certain throws to create TO's, instead of protecting against the 1st down marker.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I also agree. I do my eating and drinking before the game while tailgating or hanging out in the parking lot. When I go into the stadium I go to my seats and watch the game. I haven't purchased anything from the concession stands in several years. I might get up to make a restroom run at halftime if necessary, but that's it. But then again, I realize I am in that only 1% or 2% of fans.
    That’s great. I didn’t leave my seat either. But if you want 25,000 fans every game wife and kids will be involved and they aren’t sitting for 4 hours.

Also, give Nicholls' coaches credit, I thought they schemed the heck out of us, especially with Dixon. Multiple times, they moved Dixon from wide out to slot and created a mismatch with a LB in coverage.

15. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 27, Nicholls State 24

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    We have no interviewers in the Lafayette market that has any balls to ask the hard questions.
    ….they had some post game on his interview….also there are some at the QBs club……blame can go around but a non b s answer always gives the question a concise answer!

Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 24 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Thread Information