Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 43 ... LastLast

Thread: FB Final: Louisiana 27, Nicholls State 24

Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 27, Nicholls State 24

Quote Originally Posted by MDMullet8 View Post
    Jay,

In your opinion what is our biggest issue right now? I think we are missing Rob Sale big time but there’s just something that isn’t right. Is Ferrod that important to our D? At this point we are not a very good football team.
    I am not Jay, but QB play and play calling both get an F.

2. Default Re: FB Final: Louisiana 27, Nicholls State 24

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    …..I’m not the biggest LL fan but find him very hard to critique……coaches have raved about his game calling/check offs……he has dazzled out of broken route/rush situations……last night after almost falling down completes a beautiful td pass…..I don’t think I like his pocket pass drop backs to throw….his too high passes…..and not enough strength out routes…..also the flat routes with high velocity…….I do know the team loves him and follows his lead!

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Nicholls State

100% right. Are you coming Of the edge without a problem. No running back to run through the hole fast enough. Not letting Lewis run the ball killing us also. Play calling is terrible. Still can’t contain the quarterback in the pocket on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    If I was an interviewer, I would ask Napier what grade would he give the team, which includes him.

5. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Nicholls State

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    So do you hire coaches who can coach the system, or do those coaches have to learn the system much like the players do?

Honestly, when the season started, I was concerned about Mitchell and Ragas, But my bigger concern was about the turnover in the coaching staff over the last two years.

Obviously, sale was a huge piece to the puzzle: you didn’t move up to a P5, he moved up to the NFL.

Speaks volumes for him.

And I think somebody has mentioned it; as a program and its fans, we were pretty much at this point this time last year as well.

And on a sidenote, for those of you Who had problems waiting in line at the concession stand….

You do know that you can flash your RCAF card and go through a quick pass line?

Took my wife more time to walk to concessions than it did for her to wait for her order.

All you have to do is have that RCAF card handy.
    ….thought the rcaf would work bu t even that line was 10-12 folks infront….also the baseball stadium lines were long at times!

Quote Originally Posted by MDMullet8 View Post
    Jay,

In your opinion what is our biggest issue right now? I think we are missing Rob Sale big time but there’s just something that isn’t right. Is Ferrod that important to our D? At this point we are not a very good football team.
    We really missed Ferrod last night in particular. He does the quarterback spy thing better than anyone. Scott wouldn't have gotten nearly as much done as a scrambler had he been healthy.

I don't think we miss Sale as an OC as much, per se as we do losing both of our OL coaches. That unit needs to play better.

Many of us (myself included) thought our running game wouldn't miss a beat despite losing Mitchell and Ragas. We were wrong.

I don't criticize play calling because even Stevie Wonder can see what a bad play call is after it happens. It's the dumbest criticism by fans.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    No, it’s a different guy. Lindsey Scott Sr is from Baker, LA and played RB at Southern . Lindsey Scott JR played at Zachary high school (next town over) . The dad is a personal injury attorney in BR now

The former Saints player is from Georgia
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    We really missed Ferrod last night in particular. He does the quarterback spy thing better than anyone. Scott wouldn't have gotten nearly as much done as a scrambler had he been healthy.

I don't think we miss Sale as an OC as much, per se as we do losing both of our OL coaches. That unit needs to play better.

Many of us (myself included) thought our running game wouldn't miss a beat despite losing Mitchell and Ragas. We were wrong.

I don't criticize play calling because even Stevie Wonder can see what a bad play call is after it happens. It's the dumbest criticism by fans.
    I disagree about the play calling. We seem disjointed offensively and we lack an identity. There is an art form to great play calling. Knowing when and where to call certain plays. Using other plays to set up something later on in the game. We aren’t doing that. Not currently.

Levi can throw 5 of the 9 routes on the tree exceptionally well. The other 4, not so much. Yet we continue to throw routes he struggles with. Which in turn exposes him as a passer.

2nd & 1 is an obvious passing down, yet we are less than 40% on converting 3rd downs this season. Run the ball, move the chains and keep playing.

Watch Kiffen, Sark, Kendal Briles call games. There is a noticeable difference. I’m not talking talent, just schemes, routes, and areas that are exploited.

Good players made to look great by great play callers.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post

By saying we were missing sale, it was on the assumption that he was coaching the offensive line (not the coordinator).

I thought Kibodi was going to fill some shoes when he transfer it in. But checking the roster before the season started I noticed he had been moved to receiver.

At which time Williams had been moved from linebacker to running back.

So I assumed HE was going to fill the Mitchell/Ragas shoes. But I don’t know if he is even on the two deep.

From what my blind eye sees, it seems we don’t have that Harris/Mitchell/Ragas role filled, Mixed with a dose of inconsistent line play resulting in what we’re seeing.

In any event, I was happy to be there, I was happy that we were playing, I don’t care who we were playing as long as we were playing, and I’m happy we won.

At the end of the day, I paid 1000 bucks to go sit in the stands at a football game and listen to you call the game.

So I’m happy the delay was only about a second.

I would so dig on having cold nachos being my only complaint about last nights game.

Saw little spying. Middle open nearly every play that we pressured their QB. All he had to do was avoid rush and he had open field in front of him. Still don’t understand non use of Levi in run game. It’s his strength as even his short passes were often thrown poorly. They were caught but were short, behind receiver. He also had a number of perfectly throw balls. Just not enough.

By saying we were missing sale, it was on the assumption that he was coaching the offensive line (not the coordinator).

I thought Kibodi was going to fill some shoes when he transfer it in. But checking the roster before the season started I noticed he had been moved to receiver.

At which time Williams had been moved from linebacker to running back.

So I assumed HE was going to fill the Mitchell/Ragas shoes. But I don’t know if he is even on the two deep.

From what my blind eye sees, it seems we don’t have that Harris/Mitchell/Ragas role filled, Mixed with a dose of inconsistent line play resulting in what we’re seeing.

In any event, I was happy to be there, I was happy that we were playing, I don’t care who we were playing as long as we were playing, and I’m happy we won.

At the end of the day, I paid 1000 bucks to go sit in the stands at a football game and listen to you call the game.

So I’m happy the delay was only about a second.

I would so dig on having cold nachos being my only complainf about last nights game.
    Love your attitude. We need more of it!

So do you hire coaches who can coach the system, or do those coaches have to learn the system much like the players do?

Honestly, when the season started, I was concerned about Mitchell and Ragas, But my bigger concern was about the turnover in the coaching staff over the last two years.

Obviously, sale was a huge piece to the puzzle: you didn’t move up to a P5, he moved up to the NFL.

Speaks volumes for him.

And I think somebody has mentioned it; as a program and its fans, we were pretty much at this point this time last year as well.

And on a sidenote, for those of you Who had problems waiting in line at the concession stand….

You do know that you can flash your RCAF card and go through a quick pass line?

Took my wife more time to walk to concessions than it did for her to wait for her order.

All you have to do is have that RCAF card handy.
    Teaching a system, techniques and motivation are all part of the coaches responsibility. Game planning is probably as important as the rest in my opinion. If anyone believes a guy that was hired by an NFL team and was also your offensive coordinator will not be missed, we will disagree. Anytime you change that many coaches in a staff, there will be some challenges in keeping your operation consistent. I thought that was going to a the one major question mark this year's staff would have to answer. After the first two games, I still believe that to be the case.

You mentioned we started the season similarly last season on offense. Remember, the team had no spring practice and summer sessions were reduced dramatically. And there were a number of injuries during fall camp at the wr position.

This season the team held a full spring schedule and conducted summer sessions as planned. The team also returned 20 starters and close to 30 athletes that played significant reps last year. So I'm not buying the offensive gets off to slow starts under Coach Napier mindset. To me it starts with continuity in the staff. I do believe it will be fixed, but it may cost us a few games that many of us thought we would win this season. And it's not just the offensive execution, the defense has suffered through poor tackling and blown assignments.

As for the concessions service and long lines, I don't eat stadium food that much, so I usually drink water and I wasn't interested in standing in lines for 30 minutes to buy a bottle. It matters not to me if I had the RCAF card, or not. If you challenge fans, students and the community to come out and support the team, and your concessions were terrible and the food shortage shows a lack of preparation. Dr. Maggard thought it was poor enough to issue a personal to ticket holders and RCAF members via email. That's good enough for me.

In my nonprofessional opinion, the problem is like most teams these days. NO ONE knows how to tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Teaching a system, techniques and motivation are all part of the coaches responsibility. Game planning is probably as important as the rest in my opinion. If anyone believes a guy that was hired by an NFL team and was also your offensive coordinator will not be missed, we will disagree. Anytime you change that many coaches in a staff, there will be some challenges in keeping your operation consistent. I thought that was going to a the one major question mark this year's staff would have to answer. After the first two games, I still believe that to be the case.

You mentioned we started the season similarly last season on offense. Remember, the team had no spring practice and summer sessions were reduced dramatically. And there were a number of injuries during fall camp at the wr position.

This season the team held a full spring schedule and conducted summer sessions as planned. The team also returned 20 starters and close to 30 athletes that played significant reps last year. So I'm not buying the offensive gets off to slow starts under Coach Napier mindset. To me it starts with continuity in the staff. I do believe it will be fixed, but it may cost us a few games that many of us thought we would win this season. And it's not just the offensive execution, the defense has suffered through poor tackling and blown assignments.

As for the concessions service and long lines, I don't eat stadium food that much, so I usually drink water and I wasn't interested in standing in lines for 30 minutes to buy a bottle. It matters not to me if I had the RCAF card, or not. If you challenge fans, students and the community to come out and support the team, and your concessions were terrible and the food shortage shows a lack of preparation. Dr. Maggard thought it was poor enough to issue a personal to ticket holders and RCAF members via email. That's good enough for me.
    So I think we agree on the continuity of staffing creating issues.

Point taken on the lack of preseason practicing last year.

And as far as concessions go, I know I’m in the minority but I have zero feelings for game peripherals.

Concessions, and game music, cheerleading?

I know I’m the exception but give me a bottle or two of water and I’m good.

So I think we agree on the continuity of staffing creating issues.

Point taken on the lack of preseason practicing last year.

And as far as concessions go, I know I’m in the minority but I have zero feelings for game peripherals.

Concessions, and game music, cheerleading?

I know I’m the exception but give me a bottle or two of water and I’m good.
    Agree.

Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 43 ... LastLast

Thread Information