Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 79

Thread: The Concessions Experience

  1. #1

    What a Downer The Concessions Experience

    Saw a post about beer in the soccer thread.
    Does anyone know if they are doing the lower cost concessions and beer like they did 2 years ago?


  2. #2

    Default Re: Concession Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    Saw a post about beer in the soccer thread.
    Does anyone know if they are doing the lower cost concessions and beer like they did 2 years ago?
    Natural like will be $2 other domestic will be $5
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  3. #3

    Default Re: Concession Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Natural like will be $2 other domestic will be $5
    Water at Costco is $.08/bottle. That's my price. What UL can buy it for? Talk about a mark up.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Concession Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Water at Costco is $.08/bottle. That's my price. What UL can buy it for? Talk about a mark up.
    Glad to see it. People don’t want to contribute to Our athletic program then get them where they are the weakest.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Concession Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Glad to see it. People don’t want to contribute to Our athletic program then get them where they are the weakest.
    I'm all for athletics making money and growing the brand but sometimes I feel like we just copy what others are doing without thinking. We aren't the Saints and we're not Texas. Maybe when we get there we can charge inflated prices but everything we do should be ROI what's best for the program. If we sell a thousand bottles of water at $3 but sell 5 thousand when it $2 then it's a no brainier. People will just spend more when they feel like it's reasonable mark-up. They goal should be to get the person that was gonna spend $20 to spend $30 and the family that was to spend $50 to spend $70.

    If you wanna have a $30 bloody mary stand like the Superdome,I'm all for it. There will be some that will pay it for the novelty but the rest of menu needs value items. Not cheap like $1 dogs but $2 or $3 items that people will buy without thinking. Walmart does this when your about to checkout. All the impulse buy stuff is conveniently right there. That's what I mean about the $2 water.
    It's not a huge mark-up so you don't think about it.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Concession Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Natural like will be $2 other domestic will be $5
    2$ Nattys !!!!!!!!

    I'm gonna need a driver for the trip home.

  7. #7
    shof's Avatar shof is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: Concession Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    2$ Nattys !!!!!!!!

    I'm gonna need a driver for the trip home.
    My thoughts exactly! We spent some pregame time in the Texas Ex Center. Water, $3. Coke, $2. I’m a cheap SOB so Coke it was!
    I’m sure many of you at the game noticed the $16 frozen Margarita stand. Ridiculous!!

  8. #8

    Default Re: Concession Prices

    It is outragious to have to pay $2.00 for a coke and $2.00 for popcorn! And besides this, we have to park across the street. I remember the good ole days when we could leave home at 6:45, make it in plenty of time for the game, and park right outside the gates of Cajun field.

    BTW, where is Baldwin these days?


  9. #9

    Default Re: Concession Prices

    What is "Crafter Beer"?


  10. #10

    Default Re: Concession Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    It is outragious to have to pay $2.00 for a coke and $2.00 for popcorn! And besides this, we have to park across the street. I remember the good ole days when we could leave home at 6:45, make it in plenty of time for the game, and park right outside the gates of Cajun field.

    BTW, where is Baldwin these days?
    Awesome days. Could drive up to Cajun Field with a BBQ pit, lit and cooking, in the bed of the truck. Park and drop the pit wherever we wanted, and break out the jungle juice. No need to worry about even buying a ticket till 90 seconds before kickoff. Then sit wherever we wanted.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Concession Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Awesome days. Could drive up to Cajun Field with a BBQ pit, lit and cooking, in the bed of the truck. Park and drop the pit wherever we wanted, and break out the jungle juice. No need to worry about even buying a ticket till 90 seconds before kickoff. Then sit wherever we wanted.
    Ah, what fond memories. And no one said anything if you brought an flask (or maybe an ice chest) in. It was fun to sit in the stands and count the people in the stadium, especially in the 4th quarter. There were 10s of 20s of people at the games back then.

  12. Default Re: Concession Prices

    As long as its on par with movie concession prices AND Louisiana Athletics gets to keep 100% of the profits, I'm all for it.


  13. #13

    Default Re: Concession Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Water at Costco is $.08/bottle. That's my price. What UL can buy it for? Talk about a mark up.
    Everything these days are high. If you want to play with the big boys and make improvements to everything their is a price to pay.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Concession Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Ah, what fond memories. And no one said anything if you brought an flask (or maybe an ice chest) in. It was fun to sit in the stands and count the people in the stadium, especially in the 4th quarter. There were 10s of 20s of people at the games back then.
    If Louisiana tailgating were a stock, I would be a muti-billionare. I got in on the Ground Floor.

    When I started to make enough money to support my family, I bought a TG spot. Kept it ever since.

    1997. I'll never forget those beautiful Saturdays looking southward from my tent at the acres and acres of freshly mowed grass between me and Bertrand. Not a soul around.

    I miss the naps the most.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Concession Prices

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    What is "Crafter Beer"?
    It's craftier than craft.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Concessions cost.
    By Frenchie35 in forum Eats Louisiana
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: September 2nd, 2019, 01:42 pm
  2. Gameday concessions
    By cajun_lannister in forum Eats Louisiana
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: June 28th, 2019, 08:39 pm
  3. Baseball concessions
    By fpc4life99 in forum Just Ragin
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: March 23rd, 2019, 12:17 pm
  4. Favorite Concessions Item?
    By pwdonaldson in forum Eats Louisiana
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: March 30th, 2015, 06:16 pm
  5. Baseball concessions
    By LOVAQUE in forum Just Ragin
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: March 26th, 2009, 08:47 am

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •