Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Concessions Experience

Default Re: Concession Prices

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Unbelievably Slow Lines.
    Ha nice

Default Re: Matters Responds to Concession Issue

Kudos to Dr. Maggard for acknowledging there is an issue and that he is working to make the necessary corrections.

Default Re: The Concessions Experience

Hired help is a problem everywhere these days. Especially in service related fields. I’ll keep my “political opinion” to myself; but I’d guess most here know what I mean.

4. Default Re: The Concessions Experience

I haven't read anything anywhere asking for more concession workers.

I haven't read anything anywhere asking for more concession volunteers.

I haven't read anything anywhere asking for fan patience due to a worker shortage.

If the lack investing in enough concession workers didn't go back decades, this lack of available workers excuse would carry more weight.

So what were/are all the iterations of concession contractors and/or workers?

Surely there has to be a common theme that the university can pinpoint and see as the root cause.

So I’ve gleaned 7 complaints:

1. Bigger crowd then expected.

2. Not enough workers

3. Limited credit card machines

4. Insufficient points of sale. Need water booth. Need beer booth.

5. Insufficient product (advertised crawfish nachos, apparently there were none). Email said supply chain issues for this)

6. Bad food (cold hamburgers).

7. No menus available.

I had a very good experience. I actually went to Cajun Field to watch a football game, not to go to the grocery store!!! But I do understand some people like to eat and drink during the game more than I do. My experience would have been even better if our team would have played up to its potential.

I appreciate the effort by Dr. Maggard to send an to boosters and season ticket holders. The problem is, we were not the people who needed to receive the message. We will come back regardless. The ones who did not get the email are the casual fans who showed up last night (maybe for the first time) and experienced this disaster. Those folks may never go back, which is a shame. A great opportunity existed to create new fans was flushed down the toilet. They truly USLed this one.

https://www.bobcatattack.com/message...D=6&PID=317317

Ohio fans having similar Gameday experiences.

This stuff is not unique to UL. For example, Texas wasnt that great. There were typical long lines (though probably not the same as ours). Waters were warm at one point in the game. The hamburger sucked. There were no actual menus available.

But Texas aint begging people to come to their games like we are. They can get away with it.

at halftime I only waited a couple of minutes for a restroom and maybe 5 minutes for a beer, they also announced that the concession stands in the endzone had shorter lines. So they did try and address the issue even during the game. I did see some long lines, but I have seen that before especially with bigger crowds. Solution is more outside vendors for a selection of food or drinks that can spread the people out some.

12. Default Re: The Concessions Experience

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    Solution is more outside vendors for a selection of food or drinks that can spread the people out some.
    Brilliant side effect

They need more RCAF lines. Make it to where people want to be RCAF to take advantage of the perk.

Did they have beer men in the crowd? I never saw one pass by my section.

Food has always been terrible. The group in front of us had funnel cake, hamburgers, sausage po boy and other things.. .only thing that looked decent was funnel cake.

There absolutely should be a water only station. Makes too much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    They need more RCAF lines. Make it to where people want to be RCAF to take advantage of the perk.

Did they have beer men in the crowd? I never saw one pass by my section.

Food has always been terrible. The group in front of us had funnel cake, hamburgers, sausage po boy and other things.. .only thing that looked decent was funnel cake.

There absolutely should be a water only station. Makes too much sense.
    There used to be two extra beer booths upstairs and multiple beer vendors walking around. Simply bringing back the two extra beer booths upstairs, and adding water to these booths would go a long way to making the main concession lines shorter.

Advertise ahead of time that Cash is needed! Also, put in 5 ATM's on each side, you'll make money off the transactions.

Takes way too long for payment. We need to update our credit card machines. I believe this is the main problem.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information