Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Podcast: Dr. Bryan Maggard (9-10-21)

Tickets Podcast: Dr. Bryan Maggard (9-10-21)

Louisiana Ragin' Cajun Director of Athletics Dr. Bryan Maggard joined Scott to discuss the latest in conference realignment, the home opener, why everything is setup for the best attendance of the Napier era, a call to the community to make it happen, and much more.

Default Re: Podcast: Dr. Bryan Maggard (9-10-21)

If you listen to this, you will note Dr. Maggard said the key word coming out of recent SBC meetings is "solidarity". That sounds familiar does it not. I am sure the typical response to that remark is "he and reps from the other schools have to say that at this stage". That makes sense Dr. Maggard made this remark in response to Scott asking him about a recent report that the SBC will soon go to 12 schools with UTA and Little Rock having to find new homes. Would be ironic if some CUSA schools left there to move to the SBC. For some, the travel situation would improve with such a move.

If the SBC could make a play for North Texas, Rice, S. Miss, and UAB.....we would have something across all sports.

4. Default Re: Podcast: Dr. Bryan Maggard (9-10-21)

I heard (cant remember when) the Sunbelt will at "some point in time" make a play for UNT, Middle Tennessee, FAU, FIU and Western Kentucky.

Mark it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I heard (cant remember when) the Sunbelt will at "some point in time" make a play for UNT, Middle Tennessee, FAU, FIU and Western Kentucky.

Mark it down.
    So we invite those guys back to the belt?

6. Default Re: Podcast: Dr. Bryan Maggard (9-10-21)

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    So we invite those guys back to the belt?
    ….I guess ltur and Miss southern are our best geographic picks…. But I would not give ltur the enhancement of a better conference…..sure their thought process is the same after their ADs comments!

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    If the SBC could make a play for North Texas, Rice, S. Miss, and UAB.....we would have something across all sports.
    I seriously doubt any former member of the SBC gets invited back.

Makes sense not to add UNT, DFW is an OU, UT, and Dallas Cowboys market.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I seriously doubt any former member of the SBC gets invited back.
    Wku,n texas, midd tenn, florida atl all possible.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Wku,n texas, midd tenn, florids atl all possible.
    That group plus the necks can all stick together, wherever they end up.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun309 View Post
    That group plus the necks can all stick together, wherever they end up.
    Dont be surprised if they end up next to UL.

On 96.5 this a.m. they interviewed Maggard and he talked a lot about the SBC potentionally going on the offensive and adding teams. I don't think this was lip service. Don't be surprised if the SBC is the one going after other teams in the AAC and CUSA.

I don't know what the Sun Belt plans are. I do remember that solidarity was a word used in the past by Sun Belt AD's. That was about four days before Western Kentucky blindsided everyone by announcing they were leaving.

If I had to make a guess as to potential invitees, I'd name four schools: UTSA (who is about to be the football power in CUSA), Southern Miss (good brand and geography...plus I think they'd jump at the chance), Marshall (if the league wants to expand East....again) and one FCS move up: James Madison who was mentioned just before Coastal was added. (Softball fans would love this one.)

But I'm making the assumption the Sun Belt wants to raid CUSA.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    I don't know what the Sun Belt plans are. I do remember that solidarity was a word used in the past by Sun Belt AD's. That was about four days before Western Kentucky blindsided everyone by announcing they were leaving.

If I had to make a guess as to potential invitees, I'd name four schools: UTSA (who is about to be the football power in CUSA), Southern Miss (good brand and geography...plus I think they'd jump at the chance), Marshall (if the league wants to expand East....again) and one FCS move up: James Madison who was mentioned just before Coastal was added. (Softball fans would love this one.)

But I'm making the assumption the Sun Belt wants to raid CUSA.
    I’m probably in the minority but think UTSA would be a solid addition as well. They get very good support in San Antonio and the Alamodome is a very nice venue.
    Basketball sucks, but that’s not what this is really about anyway.

UTSA and USM would be a solid add to the west division.

Again, I think the decision the Sun Belt makes will be based upon whether they are adding teams to get to 12, or making a preemptive strike in case they lose members. If it's the former, I think expansion is in the west, if it's the latter, I think its a more eastern fill. But that's just my opinion and I don't claim to have any concrete knowledge of what they plan to do.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information