Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Soccer Preview: Louisiana vs. #7 LSU

Default Re: Soccer Preview: Louisiana vs. #7 LSU

Actual attendance has not surpassed 2k in a few years. Last year I believe the highest attended game was 457 people

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    When’s the last time MBB had 2373 in the dome? Not announces. Actually sitting in the building…. it’s been a while.
    I have not and never do go out of my way to bash MBB.
    It’s a women’s soccer thread.

Have a nice day.

3. Default Re: Soccer Preview: Louisiana vs. #7 LSU

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    It's been a while because of Covid. I had to mention this to you way back during the season when you were ____ting on the MBB program and attendance. You know, how when you said the sport was dead here in the South and I showed you that our attendance is actually pretty much where it was 20 years ago minus any big teams we were actually able to get to come here. We average close to 4,000 per game. Announced? I have no way to confirm or deny if that number is different from the actual attended and really neither do you. How do you guys know there were over 2,000 fans at the soccer game if someone said there were no gate clickers to count? Is this announced also?

Also, you're using a home game against LSU to draw your comparison to a MBB attendance figure. Go get LSU to come play us here in the dome and your attendance is what? 8,000-10,000?
    Actually, I’m not the one who said “basketball is dead in the south.” I said as a whole, NCAA basketball (outside of 15ish programs) is dying. And that’s a fact.

I still go to the games. There are not 4K in the stands. Not even close. Before Covid, I guarantee we weren’t getting 3k butts in seats. If you believe that, I question whether you’re in the building. Obvious to anyone that the announced attendance is always juiced.

I don’t “____” on the MBB. A few of you take the truth personally, and I don’t know what to tell you about that. But I won’t sugar coat the facts. We’ve done that WAY too long in this program.

Doesn’t matter if North Carolina came to the soccer field. The match outdrew MBB. Sorry that offends some of you. I wasn’t saying it to demean MBB. I was giving kudos to the turnout. Majority Cajun supporters btw. For a program that has historically been ignored, it was a banner moment, from an attention standpoint. I hope it continues.

4. Default Re: Soccer Preview: Louisiana vs. #7 LSU

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    It’s a women’s soccer thread.
    I answered your comments.

When’s the last time MBB had 2373 in the dome? Not announces. Actually sitting in the building…. it’s been a while.
    I have not and never do go out of my way to bash MBB.
    Podcasts are nice. However, they’ll end up just like other media...people won’t want to be guests on your product if you’re bashing them. Anyone with a keyboard can read RR or RP and see how you “have not and never do go out of your way to bash MBB”.

People in the past have trashed Jay for not being aggressive in hard times. You don’t poop where you make your bread. Pretty simple.

I wish you the best going forward.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information