Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Soccer Preview: Louisiana vs. #7 LSU

1. Default Re: Soccer Preview: Louisiana vs. #7 LSU

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    What is the announced crowd size?

We cannot have one damn thread without some MBB shot. It's old as grandma's diaper in the nursing home.

I agree with you guys, but please give it a rest.
    I’m sorry you hate the truth. MBB has come up a lot because of realignment. I have not and never do go out of my way to bash MBB.

Default Re: Soccer Preview: Louisiana vs. #7 LSU

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I’m sorry you hate the truth. MBB has come up a lot because of realignment. I have not and never do go out of my way to bash MBB.
    BS...

Between Vic and the bashing of MBB, that is what killed TOS. It got old.

AGAIN, I agree with you guys about MBB. But it's old news.

Getting back to soccer, we got 3 shots on goal. I hate to use that as a measuring stick, but it is an improvement. But it counts for nothing.

Can someone provide a score please?

Love,

Boomer

Quote Originally Posted by MDMullet8 View Post

Love,

Boomer
    4-0 Refineryville

They are bigger, stronger and faster. We cannot match up in set pieces.

Out shot 16-5. We just got our first shot of second half @ 30 minutes left.

Quote Originally Posted by MDMullet8 View Post

Love,

Boomer
    3-0 Lspoo we have NO offense.

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    3-0 Lspoo we have NO offense.
    You mean LL plays Soccer too...Signed, Ragin Pagin LLHaters

5-0 Alice Shoe. Under 10 left.

5-0 final.
    Shots:
    LSU 20 (12) 5
    UL 10 (5) 0
    Saves 5-7 UL
    Corners 8-1 LSU
    Fouls 10-16 UL
    Offsides 5-3 LSU

Their back line most of the game just physically beat us up.

Closest we came to scoring was a shot off the frame in the second half. SBC play starts next. Winner take all in the conference tournament.

Ian and Cody did a good job calling the game.

If anyone wants to look at the SBC teams and their OOC matches, have at it. Numbers are deceiving. NOBODY has a quality win. By far, UL has played the hardest OOC schedule.

https://sunbeltsports.org/standings.aspx?path=wsoc

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Well they’re USLing it at the game. Me and daughter are about 100th in line at concessions. 2 people working. Looks like the attendance record will be shattered, and then never touched again. I’ve been in line for 10 minutes and can’t even see the concession stand yet.
    Just wait for the beer line on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by TheFan View Post
    Just wait for the beer line on Saturday
    Dude, me and one daughter were in line for 20 solid minutes and still had literally 50 people in front of us. It was 0-0 when we got in line. I called my wife and other daughter to come down so we could leave cuz I was so ____ed at the situation. When they got down and we left it was 3-0 and we were at least 30 minutes from getting to the counter. It’s unacceptable at any sporting event. Saturday will probably be bad but not that bad.

11. Default Re: Soccer Preview: Louisiana vs. #7 LSU

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I’m not surprised. Women’s soccer could outdraw MBB.

For all the great progress we’ve done, we consistently lack in game day experience. Specifically concessions and non-game experience.
    From a school with a Hospitality Management degree.

It did outdraw MBB tonight. As much as it stings, Jacob81 is correct. You can’t invite the city and then have 2 people working concessions. No idea how they’ll count attendance because no scanners or counters at the door.

Atmosphere was great. Hosting wasn’t so great.

However, I don’t think they expected this turnout. Pretty solid.
    Well, it really didn't outdraw MBB but we see where you are going.

13. Default Re: Soccer Preview: Louisiana vs. #7 LSU

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Well, it really didn't outdraw MBB but we see where you are going.
    When’s the last time MBB had 2373 in the dome? Not announces. Actually sitting in the building…. it’s been a while.

When’s the last time MBB had 2373 in the dome? Not announces. Actually sitting in the building…. it’s been a while.
    It's been a while because of Covid. I had to mention this to you way back during the season when you were ____ting on the MBB program and attendance. You know, how when you said the sport was dead here in the South and I showed you that our attendance is actually pretty much where it was 20 years ago minus any big teams we were actually able to get to come here. We average close to 4,000 per game. Announced? I have no way to confirm or deny if that number is different from the actual attended and really neither do you. How do you guys know there were over 2,000 fans at the soccer game if someone said there were no gate clickers to count? Is this announced also?

Also, you're using a home game against LSU to draw your comparison to a MBB attendance figure. Go get LSU to come play us here in the dome and your attendance is what? 8,000-10,000?

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    It's been a while because of Covid. I had to mention this to you way back during the season when you were ____ting on the MBB program and attendance. You know, how when you said the sport was dead here in the South and I showed you that our attendance is actually pretty much where it was 20 years ago minus any big teams we were actually able to get to come here. We average close to 4,000 per game. Announced? I have no way to confirm or deny if that number is different from the actual attended and really neither do you. How do you guys know there were over 2,000 fans at the soccer game if someone said there were no gate clickers to count? Is this announced also?

Also, you're using a home game against LSU to draw your comparison to a MBB attendance figure. Go get LSU to come play us here in the dome and your attendance is what? 8,000-10,000?
    Wait, you really believe there has been 4,000 people actually at a game in the last couple of years?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information