Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Finding a #1 receiver may be more important than some think

1. UL Football Finding a #1 receiver may be more important than some think

UL coach Billy Napier certainly isn’t opposed to the concept of having a clear-cut No. 1 target at wide receiver.

During the 2019 season, for example, Ja’Marcus Bradley was that bell-cow receiver for quarterback Levi Lewis with 60 receptions for 906 yards with 10 touchdowns.

2. Default Re: Finding a #1 receiver may be more important than some think

When Levi had Ja’Marcus Bradley, I often felt he was blind to the rest of the field. Although, Peter Leblanc seemed to excel with no pressure.

Memories are weird like that.

Default Re: Finding a #1 receiver may be more important than some think

We have a #1 in Lacy. We’d have a #2 if Leblance could catch a cold.

Lacy is our #1 and it ain’t even close. If only we had someone to throw the ball to him more than 3 times a game.

Quote Originally Posted by MDMullet8 View Post
    Lacy is our #1 and it ain’t even close. If only we had someone to throw the ball to him more than 3 times a game.
    Lacy needs 7 to10 balls thrown his way a game.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFan View Post
    Lacy needs 7 to10 balls thrown his way a game.
    And if that happens, other receivers would be wide open.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    We have a #1 in Lacy. We’d have a #2 if Leblance could catch a cold.
    Wow. The kid had a bad game and dropped one ball. I’ve seen NFL receivers do the same. He has played in every game since game one of his natural freshman year and hasn’t dropped many that I recall. I don’t remember you making such an asinine statement after last years game one. And I am sure you do know the kid played on basically one leg for half of last season and had post season surgery to repair his injury. By your statement you are saying that coach Napier and Leger are poor judges of talent. Do yourself a favor, next time you see Leger in a private setting ask him who is hardest working receiver is. You obviously know nothing about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by VajunCick View Post
    Wow. The kid had a bad game and dropped one ball. I’ve seen NFL receivers do the same. He has played in every game since game one of his natural freshman year and hasn’t dropped many that I recall. I don’t remember you making such an asinine statement after last years game one. And I am sure you do know the kid played on basically one leg for half of last season and had post season surgery to repair his injury. By your statement you are saying that coach Napier and Leger are poor judges of talent. Do yourself a favor, next time you see Leger in a private setting ask him who is hardest working receiver is. You obviously know nothing about the game.
    Leblanc was not the same after his injury last year. Previous to that he played well. I’m hoping he returns to form.

1 drop does not a season make.

I agree with you, Peter has been very good and he did drop one huge pass vs. Texas, that did not cause us to lose the game, but it was an important one. Many people in the stands near me were complaining about him dropping another one, but that was not him. Jacob Bernard dropped the other pass. Throughout Peter's career at UL, I don't remember him dropping many passes, like I said the one vs Texas was a big one, because it probably would have been an easy first down if not much more. But again, the other dropped pass that people were attributing to Peter, was actually Bernard.

Leblance is the best route runner on the team. It’s not even that close. He also leads the Cajuns in drops over the last two seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I agree with you, Peter has been very good and he did drop one huge pass vs. Texas, that did not cause us to lose the game, but it was an important one. Many people in the stands near me were complaining about him dropping another one, but that was not him. Jacob Bernard dropped the other pass. Throughout Peter's career at UL, I don't remember him dropping many passes, like I said the one vs Texas was a big one, because it probably would have been an easy first down if not much more. But again, the other dropped pass that people were attributing to Peter, was actually Bernard.
    You are correct he dropped one and Bernard the other. The angle on TV looked as though, even if he catches the ball, he would have been stopped well short of the first down. The commentators even said as much.

12. Default Re: Finding a #1 receiver may be more important than some think

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    You are correct he dropped one and Bernard the other. The angle on TV looked as though, even if he catches the ball he will be stopped well short of the first down. The commentators even said as much.
    That may have been the case in the stands it looked as though he would have made it, but we did not have the luxury of the camera angle.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    That may have been the case in the stands it looked as though he would have made it, but we did not have the luxury of the camera angle.
    If the ball isn’t thrown a touch behind him it’s a first down

I bet you cajun4life forgot more about football and sports in general than you ever knew and that's a fact jack!

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I bet you cajun4life forgot more about football and sports in general than you ever knew and that's a fact jack!
    I’d take that bet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information