Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: LSU dreaming of Napier

UL Football LSU dreaming of Napier

Been enjoying their pain till I came to a thread wanting to hire our coach. Half are in dream land as they always are when looking for a new coach but he will be on their short list. Goes with the territory I guess with Nape and I know one day he will say yes but I am hoping he stays till Saban decides to hang it up
    On my phone so canít figure out how to post a link

Default Re: Da baws over on tiggerpoop talking Napier

Too much drama yet to unfold and too many “bosses”…probably would not even interview.

But here’s the thread.

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/...-way/98191446/

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Too much drama yet to unfold and too many “bosses”…probably would not even interview.

But here’s the thread.

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/...-way/98191446/
    Thanks for the thread... Been enjoying that site since Saturday night.. and yes I am that guy

Only way he considers a job like that is if they hand him the keys like Bama did with Saban and keep the boosters away. Inmates are running the asylum across the basin.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Only way he considers a job like that is if they hand him the keys like Bama did with Saban and keep the boosters away. Inmates are running the asylum across the basin.
    They gave the keys to Saban when they hired him at LSU. As much as we donít like LSU, if offered and given control he would be a fool not to take it.

LSU is place you can win a title at without being a great coach, see Cookie Monster there now. He would also ____ of fans by calling us Louisiana when asked about the Cajuns.

He will be on their short list with other guys like Luke Fickell, Dave Aranda, Matt Campbell and Napier. Those are all the fan favorites. Itís also likely those are names on their ADs list too.

LSU A&M still has NCAA problems ahead that haven't been resolved. I don't see Napier wanting to go into that environment

I said in another thread I think the TitleIX issues are too big for even THEIR political power to overcome

Title 9 issues will be a school wide issue like Baylor. NCAA is now toothless with nil. How Ogeron won a natty shows how sometimes coaching is overrated. Lsu is a top 5 job. It is what it is. Just don't hire a Major Applesauce.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Pure speculation, but the Bama job is the one I am guessing he might jump for, if given full control.

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/...pier/98815537/

They are at it again. They want our coach. Oh wow they want something special UL has. How shocking. I thought UL was their little brother. Boy how the tides have turned.

Geaux Louisiana!

People Ed Orgeron tenure terminated at LSU

Well let the speculation begin

Default Looks Official - Head Coaching Search in Baton Rouge Begins

LSU and coach Ed Orgeron, 60, have reached a separation agreement that will result in Orgeron not returning to coach the Tigers following the 2021 season, according to Sports Illustrated's Ross Dellenger. Orgeron, who won a national championship at LSU in 2019, is expected to finish the remainder of the season as the team's coach.

While this development comes less than 24 hours after the Tigers upset Florida 49-42 at Tiger Stadium, Dellenger reports that the move had been in the works since last week's loss to Kentucky.

Orgeron has led LSU for the last five full seasons after being promoted from his role as interim coach in 2016. Though he did put together an undefeated LSU team that won the 2019 national title in one of the most dominant seasons in the history of the sport, the program has fallen significantly since it walked off the field after winning the College Football Playoff in New Orleans.

LSU is 9-8 (7-6 SEC) since that championship win with a 2-3 record against Power Five opponents this season.

Orgeron took over as interim coach in 2016 when LSU fired Les Miles four games into the season. After the Tigers tried and failed to hire both Jimbo Fisher and Tom Herman, there was momentum behind hiring Orgeron full time after he led LSU to a 6-2 (4-2 SEC) mark in the eight games he coached.

The Tigers went 9-4 and 10-3 in his first two full seasons at the helm before everything came together for LSU. Orgeron realized he needed to modernize his offense with quarterback Joe Burrow at the helm, so he hired Joe Brady as passing game coordinator. Combined with the hire of Dave Aranda as defensive coordinator, LSU rolled to the first undefeated 15-0 season in college football history in 2019.
    https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...on-per-report/

I guess this means LSU was able to find a way to not have to pay the entire $20 Million buyout. Considering some of the off the field reports regarding Orgeron, and the looming in-house issues, maybe there was a decent chance at for cause reasons.

Default Re: Lsu fires coach O

Not worried. Their egotistical arrogance
    Will not allow them to come west and admit we have anything better

Default Re: Lsu fires coach O

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Not worried. Their egotistical arrogance
    Will not allow them to come west and admit we have anything better
    I’m not either. I’d say it’s less than 50% chance he goes, if offered. Besides all the ethical stuff there would be waaaay too much big money interference.

Default Re: Looks Official - Head Coaching Search in Baton Rouge Begins

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...on-per-report/

I guess this means LSU was able to find a way to not have to pay the entire $20 Million buyout. Considering some of the off the field reports regarding Orgeron, and the looming in-house issues, maybe there was a decent chance at for cause reasons.
    They are paying his entire 17 mill buyout. Mel Tucker makes a lot or sense

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information