Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Head Coaching Search ran through Cajun Country

Default Re: LSU fires coach O

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    If Napier would happen to be offered the LSU job and take it, I think that would put many of us in am awkward position. We all like and appreciate what he has done for UL and recognize he is a good man. That would certainly put me between a rock and a hard place.
    On one hand I want Billy to have success wherever he goes, but on the other hand there is no way I can cheer for LSU!
    What are we to do if that sceneries were to happen?
    Hope Lsu loses every game.

CajunJeaux is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

If Napier would happen to be offered the LSU job and take it, I think that would put many of us in am awkward position. We all like and appreciate what he has done for UL and recognize he is a good man. That would certainly put me between a rock and a hard place.
    On one hand I want Billy to have success wherever he goes, but on the other hand there is no way I can cheer for LSU!
    Tell Billy (and staff) thanks for everything on the way out the door.

And then treat them like you do now.

LSU has brought a generational curse on themselves. They will never even sniff another national title in any of our life times.

Like Paulie said at the end of Goodfellas when Henry asked him for money: "Now I gotta turn my back on you."

Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    Like Paulie said at the end of Goodfellas when Henry asked him for money: "Now I gotta turn my back on you."

Ok. You win the retort game!!

Some of their insiders say Napier isnít even in the conversation. Somehow they are above taking a coach from little ole Lafayette. No matter how good he is.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jeritrose...138291712?s=21

The buyout. Termination with out cause.

Best case scenario, Napier is not a candidate, stays here another few years establishing our program and gets us to a NY6 game. Then he goes to another SEC program and dominates against LSU forever making them regret being too full of themselves to consider him.

Obviously Iíd prefer him to stay here for his entire career, but realistically he will probably end up at a big P5 school, so anywhere other than 40 miles east works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine;1298088 hi
    10 years ago, RP did a poll on who UL should hire as FB head coach.

Of the available candidates at the time, Hudspeth was #1 and Ed Orgeron polled last.
    Yep. Orgeron reached out to our admin after Bustle was let go. They ended up going with Hud and made the right decision

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    So why are they paying him then?
    The Darius Guice stuff.

The title IX Stuff.

Their previous coach was fired for sexual-harassment charges, and he was only there for two years. Les didn’t learn the stuff at the age of 65, he had been doing it all along.

And now you have stories coming out about Orgeron.

Does he know where the bodies are buried?

Sec has a case of the Nick Saban syndrome. We have to win a natty every year or we fire our coach.

13. Default Re: LSU fires coach O

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    I knew about this last week. Told only a few peeps. CBN listed as a replacement option.
    No, he isnít.

14. Default Re: LSU fires coach O

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Napier one of two G5 coaches listed as a possibility on the first article about replacements coming out of ESPN.

I'm not convinced LSU is on the supposedly short list of schools that Napier is willing to consider.
    ESPN just pÔssing in the wind.

15. Default Re: LSU fires coach O

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Guys, I love Coach Napier and donít want him going anywhere. And I do believe heís all about quality of life. To an extent.

Donít forget he got a 100% raise and his assistants got paid, too. Letís be honest with ourselves: if that doesnít happen, heís out of here.

So if A&M comes knocking with another 100% plus raise, and a top 5 athletic program, there will be consideration. I just cannot imagine any scenario where a coach in the right mind turns their nose up at this gig.
    Absolutely incorrect

Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information