Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Head Coaching Search ran through Cajun Country

Default Re: Lsu fires coach O

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    He's going to leave for someplace where he can have total control, and LSU ain't it.
    I truly believe he is content here making 2 million/year building a program at Louisiana that will far outlast his stay. That will be his legacy.
    The man still rides around in the same Explorer since he's been here. He's not about money or ego.
    GOD BLESS, Billy Napier!!
    I agree that it appears that he is not money driven... however, he will NEVER have a top HC position where he has total control. Certainly not to begin with. Again, having to deal with big money bags goes with the territory. Now, conceivably, he might decide that he doesn't want that kind of job, in which case, he ain't going anywhere.... on the other hand, the man is a competitor and most competitors want a chance to prove themselves at the highest level.... bottom line is, who the hell knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    School is falling down and students can't use the library...but spend 17 mill for a coach to leave
    Again, this will no be coming out of the school's general fund. Not even sure it will be coming out of the athletic department funds.

Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    Again, this will no be coming out of the school's general fund. Not even sure it will be coming out of the athletic department funds.
    Hughey and Earl pay er...TAF will cut the check...probaby $5 million plus a year over 3 years...

I know its completely private I'm just saying instead of putting it into the institution as donations they are using it for a coach to sit home.

Then they ____ and moan to the state for more money

I know I'm just saying instead of putting it into the institution as donations they are using it for a coach to sit home.
    Who is? The money in TAF is privately generated and controlled funds where donors have decided to donate to the school's athletic endeavors. Some/most/all of these donors may also donate to the academic side. But, the school does not control the money, and the funds could not be spent on academics without TAF's agreement, and , if TAF did agree, the donors would shout holly hell cause they wanted the money to be used for athletics.

This is not at all an LSU thing. Almost every school, including Louisiana has the same set up. We could argue that this suggests misplaced priorities, but that is another discussion.

Who is? The money in TAF is privately generated and controlled funds where donors have decided to donate to the school's athletic endeavors. Some/most/all of these donors may also donate to the academic side. But, the school does not control the money, and the funds could not be spent on academics without TAF's agreement, and , if TAF did agree, the donors would shout holly hell cause they wanted the money to be used for athletics.

This is not at all an LSU thing. Almost every school, including Louisiana has the same set up. We could argue that this suggests misplaced priorities, but that is another discussion.
    The president approves the transaction. So the school does decide to use 17 million to fire a coach...all while their campus building rot

The president approves the transaction. So the school does decide to use 17 million to fire a coach...all while their campus building rot
    Except that the money CANNOT be used for academics. I don't understand why this is so difficult to understand....

8. Default Re: Lsu fires coach O

LOL That guy went like 49-15 and got fired. That just eliminated anyone with a brain from throwing their hat in the ring.

Hopefully they can keep selling enough of that licensed LSU apparel at every Louisiana Wal-Mart & Dollar General to pay the buyouts of the next 2 coaches who take that job - because LSU just became a cash grab destination for some big name coaches who want a nice retirement plan.

It's gonna be just like U. Of Texas' rotating door of coaches - but worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbeaux View Post
    LOL That guy went like 49-15 and got fired. That just eliminated anyone with a brain from throwing their hat in the ring.

Hopefully they can keep selling enough of that licensed LSU apparel at every Louisiana Wal-Mart & Dollar General to pay the buyouts of the next 2 coaches who take that job - because LSU just became a cash grab destination for some big name coaches who want a nice retirement plan.

It's gonna be just like U. Of Texas' rotating door of coaches - but worse.
    With LSU's name, history, and recruiting abilities, I don't think they will have any trouble attracting interest from top notch coaches. In the BCS era, LSU has won more championships than any school not named University of Alabama at Nick Saban and have done it with three different coaches... two of who were not very good coaches and the third had not yet really hit his stride....

LSU will end up like Texas changing coaches like this every few years.

Why would anyone want to work for that dump unless itís for the money knowing you have a high chance of being fired in a few years and having to put up with all the BS.

THEN AGAIN money can be a huge motivator.
    We need to find another million for Napier after this season quick.

If Napier gets that job as he is pretty much the face of our program, itís going to damage the cULture and LSU knows that it would sting our momentum.

I really think Napier loves building the cULture at UL but we just cannot compete with LSU $$$$.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    LSU will end up like Texas changing coaches like this every few years.

Why would anyone want to work for that dump unless it’s for the money knowing you have a high chance of being fired in a few years and having to put up with all the BS.

THEN AGAIN money can be a huge motivator.
    We need to find another million for Napier after this season quick.

If Napier gets that job as he is pretty much the face of our program, it’s going to damage the cULture and LSU knows that it would sting our momentum.

I really think Napier loves building the cULture at UL but we just cannot compete with LSU $$$$.
    I don't know.... maybe as good at least as good a chance to win a national title as at any school in the country. Look, we all have problems with LSU. But, let's not fool ourselves. It is one of the top ten positions in the country. The only possible encumbrance might be NCAA sanctions, but I don't know that the Title IX lawsuits would provoke sanctions against the football program.

The man said it all last year after Auburn offered. ITS NOT ABOUT THE MONEY! And is that $ ever enough to put up with the crap that comes out about Alice Shu daily. He's happy here. HIS FAMILY LOVES IT HERE. He's got a good thing here and some ways it's better than 90% of the jobs in the country. So, please stop with that insane idea and parinoid thinking.

“Scared Money Don’t Make Money.”

Except that the money CANNOT be used for academics. I don't understand why this is so difficult to understand....
    I understand how it works I'm telling you about the optics. A friend of mine was in the law program there. Her prof made them write grants so they could afford the markers and cleaning solutions for their white boards.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    The man said it all last year after Auburn offered. ITS NOT ABOUT THE MONEY! And is that $ ever enough to put up with the crap that comes out about Alice Shu daily. He's happy here. HIS FAMILY LOVES IT HERE. He's got a good thing here and some ways it's better than 90% of the jobs in the country. So, please stop with that insane idea and parinoid thinking.
    Easily can be a top 25 team in Lafayette every year.

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information