Thread: Week 1 Tailgate Menu

Default Week 1 Tailgate Menu

What's on the menu at your tailgate spot this week?

I'm cooking a chili at my spot. Nice and easy for the first week back.

Default Re: Week 1 Tailgate Menu

not sure maybe hamburgers and hot dogs

I need locations and menus so I can navigate the tg spots

If you're near my spot, I want to apologize for the ants that will be in your spot this weekend. Going poison those suckers so I don't have to deal with them.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    What's on the menu at your tailgate spot this week?

I'm cooking a chili at my spot. Nice and easy for the first week back.
    It's gonna be a long, hot tailgate for a game against Nichols. Keep it simple. We're gonna do the small BBQ. Burgers, pork chops, etc. Stay hydrated. Mix in a couple of waters in between beers.

If this were a higher profile game, it would be different. If we had Tech or Tulane coming to town or a P5, then you do the whole hog. Then, you risk death and give 110% in your tailgating in 100 degree heat.

For Nichols, we are gonna keep it within normal limits.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    It's gonna be a long, hot tailgate for a game against Nichols. Keep it simple. We're gonna do the small BBQ. Burgers, pork chops, etc. Stay hydrated. Mix in a couple of waters in between beers.

If this were a higher profile game, it would be different. If we had Tech or Tulane coming to town or a P5, then you do the whole hog. Then, you risk death and give 110% in your tailgating in 100 degree heat.

For Nichols, we are gonna keep it within normal limits.
    Good points, but it is 1 of only 3 opportunities to tailgate this season at home

Well since we have a cold front coming through and the temp will be in the 80’s for most of the day I’m doing a big of pot of gumbo

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Good points, but it is 1 of only 3 opportunities to tailgate this season at home
    Why can't you tailgate on a Thursday or Tuesday? We have only 6 opportunities every year and know months in advance the days we'll need to schedule around. I don't see the difficulty

I travel for work most Tuesdays through Thursdays. I can usually schedule ahead and make the game itself, but for tailgating, it is not feasible during the week due to the amount of time required to setup and tear down especially with a lack of people available to help on weekdays

On this note, what are the available setup times for weekdays? And when do you have to have your spot cleared out? Our spot is in the RV section which is used for student parking day of and day after weekday games

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Why can't you tailgate on a Thursday or Tuesday? We have only 6 opportunities every year and know months in advance the days we'll need to schedule around. I don't see the difficulty
    I agree that in my youngers days it was easy to tailgate during the week. However, in my line of work now it's not so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    I agree that in my youngers days it was easy to tailgate during the week. However, in my line of work now it's not so easy.
    Tailgating and attending most games during the week is for the young with no responsibilities and the wealthy who have no restricitions.

Thread Information