Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: It doesn't matter who you are......

Default It doesn't matter who you are......

The biggest overreaction by fans is after the first game of the season. Had we won, we'd be talking about being in the CFP.

Had the boys to the east won, fans would be saying "we're back!" Instead they want to fire their head coach.

This is true for every program in America.

This team, and its personnel, aren't as bad as some of you are making it out to be.

Deep breaths, get ready for Saturday.

Default Re: It doesn't matter who you are......

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    The biggest overreaction by fans is after the first game of the season. Had we won, we'd be talking about being in the CFP.

Had the boys to the east won, fans would be saying "we're back!" Instead they want to fire their head coach.

This team, and its personnel, aren't as bad as some of you are making it out to be.

Right on Jay! I thought we had a good chance, but we were going to need some help(ForceTurnovers, big plays, perfect game)
    I saw some pretty good stuff from the Cajuns .

I agree with this analysis Jay. Look at what people were saying about Nebraska after their first game. Not they will be back to the level of the 70's, but their season is not over. In our case, my over reaction is that Texas may be one of the surprise teams in the country. It is not that our team does not have quality players, they are just a notch below what the Longhorns put on the field.

Texas was better at QB, RB and WR Ty Whittington on offense. On defense they were almost identical to us. I believe we are better in the box than they were and they were better in the secondary than we are. But that’s splitting hairs because it’s really close.

This is still a 9 to 12 win team. Just have to execute.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I agree with this analysis Jay. Look at what people were saying about Nebraska after their first game. Not they will be back to the level of the 70's, but their season is not over. In our case, my over reaction is that Texas may be one of the surprise teams in the country. It is not that our team does not have quality players, they are just a notch below what the Longhorns put on the field.
    Nebraska beat an FCS team that had not scored a TD against an FBS team since 1969...

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Nebraska beat an FCS team that had not scored a TD against an FBS team since 1969...
    I am not saying Nebraska's win Saturday indicates they will be good. I think it is premature to write off any team after one game. Players on those teams did not work all summer to throw in the towel after one disappointing performance. A loss in October is not magnified as much as one in Game 1. That was Jay's main point earlier. No game is more magnified in reaction than Game 1 in college football.

Sound like us vs LSU. But that doesn’t mean much to Cajun fans now does it?

Nebraska will be a 7-5 or 8-4 team. Good, but very flawed.

LSU now takes on McNeese, which lost to a D-II team Saturday.

LSU now takes on McNeese, which lost to a D-II team Saturday.
    McNeese’s program is on life support. It’s almost depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Sound like us vs LSU. But that doesn’t mean much to Cajun fans now does it?

Nebraska will be a 7-5 or 8-4 team. Good, but very flawed.
    If we got ran off the field 2 years than yes.. Point is Nebraska is still going to be bad, You find me 7 wins on Nebraska's schedule I will buy you a beer.

If we got ran off the field 2 years than yes.. Point is Nebraska is still going to be bad, You find me 7 wins on Nebraska's schedule I will buy you a beer.
    Nebraska's offense is a one man show with Martinez right now. I think he's got potential to get them those 7 to 8 wins, but he needs some help from ANYONE else on that side of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Nebraska's offense is a one man show with Martinez right now. I think he's got potential to get them those 7 to 8 wins, but he needs some help from ANYONE else on that side of the ball.
    They have been bad since Frost Arrived. I see 3 maybe 4 wins no way they can compete with Iowa, Michigan, Ohio state, Wisconsin or Minnesota..then you throw in Oklahoma as a NCG

Illinois beat them then lose in week two to UTSA.

finally something from Covid Carolina that we can agree with

https://twitter.com/i/status/1433835306537656339

Bad? No. But we walked a thin line all of last year in a number of close games that literally could have gone either way. You can't count on those breaks to keep lasting year in and year out. While I certainly don't think we are bad, I was hoping to see some alterations in our offense to open it up and get speed on the outside and get LL using his legs to move the chains as he should have on the first series of the game. We continue to want to run a guy like Smith right up the A gap on most rushing plays and when we kick it outside (only time I saw) he goes to the house. You can go on and on and I know Napier was probably not happy with either side of the ball but was just hoping to see some variations to what we saw last year.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information