Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: It doesn't matter who you are......

Default Re: It doesn't matter who you are......

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I was referencing his comment about message boards to the previous poster when asking if anyone was wanting Napier fired.
    But my comment did not say that anyone wanted Napier fired. In fact, the gist of it was that the loss Saturday had not deterred tigger fans from wanting to poach him from us, which I lamented.

ETA: Turbine you was wrong :-)

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    But my comment did not say that anyone wanted Napier fired. In fact, the gist of it was that the loss Saturday had not deterred tigger fans from wanting to poach him from us, which I lamented.

That’s one thing that’s probably a 100% lock…CBN would not take the job at LSUA&MBR. It’s a slow motion train wreck which isn’t over yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    That’s one thing that’s probably a 100% lock…CBN would not take the job at LSUA&MBR. It’s a slow motion train wreck which isn’t over yet.
    Ya think? I would hope so, but I'm not so sure. If you read all the threads, not only do they mention his coaching skills, but also how is disciplined, not a drama queen, good family man, etc....all the things that don't currently have, and haven't had in a long time. I think he would have a hard time turning that job down, as I am sure that they would give him everything he is looking for.

4. Default Re: It doesn't matter who you are......

100% wrong I was.

I thought he was referencing Jay's past history of calling out Cajunfan(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    100% wrong I was.

I thought he was referencing Jay's past history of calling out Cajunfan(s)
    no problem and no biggie, but thanks for owning up to it.

Ya think? I would hope so, but I'm not so sure. If you read all the threads, not only do they mention his coaching skills, but also how is disciplined, not a drama queen, good family man, etc....all the things that don't currently have, and haven't had in a long time. I think he would have a hard time turning that job down, as I am sure that they would give him everything he is looking for.
    There is one thing they won’t give him...100% control. And that’s why we still have Napier. Very few coaches have that privilege...and that’s been the obvious stumbling block in every offer/situation so far...especially Auburn.

Give me time to run into an acquaintance that has TAF management ties. His info is good...told me when and how fast Miles’ departure was going to happened months before it went down...and he was spot on to the day. Exact words “within 24 hours of losing to Auburn the decision will be known”.

Billy wants and will deserve 100% control over his next team...and that ain't happening in BR, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    There is one thing they won’t give him...100% control. And that’s why we still have Napier. Very few coaches have that privilege...and that’s been the obvious stumbling block in every offer/situation so far...especially Auburn.

Give me time to run into an acquaintance that has TAF management ties. His info is good...told me when and how fast Miles’ departure was going to happened months before it went down...and he was spot on to the day. Exact words “within 24 hours of losing to Auburn the decision will be known”.
    Miles was torpedoed by nearly the entire staff and the AD. The AD despised Miles. Orgeron and the Rozy Finch Boyz made sure to get rid of him.

If you think they wouldn’t give everything Napier wants you’re fooling yourself. They know the conditions he has set when interviewing. If they interview him then they will give him the reigns.

The only exception is they probably wouldn’t allow him to call the plays. That way if it takes LSU time to turn things around then they have a scapegoat and it’s not the HC that will cost them $5-7M a year.

Don't get me wrong, I want Napier to succeed so well that he moves on to bigger things. I would even be happy for him if that meant going to the dark side 55 miles to our east, although the pain of that would be much.
    Don't get me wring either, I want only good things for Nape. He has taken this program to places that I have only dreamed of. My hope is that he waits for Saban to retire... Barring that anyplace other than 55 miles east. I don't want that for us NOR him

I think he is referring to the train wreck their whole athletic department is running towards.. I think the Title IX thing is too big for even their political powers to overcome...

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    The biggest overreaction by fans is after the first game of the season. Had we won, we'd be talking about being in the CFP.

Had the boys to the east won, fans would be saying "we're back!" Instead they want to fire their head coach.

This is true for every program in America.

This team, and its personnel, aren't as bad as some of you are making it out to be.

Deep breaths, get ready for Saturday.
    Still sore about getting the boot from LSU back in the 70's?

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRanchMan View Post
    Oh Geez you’re back. Took a year hiatus huh?

You’re precious Tigers got manhandled by UCLA. Not USC, UCLA for goodness sake.

Crawl in your hole, lick your wounds and be prepared to have a 6-6 record.

5-6 record over your last 11 contests.

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    I think he is referring to the train wreck their whole athletic department is running towards.. I think the Title IX thing is too big for even their political powers to overcome...
    Oh yeah I get that…..and so do the lsu fans who want desperately to get someone like Napier. And I kind of think that despite all of those challenges, well, maybe because of them, he might be drawn to it. He could could make a name for himself not only wining but bringing some respectability to them. And I think he could use that whole mess as leverage with them to give him the control they might not normally grant. Just my thoughts….trying to think like him. I still say he is waiting for bama….and is willing to wait, esp now with the huge salary increase.

15. Default Re: It doesn't matter who you are......

Scarborough the dbag is back

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information