Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: It doesn't matter who you are......

Default Re: It doesn't matter who you are......

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    McNeese’s program is on life support. It’s almost depressing.
    Their fans are as happy as we were after North Alabama. Their fan base was fractured already with the SLC teams bailing out on the SLC to the WAC & A-Sun. On top of that they’re also fractured over the realization moving to FBS isn’t in the cards. Losing to a 5th year D2 program that started out with no stadium isn’t sitting well. Zem and company can polish that fecal statue all week, it still stinks.

Should be interesting, Oregeon now has to mow down his son’s team to save face.

We need to crush Nicholls just because.

We did not stretch the field. After the 1drive we basically abandoned the run. Our key playmakers didn’t touch the ball enough. We sucked on 3rd downs. All our 3 and outs decimated our D. Lewis made poor decisions for a 5th year starter. We missed D assignments ( ie: UT’s 1st td), we had TOOOOO many dropped passes. Lewis threw the ball behind the receivers. We needed to keep the 3-5 ypc and let their D suffer more.

Texas was better at QB, RB and WR Ty Whittington on offense. On defense they were almost identical to us. I believe we are better in the box than they were and they were better in the secondary than we are. But that’s splitting hairs because it’s really close.

This is still a 9 to 12 win team. Just have to execute.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeybs View Post
    We did not stretch the field. After the 1drive we basically abandoned the run. Our key playmakers didn’t touch the ball enough. We sucked on 3rd downs. All our 3 and outs decimated our D. Lewis made poor decisions for a 5th year starter. We missed D assignments ( ie: UT’s 1st td), we had TOOOOO many dropped passes. Lewis threw the ball behind the receivers. We needed to keep the 3-5 ypc and let their D suffer more.
    Yeah….not making all of those 3 and outs just killed us. Even if we didn’t score more not keeping those drives alive just sealed our fate. And the worst part of this is that there are far too many reasons why we didn’t convert more.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Bad? No. But we walked a thin line all of last year in a number of close games that literally could have gone either way. You can't count on those breaks to keep lasting year in and year out. While I certainly don't think we are bad, I was hoping to see some alterations in our offense to open it up and get speed on the outside and get LL using his legs to move the chains as he should have on the first series of the game. We continue to want to run a guy like Smith right up the A gap on most rushing plays and when we kick it outside (only time I saw) he goes to the house. You can go on and on and I know Napier was probably not happy with either side of the ball but was just hoping to see some variations to what we saw last year.
    This is my biggest issue with Napier. It's plain as day to just about everyone that Levi in the pocket equals slow death to our offense. Yet, Napier continues to gameplan like he has Mahomes 2.0 under center. It's mind-numbing. LL had several extremely good opportunities on key plays to use his legs. The Texas defense was never in any real danger, and they should have been. LL taking off would have put UT's defense on their heels, making adjustments that Napier could have easily taken advantage of.

McNeese’s program is on life support. It’s almost depressing.
    Depressing for whom?

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    The biggest overreaction by fans is after the first game of the season. Had we won, we'd be talking about being in the CFP.

Had the boys to the east won, fans would be saying "we're back!" Instead they want to fire their head coach.

This is true for every program in America.

This team, and its personnel, aren't as bad as some of you are making it out to be.

Deep breaths, get ready for Saturday.
    I hope no one suggested that Billy gets fired? Folks done lost their mind if so.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I hope no one suggested that Billy gets fired? Folks done lost their mind if so.
    Message boards, I tell ya. I was hoping that one of the only positive things about Saturday was that it might've slowed down talk of napier leaving soon. That sure is not the case, at least not on tigger droppings: there are numerous threads of getting Napier there. Don't think that means as much as they would want it to, but on the other hand it at least gives a good showing of what the fans want.

Don't get me wrong, I want Napier to succeed so well that he moves on to bigger things. I would even be happy for him if that meant going to the dark side 55 miles to our east, although the pain of that would be much.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Of course not. Don't let Cajunsfan get you thinking anybody here is wanting him to go. That's not even exaggeration, its delusion. However, if people didn't see some things the criticize the staff about on Saturday then they clearly have the rose colored blinders on and this is the place to air those criticisms.

Of course not. Don't let Cajunsfan get you thinking anybody here is wanting him to go. That's not even exaggeration, its delusion. However, if people didn't see some things the criticize the staff about on Saturday then they clearly have the rose colored blinders on and this is the place to air those criticisms.
    WTF? I never said that I wanted him to go, or that anyone else did either. Quite the contrary. Your obsession with me is weird.

I know LaCajunsFan personally and he never said anything close to that.

12. Default Re: It doesn't matter who you are......

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Do you really think anyone cares who you know or that such would make any difference as to what they may or may not say?

13. Default Re: It doesn't matter who you are......

"Cajunsfan" generic does not imply "LaCajunsFan" specific.

HELP

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    "Cajunsfan" generic does not imply "LaCajunsFan" specific.

HELP
    lol....well....I think it is more like: 'cajun fans' is generic, cajunfans means something else. But hey, maybe I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I was referencing his comment about message boards to the previous poster when asking if anyone was wanting Napier fired.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information