Page 58 of 112 FirstFirst ... 48 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 68 ... LastLast
Results 856 to 870 of 1674

Thread: AAC Focused on ...

  1. #856

    Default Re: AAC Focused on ...

    Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    Interestingly enough, the American Psychiatrists Association, the American Psychological Association, and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, among many others, all disagree with you.

    But then, these are just experts in the field so....
    Right….

  2. Default Re: AAC Focused on ...

    Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    Interestingly enough, the American Psychiatrists Association, the American Psychological Association, and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, among many others, all disagree with you.

    But then, these are just experts in the field so....
    Very telling and scary.

    Bonding schematics is so misunderstood and rarely studied

  3. #858

    Default Re: AAC Focused on ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Very telling and scary.

    Bonding schematics is so misunderstood and rarely studied
    OK... I'l bite (though I'll probably regret it). What is a bonding schematic?

  4. #859

    Default Re: AAC Focused on ...

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Thank you for posting this. I simultaneously had several of the same thoughts. But my version including curse words.
    You and I have heard the same stories and the most recent was extremely disappointing. I'm holding out hope that the AAC will add 6 new members and we will be included. My concern going forward is that we add 2 and we are done with expansion if that doesn't happen because Football expansion is something entirely above Mr. Gill's experience and pay grade.

  5. #860

    Default Re: AAC Focused on ...

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    You and I have heard the same stories and the most recent was extremely disappointing. I'm holding out hope that the AAC will add 6 new members and we will be included. My concern going forward is that we add 2 and we are done with expansion if that doesn't happen because Football expansion is something entirely above Mr. Gill's experience and pay grade.
    There are no additions out there that will get the SBC more televison money. Yes, we need to add teams. I don't see any president running out there wanting to give up 40 to 60 percent of their tv revenue.

    Nor do I at this point anyone from the belt wanting to join the frequent flyers club the AAC is headed toward.

    Covid has been the wild card financially. Would bet that is in the equation.

    Gill answers to the presidents. The buck stops there, he does what he is told to do. And no, I am not a fan of his in the least.

  6. #861

    Default Re: AAC Focused on ...

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    There are no additions out there that will get the SBC more televison money. Yes, we need to add teams. I don't see any president running out there wanting to give up 40 to 60 percent of their tv revenue.

    Nor do I at this point anyone from the belt wanting to join the frequent flyers club the AAC is headed toward.

    Covid has been the wild card financially. Would bet that is in the equation.

    Gill answers to the presidents. The buck stops there, he does what he is told to do. And no, I am not a fan of his in the least.
    ……An important fact has been left out of this conversation and that is the recruiting issue of adds, conference strength, and future power rankings……I would say that our #1&2 recruiting rivals are Ltur and Tulane because we all want the same kids….I know that Ltur and Tulane surely used the conference issue against us in the past and now I guess just Tulane until the Big 12 happening……if we can now keep Ltur down and Tulane even down with their conference losses, this really helps us……just think If we got the guys (we’ll say 3) from Tulane, Ltur, and USM that we wanted and lost…..how good would our talent level be?

  7. #862

    Default Re: AAC Focused on ...

    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    There are no additions out there that will get the SBC more televison money. Yes, we need to add teams. I don't see any president running out there wanting to give up 40 to 60 percent of their tv revenue.

    Nor do I at this point anyone from the belt wanting to join the frequent flyers club the AAC is headed toward.

    Covid has been the wild card financially. Would bet that is in the equation.

    Gill answers to the presidents. The buck stops there, he does what he is told to do. And no, I am not a fan of his in the least.
    I'm not suggesting it will, I am suggesting there are opportunities and reward doesn't come without risk. But until realignment is done above us, we have no idea what the final landscape will look like. Media contracts aren't up for negotiations until 2025 in several of the concerned conferences.

  8. #863
    ULGrad@HOU is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: AAC Focused on ...

    Count me on the side of not wanting La. Tech in the same conference. I could care less about them. USM and Marshall are fine. Stop there.


  9. #864
    shof's Avatar shof is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: AAC Focused on ...

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun309 View Post
    Be careful Jay. You can provide all kinds of facts and details of your position, only to be accused of being hateful.

    BTW, I completely agree with your position.
    I think people are just trying to see how many times they can get Jay to say “stop the Liberty” talk. LOL

  10. #865
    Jacob81 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: AAC Focused on ...

    2 from cusa would put both conferences at 12 members. Marshall is #1 choice. Utsa would be 2 as a tx state travel partner. If Utsa goes mwc. Then rice for same reason or Charlotte to east with Marshall and move Troy to the west.

    Dream scenario
    Marshall, Utsa, rice, and Charlotte and give Cusa tx state and ULM. If Utsa goes mwc then add usm


  11. #866
    Jacob81 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: AAC Focused on ...

    Or like I said weeks ago. Blow them both up and Regionalize.

    Utsa unt rice Tx st utep
    ULM la tech UL ark state
    Usm troy USA

    Wku mtsu Marshall app
    Coastal Charlotte odu
    Fau fiu gsou GSU uab

    Only problem with this is sunbelts better than cusa right now. So sunbelt would be swallowing their pride.


  12. #867

    Default Re: AAC Focused on ...

    Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    Interestingly enough, the American Psychiatrists Association, the American Psychological Association, and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, among many others, all disagree with you.

    But then, these are just experts in the field so....
    XX and XY…that’s it.

  13. #868

    Default Re: AAC Focused on ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    XX and XY…that’s it.
    I don’t want to go any further with this probably beating myself up but I will just say you are confounding sex and gender.

    Also how would you classify XXY and various other genetic permutations?

  14. #869

    Default Re: AAC Focused on ...

    Quote Originally Posted by covcaj View Post
    I don’t want to go any further with this probably beating myself up but I will just say you are confounding sex and gender.

    Also how would you classify XXY and various other genetic permutations?
    As extremely extremely rare genetic permutations. That is not some random Jr. High kid lost within their own sexual identity…which is totally normal.

  15. #870

    Default Re: AAC Focused on ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    2 from cusa would put both conferences at 12 members. Marshall is #1 choice. Utsa would be 2 as a tx state travel partner. If Utsa goes mwc. Then rice for same reason or Charlotte to east with Marshall and move Troy to the west.

    Dream scenario
    Marshall, Utsa, rice, and Charlotte and give Cusa tx state and ULM. If Utsa goes mwc then add usm
    Not if you are replacing non football playing programs in UTA and UALR. If you are adding two, that simply replaces them and it remains at 10 members. So that would mean we add 4 programs.

Page 58 of 112 FirstFirst ... 48 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 68 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Tulane just got a lot more focused
    By Hudsheen#Fired in forum Just Ragin
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: August 19th, 2012, 09:03 pm
  2. Focused on the future
    By NewsCopy in forum FOOTBALL
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 10th, 2012, 02:59 am
  3. Manuel focused
    By NewsCopy in forum TrackFieldXC
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 12th, 2012, 03:31 am
  4. Cajuns focused on getting win No. 9
    By NewsCopy in forum FOOTBALL
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: November 26th, 2011, 12:43 pm
  5. ASU has Cajuns focused
    By NewsCopy in forum FOOTBALL
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 9th, 2010, 03:25 am

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •