Page 50 of 112 FirstFirst ... 40 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 60 ... LastLast

Thread: AAC Focused on ...

Default Re: AAC Focused on ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbeaux View Post
    Genesis clearly stated this is a Land of Confusion anyway
    …..Oh Lord…..is this just beginningWith Genesis?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    The SBC commissioner said he would be proactive in expansion. Here is a pro-active suggestion. Go after a select # of CUSA schools that will make the Sun Belt the strongest G5 conference regardless of what the ACC and MWC do.

West - Louisiana, S. Miss, S. Alabama, Rice, TX State, UTSA, Ark State, ULM

East - App State, Marshall, Coastal, UAB, GA State, GA Southern, Troy, Liberty
    If you go to 16 that would be a good conference….problem is 16 is to big…. 12 is probably the largest you want to go. G5 schools need OOC games against near peer opponents to reflect dominance… also 1 P5 match up that is winnable…. If the conference would higher an analyst and put together P5 match up suggestions that are winnable to conference schools based off of match ups and schemes, we could be in appearance an even better conference…. For example UL don’t schedule Ole Miss, but schedule Arkansas instead…. Both teams run the ball first, ToP will be important, the game should be close because skill and scheme wise we would match up well…by the end of the game it should be a one possession game either way because the clock would run a lot…Everyone is about analytics these days, why can’t the conference be analytical and help the ADs try to schedule? Just food for thought.

Rice? Really? If good academics matter than bad academics should, too.

I have no issue with Liberty because they are a religious institution. I have a problem with the way Jerry Falwell went about being famous. When a religious leader makes a living pointing fingers at sinners, it's usually to take the spotlight after his own shortcomings. Falwell Jr's issues have been well recently documented. And, their AD was the AD at Baylor when all the ____ hit the fan.

I don't care about religion. But I care about honesty and integrity. And, THAT is what's going to keep Liberty out of a conference this time around and perhaps more.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun309 View Post
    The link I provided shows the amount of federal aid to Liberty students. In case you canít open the link: Government student aid. In 2017, Liberty students collectively received more than $772 million in aid from the US Department of Education, almost $100 million as Pell grants and the rest as federal student loans. This makes Liberty the nationís sixth largest university recipient of federal aid. Also important to Libertyís revenue stream are its enrolled veterans who secured $42 million in 2016 in grants and loans from the US Department of Veterans Affairs.

According to my brief internet looking Notre Dame students receive about 55% of their funding through secondary funding. Here is a copy paste: In the 2016-2017 academic year, full-time freshman students of University of Notre Dame were awarded a total amount of $42,649,698 in grant and $2,757,993 in federal student loans. 56% of freshman students received some type of financial aid either in the form of grant or scholarship from the federal, state or local government and the institution. 30% of the freshman students received federal student loan.

So 30% of freshmen for Notre Dame vs way more for Liberty.

Yes, on to realignment for UL, thank God you arenít part of the team advising our university!! Lol

Amen to the Constitution! Every day I put my Army uniform on I put a pocket Constitution in my left front pocket. Last note, Iíve tried to provide facts and links and have not accused anyone of intolerance, in fact I was the one accused of being hateful.
    Appreciate your service, but disagree with your opinion. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Rice? Really? If good academics matter than bad academics should, too.

I have no issue with Liberty because they are a religious institution. I have a problem with the way Jerry Falwell went about being famous. When a religious leader makes a living pointing fingers at sinners, it's usually to take the spotlight after his own shortcomings. Falwell Jr's issues have been well recently documented. And, their AD was the AD at Baylor when all the ____ hit the fan.

I don't care about religion. But I care about honesty and integrity. And, THAT is what's going to keep Liberty out of a conference this time around and perhaps more.
    Falwell is dead and Jr. is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Falwell is dead and Jr. is gone.
    And if cheating is a criteria for exclusion, then cross off SMU and Baylor from ever being discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    And if cheating is a criteria for exclusion, then cross off SMU and Baylor from ever being discussed.
    We should never want to be in a conference with Penn State either. They covered up child rape for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    We should never want to be in a conference with Penn State either. They covered up child rape for years.
    I forgot about Pedo U.

I doubt my alma mater would want to be associated with Louisiana anyway.

Did they play “Sweet Caroline” last night? Thought they dropped it when all the pedo stuff came up.

Penn State seems to be “forgiven”, Baylor, Liberty and the rest deserve the same it seems. Especially Liberty…didn’t involve children or murder.

Getting back on topic, the SBC should be very judicious about adding teams. No teams are out there that add value to the television contract. 16 isn’t necessary unless you want to give up a sizable chunk of your take of the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Did they play “Sweet Caroline” last night? Thought they dropped it when all the pedo stuff came up.

Penn State seems to be “forgiven”, Baylor, Liberty and the rest deserve the same it seems. Especially Liberty…didn’t involve children or murder.

Getting back on topic, the SBC should be very judicious about adding teams. No teams are out there that add value to the television contract. 16 isn’t necessary unless you want to give up a sizable chunk of your take of the contract.
    That depends upon who is willing to jump ship to the SBC. If it's programs that are currently winning, I would be willing to add four to six. When you look at the SBC's performance on the field yesterday, half the conference is hot garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    That depends upon who is willing to jump ship to the SBC. If it's programs that are currently winning, I would be willing to add four to six. When you look at the SBC's performance on the field yesterday, half the conference is hot garbage.
    So you believe adding teams to the Sunbelt will increase revenue enough to make the revenue distribution by team more than we receive now or at least equal to it?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    So you believe adding teams to the Sunbelt will increase revenue enough to make the revenue distribution by team more than we receive now or at least equal to it?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    You have an increases in revenue not only for TV but ticket sales from visiting fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    You have an increases in revenue not only for TV but ticket sales from visiting fans.
    Drop in the bucket....

Page 50 of 112 FirstFirst ... 40 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 60 ... LastLast

Thread Information