Page 40 of 68 FirstFirst ... 30 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 50 ... LastLast

Thread: AAC Focused on ...

Default Re: AAC Focused on ...

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    James Madison University invested heavily in new athletic facilities throughout the tenure of President Linwood Rose. JMU built a new multimillion-dollar baseball and softball field complex that opened in 2010. Additionally, after the last football game of 2009, the university began an expansion of Bridgeforth Stadium that increased seating capacity to approximately 25,000. Construction was completed in time for the 2011 football season.[68]

In 2020, the annual athletic fee for each student was $2,340, which finances three-quarters of Athletic Department revenues.[69]
    Yes sir, I have a niece attending JMU.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    40? Our biggest crowd in a decade is what? 25 or 30?
    North Texas in 2011 was 32,000.

They putting up the AAC logos already

https://twitter.com/russeisenstein/s...737318408?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    If we don’t spend the money the stadium will be condemned.
    …..see that point you make should be brought to the legislature……give us some bucks to fix it….I’ve posted before about the race track money that stopped upon the completion of it and should have continued for upkeep! Hell, at least try!

Man, what test line are you using...lol.

Lol I guess they are getting rid of the pinwheels logo

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    …..see that point you make should be brought to the legislature……give us some bucks to fix it….I’ve posted before about the race track money that stopped upon the completion of it and should have continued for upkeep! Hell, at least try!
    Please stop, as much as I love this university, I do not want tax dollars paying for athletics. This state and country DO NOT know how to stop spending money. The only bright side is I do not have kids that will have to pay for all of this out-of-control spending. I will be dead by the time the bill comes due and you will be long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by MDMullet8 View Post
    Lol I guess they are getting rid of the pinwheels logo
    Yes. SBC logo for TV.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Yes sir, I have a niece attending JMU.
    Is the annual student athletic fee really $2,340? I think that would receive justifiable pushback and displeasure from those paying for college tuition, even if we could do it without a student body vote like the rest of the universities in the country.

Athletic Fee at UTSA is $240 per semester, so $480 annual. If we factor in 15,000 students (I believe C4L cited a number like that here recently), that's an additional $7.2 Million per year for our athletic budget.

There would still be people complaining. People always complain, but at least it would be in line with what our peers are doing. I couldn't imagine $2k per year for that single line item, though.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Please stop, as much as I love this university, I do not want tax dollars paying for athletics. This state and country DO NOT know how to stop spending money. The only bright side is I do not have kids that will have to pay for all of this out-of-control spending. I will be dead by the time the bill comes due and you will be long gone.
    Saw this on the AAC Timeline Realignment CSNBBS board:

If we are not able to add any programs from or merge with the MWC, we should add App, Marshall, UAB and Louisiana (who has more upside than La Tech).

Part of that upside is a renovated football stadium. We already seat over 41,000. If we are planning for growth of the university, of our football program, and a higher level conference, renovate to 40,000. Don't plan based on the past or status quo. Keeping the grassy endzone day care center is an accident waiting to happen and a liability we don't need. Bowling the stadium will be the least expensive way to do that, plus the new upper deck. Build an impressive facility that will take care of us for years to come, will allow us to host games that we might otherwise not be able to do and will give us the look and perception of a big time stadium for our fans and the rest of the country. Why can't we fill a 40,000 seat stadium just because we haven't in the past? We haven't had a perennial Top 25 team in the past either. If it can be done at places like ECU, Fresno State, Colorado State, UCF, Cincinnati and Houston, it can be done at LOUISIANA. Have a vision for our future. We are building a program. Build a stadium to go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Saw this on the AAC Timeline Realignment CSNBBS board:

If we are not able to add any programs from or merge with the MWC, we should add App, Marshall, UAB and Louisiana (who has more upside than La Tech).

Part of that upside is a renovated football stadium. We already seat over 41,000. If we are planning for growth of the university, of our football program, and a higher level conference, renovate to 40,000. Don't plan based on the past or status quo. Keeping the grassy endzone day care center is an accident waiting to happen and a liability we don't need. Bowling the stadium will be the least expensive way to do that, plus the new upper deck. Build an impressive facility that will take care of us for years to come, will allow us to host games that we might otherwise not be able to do and will give us the look and perception of a big time stadium for our fans and the rest of the country. Why can't we fill a 40,000 seat stadium just because we haven't in the past? We haven't had a perennial Top 25 team in the past either. If it can be done at places like ECU, Fresno State, Colorado State, UCF, Cincinnati and Houston, it can be done at LOUISIANA. Have a vision for our future. We are building a program. Build a stadium to go with it.
    While I don't look at what fans want or project in conference realignment, I agree with your post. You build the best renovation you can at this time because no one knows what the future will look like when it comes to finances.

We have the right leadership in place and vision, now is the time to get it done while Dr. Maggard is in charge.

Good article on AAC prospects by Chris Vannini on The Athletic website this morning. Can't post it here since behind a paywall. He states, if just a football decision then App St., Louisiana, UAB, and Marshall are most intriguing candidates due to strong football commitment and success over the past several years. But since the presidents make the decisions and they also value academics don't count out Rice. FAU & USM could be players as well. Many others were mentioned. No decisions are imminent. That's my take away from the article.

13. Default Re: AAC Focused on ...

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    Good article on AAC prospects by Chris Vannini on The Athletic website this morning. Can't post it here since behind a paywall. He states, if just a football decision then App St., Louisiana, UAB, and Marshall are most intriguing candidates due to strong football commitment and success over the past several years. But since the presidents make the decisions and they also value academics don't count out Rice. FAU & USM could be players as well. Many others were mentioned. No decisions are imminent. That's my take away from the article.
    Vannini article was really good. Highly recommend. It is very much in line with what we’ve been discussing for the last 2 weeks here.

Also, on the stadium. The day the doors open, 40k will show up. I’m not saying you’ll expect that every week (maybe you will.)
    But for a brief time, it will be a hot ticket. If we can keep their interest, might bode well for the future.

Lafayette gunna Lafayette.

Just read an article on Footballscoop.com, says AAC will be targeting UAB,Boise, Air Force,Colorado St and San Deigo St..............no mention of any SBC members

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...mpression=true

If this is true I want nothing to do with this disaster

Page 40 of 68 FirstFirst ... 30 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 50 ... LastLast

Thread Information