Page 9 of 69 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 ... LastLast

Thread: AAC Focused on ...

Default Re: AAC Focused on ...

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    If I were the UL AD, I'd be walking into the AAC corporate office with Edie's, Billy's, and Meche's once a week. Works in O&G.

Ok, I stole that plan off of a napkin in a Corner Bar booth.
    I truly belive Maggard has done everything humanly possible to put us in the best position possible.

Duggie35's Avatar Duggie35 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

IF the AAC expands and and UL remains in the Sun Belt, I truly believe it will be because Dr. Maggard and Dr. Savoie will have fully evaluated the situation and know that it would be in UL's best interest to remain in the Sun Belt in the long run, both financially and competitively OR they will have done everything humanly possible to get UL into the AAC but things did not go our way.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    If for some reason the AAC added Rice, UAB, Georgia State, and ODU.

would yall feel left behind?
    would the new AAC look better in football than the Sun Belt to yall?
    would yall feel better if USM or Marshall replaced GSU? or even UTSA, USM and Marshall all jump to Sun Belt to go to 12 teams?
    If that's how it shakes out, I would prefer stay in the Belt.

If AAC adds App State, Coastal, UAB, and ODU. I'd feel left behind.

This. Which is why I think "AAC or bust" isn't necessarily accurate.

5. Default Re: AAC Focused on ...

The super conference isn’t being talked about by those who makes the decisions. It’s just fans and pundits. There’s really no reason to even hold out hope.

Honestly, we should probably not be bashing the AAC in any way (or it’s Commish) while our AD and Pres are actively lobbying for UL to get into the conference. Not exactly a productive exercise at this moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    The super conference isn’t being talked about by those who makes the decisions. It’s just fans and pundits. There’s really no reason to even hold out hope.

Honestly, we should probably not be bashing the AAC in any way (or it’s Commish) while our AD and Pres are actively lobbying for UL to get into the conference. Not exactly a productive exercise at this moment.
    Wait....you....Mr. No Filter is making a suggestion to play nice?

I guess by your way of thinking, Commissioner Gill is about to have us kicked out of the league. Because....raginpagin

7. Default Re: AAC Focused on ...

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Wait....you....Mr. No Filter is making a suggestion to play nice?

I guess by your way of thinking, Commissioner Gill is about to have us kicked out of the league. Because....raginpagin
    Well, I don’t represent the university in an official capacity. We’ve also never been on the brink of a move like this. So yea, in this instance, we need to play nice.

And I wasn’t directing that comment at you.

HOUCajun's Avatar HOUCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

I think I saw Mike Aresco on here yesterday.

9. Default Re: AAC Focused on ...

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    I think I saw Mike Aresco on here yesterday.
    Laugh it up. I don’t post these things for no reason.

+1

I agree with this.

11. Default Re: AAC Focused on ...

Don't forget to forget to do two key exercises when evaluating a conference.

1) Take Louisiana out of both when evaluating.

2) Include Louisiana in both.

The mistake some make is evaluating the other conference without Louisiana, and comparing it to status quo.

The correct move for the AAC to make is to go big(14 or 16) and eliminate any threats from CUSA or SBC. If they do this, we will be in that league.

If they don't do this, as long as they don't take any SBC schools, the SBC will continue to rise. Got no problem with that.

What would be a huge problem for us is if they take App and Coastal, but not us.

So, if the new AAC contract is worth half of what it presently is today, that still is $4M more than the current SBC media contract. If they end up adding more than 3 including Louisiana and it looks something like this, how is that still not better than the SBC?

SMU
    Navy
    ECU
    Temple
    Tulane
    South Florida
    UAB
    Louisiana
    UTSA
    Georgia State
    Tulsa (Gone MBB is their concern)

I'm not saying this would be the final schools, but I'm just using it as an example. Many things could change when it's all said and done. But outside of Coastal, App St., Georgia Southern and possibly Arkansas St, what other programs bring consistently good football to the table?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    The correct move for the AAC to make is to go big(14 or 16) and eliminate any threats from CUSA or SBC. If they do this, we will be in that league.

If they don't do this, as long as they don't take any SBC schools, the SBC will continue to rise. Got no problem with that.

What would be a huge problem for us is if they take App and Coastal, but not us.
    If Aresco gets that accomplished with guarantees from ESPN and Fox Sports, I don't think his intellect will be discussed by some administrator still sitting in the SBC.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I'm not saying this would be the final schools, but I'm just using it as an example. Many things could change when it's all said and done. But outside of Coastal, App St., Georgia Southern and possibly Arkansas St, what other programs bring consistently good football to the table?
    LaTech, and that is what concerns me the most. Excellent football and solid baseball/basketball. Not only have they shared a conference with SMU and Tulsa in the past, they have new facilities across the board. I don’t see 3 Louisiana schools in the new AAC and I’m worried Tulane will view us as more of a threat being we share the southern half of the State. This…is a worst case scenario!

Page 9 of 69 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information