Page 69 of 112 FirstFirst ... 59 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1674

Thread: AAC Focused on ...

Default Re: AAC Focused on ...

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Yeah, that is rare, under 65. My first 2 years in high school were in DeRidder, and I have many friends who attended McNeese, but they all pull for the school to the east.
    Got a lot of family who live in Ragley.. I don't think I've ever seen anything but Tigha flags up there

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    Got a lot of family who live in Ragley.. I don't think I've ever seen anything but Tigha flags up there
    ….my wife is a Singer Hornet lady and The place is a lot different from the 6th ward in NO! The family did move Up north to DeRidder later!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ….my wife is a Singer Hornet lady and The place is a lot different from the 6th ward in NO! The family did move Up north to DeRidder later!
    They all went to South Beauregard

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    There is no inherent problem "using" South.

Find a usage that indicates location.

Avoid a usage that indicates possession.
    How does possession even come into play when referencing a conference? Is wokeism alive at UL? I sure hope not. This is totally ridiculous.

5. Default Re: AAC Focused on ...

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    How does possession even come into play when referencing a conference? Is wokeism alive at UL? I sure hope not. This is totally ridiculous.
    "Song of the South" was controversial long before wokeness.

You have to be able to hear what others hear when you come up with a name.

"Song of the South" was controversial long before wokeness.

You have to be able to hear what others hear when you come up with a name.
    You can hear anything you want to in any name. Giving into this ridiculous wokeism is killing our country and we can thank Obama and Biden for that. It is total BS that using South in a conference name is offensive. Southern Conference, Southern conference. They exhibit a geographical reference, not this ridiculous wokeism. The same with Conference of the South. I am proud to live in the South and not apologetic to any of these a-holes who might be offended. There is nothing offensive here.

7. Default Re: AAC Focused on ...

You can hear anything you want to in any name. Giving into this ridiculous wokeism is killing our country and we can thank Obama and Biden for that. It is total BS that using South in a conference name is offensive. Southern Conference, Southern conference. They exhibit a geographical reference, not this ridiculous wokeism. The same with Conference of the South. I am proud to live in the South and not apologetic to any of these a-holes who might be offended. There is nothing offensive here.
    How many times do I have to say it YOU CAN use South in a name.

It is the ORDER of the words.

Why do you think there was objection to University OF Louisiana?

No one will be passionate enough to defend Conference OF the South.

This has nothing to do with any president.

It's a simple understanding of the English language.

Southern Athletic Conference, works.

Conference of the South, does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    My McNeese friend just texted me they are leaving Southland and coming to the belt... lmao people should not start drinking before lunch
    Yeah, saw these on the McNeese FB page. People are as delusional as Rustonians.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

We are ahead of the curve. We had Toothpick.

How many times do I have to say it YOU CAN use South in a name.

It is the ORDER of the words.

Why do you think there was objection to University OF Louisiana?

No one will be passionate enough to defend Conference OF the South.

This has nothing to do with any president.

It's a simple understanding of the English language.

Southern Athletic Conference, works.

Conference of the South, does not.
    I don't care if you or anyone like the name or not. It was only a suggestion to get the conversation going. Who cares if it is OF or not? If you think Conference OF the South makes it unacceptable, that is total woke BS. But you are certainly allowed to think what you want.

And University OF Louisiana had nothing to do with acceptability. It had everything to do with the exclusion of "at Lafayette".

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I never believed we are a lock, but I felt that if the AAC moves to 16 UL would be in the discussion. I do believe Dr. Maggard is doing his due diligence to provide Dr. Savoie with guidance. But much like Aresco, Dr. Maggard works under the parameters of his president. Aresco works for the members of the AAc. He doesn't make decisions unilaterally without approval.
    m

I don’t remember you ever saying we were a lock. In fact, I think you and I have pretty much agreed on their circumstances regarding realignment.

I think we were both in agreement that Aresco and Maggard would in no way show their cards and make their comments available for public consumption.

I think pretty much at this point all of us have wishes and hopes.

Do I think going to the AAC would benefit the athletic program? Sure.

But I think it’s been established that the contract the AAC has would take a substantial hit, I think that would be magnified by adding an additional four teams.

And with that in mind, I would hate to be part of a western expansion that we paid millions of dollars to be a part of, only to have travel expenses out to San Diego, Boise, and Colorado twice.

I would see those four schools being part and parcel of a cross country realignment, but I just don’t know if they would do that.

Which brings us to a more eastern realignment involving UAB and Texas San Antonio. Would the additional Two teams include us? Again I don’t know.

I think a perfect scenario would be a substantial we organization of the sun belt where in UAB, UTSA, southern miss, yes and even Louisiana tech would both add solid schools plus a certain amount of regionalism.

Though this might offend the eastern schools who want a Marshall instead of a Louisiana Tech.

12. Default Re: AAC Focused on ...

... And University OF Louisiana had nothing to do with acceptability. It had everything to do with the exclusion of "at Lafayette".
    Selective memory at its best, because "at Lafayette" was the final solution that made "OF Louisiana" palatable to the 'worried' in this State.

Selective memory at its best, because "at Lafayette" was the final solution that made "OF Louisiana" palatable to the 'worried' in this State.
    And I’m quite sure the “worried” are now saying ‘you see, you see, you see, we told you so’

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    m

I donít remember you ever saying we were a walk. In fact, I think you and I have pretty much agreed on their circumstances regarding realignment.

I think we were both in agreement that Aresco and Maggard wouldnít no way show their cards and make their comments available for public consumption.

But I think itís been established that the contract the ASC has would take a substantial hit, I hate that would be magnified by adding an additional four teams.

And with that in mind, I would hate to be part of a western expansion that we paid millions of dollars to be a part of, only to have travel expenses out to San Diego, Boise, and Colorado twice.

I would see those four schools being part and parcel of a cross country realignment, but I just donít know if they would do that.

Which brings us to a more eastern realignment involving UAB and Texas San Antonio. Would the additional Two teams include us? Again I donít know.

I think a perfect scenario would be a substantial we organization of the sun belt where in UAB, UTSA, southern miss, yes and even Louisiana tech would both solid schools plus a certain amount of regionalism.

Though this might offend the eastern schools who want a Marshall instead of a Louisiana Tech.
    why are you trying to add tech, when they dont even want to be here ? let them stay where they at

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    m

I donít remember you ever saying we were a walk. In fact, I think you and I have pretty much agreed on their circumstances regarding realignment.

I think we were both in agreement that Aresco and Maggard wouldnít no way show their cards and make their comments available for public consumption.

But I think itís been established that the contract the ASC has would take a substantial hit, I hate that would be magnified by adding an additional four teams.

I would see those four schools being part and parcel of a cross country realignment, but I just donít know if they would do that.

Which brings us to a more eastern realignment involving UAB and Texas San Antonio. Would the additional Two teams include us? Again I donít know.

I think a perfect scenario would be a substantial we organization of the sun belt where in UAB, UTSA, southern miss, yes and even Louisiana tech would both solid schools plus a certain amount of regionalism.

Marshall is a solid Football and Basketball school ... Tech has not been to the tournament since the cold War

Page 69 of 112 FirstFirst ... 59 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 79 ... LastLast

Thread Information