Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Thread: AAC Focused on ...

1. Default Re: AAC Focused on ...

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Since we lost yesterday I would be surprised if we get 22k into the game against nicholls
    Half of your prediction is on Nicholls excitement level, (about equal to the average Sunbelt opponent.) The other half of your prediction is on coming home with a loss.

You are probably close to correct on the final #

2. Default Re: AAC Focused on ...

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    ...“We haven’t been looking at this point,” Aresco said. “If teams are interested in us, we’ll talk about it.”
    This prerequisite would nullify Maggard's stated plan of action.

Proactive always works best.

The little boy on the edge of the dance floor hoping a girl comes ask him to dance has never got him to the big dance.

fanof71 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: AAC Focused on ...

What's said to the press is always the complete opposite of what is actually happening in the real world conversations

4. Default Re: AAC Focused on ...

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    What's said to the press is always the complete opposite of what is actually happening in the real world conversations
    I'm gun shy.

Regardless of the poor outcome, I've seen what happened when Tech openly and outwardly declared they were doing everything in their power (including lying about future budgets) everything to get into a new conference.

Then the contrast of UL quietly sending a power point presentation that sat on the bottom of a stack on who knows whose desk.

I don't think quietly sitting on the dancefloor's edge works.

Not my point Turbine..
    We will never see the sausage being made nor what goes into the sausage or when it's being made...we are just given the final product...smoked or original..

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    This prerequisite would nullify Maggard's stated plan of action.

Proactive always works best.

The little boy on the edge of the dance floor hoping a girl comes ask him to dance has never got him to the big dance.
    “ we haven’t been looking at this point…”

It was said early on in this thread that UAB was choice number one, we were choice number two, and everybody else fell in line behind UAB and us.

To the extent that it was said this came directly from Aresco’s mouth.

There is a distinction between us being proactive, which I’m sure we all stand behind 110%, and the commission of another conference specifically naming us as one of the two top choices.

I looked for a link for such a comment from Aresco and found the link that I provided.

It was also said early in the thread that three teams would be invited within 10 days.

I’m hoping Monday the 13th we hear good news. But I’m more than willing to realize that this could take a lot longer than 10 days if in fact it is, well, fact.

7. Default Re: AAC Focused on ...

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Not my point Turbine..
    We will never see the sausage being made nor what goes into the sausage or when it's being made...we are just given the final product...smoked or original..
    Loved the analogy.

Original please.

“We haven’t been looking at this point” could be a 100% true statement if we were told to sit back and wait. Which means we already looked.

9. Default Re: AAC Focused on ...

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    “We haven’t been looking at this point” could be a 100% true statement if we were told to sit back and wait. Which means we already looked.
    Let's run with that. At face value it certainly could make sense.

Smoked sausage please.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Let's run with that. At face value it certainly could make sense.

Smoked sausage please.
    No Sausage for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    “ we haven’t been looking at this point…”

It was said early on in this thread that UAB was choice number one, we were choice number two, and everybody else fell in line behind UAB and us.

To the extent that it was said this came directly from Aresco’s mouth.

There is a distinction between us being proactive, which I’m sure we all stand behind 110%, and the commission of another conference specifically naming us as one of the two top choices.

I looked for a link for such a comment from Aresco and found the link that I provided.

It was also said early in the thread that three teams would be invited within 10 days.

I’m hoping Monday the 13th we hear good news. But I’m more than willing to realize that this could take a lot longer than 10 days if in fact it is, well, fact.
    Monkee: where is your link? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Monkee: where is your link? Thanks
    It was in my post a little earlier, but here you go.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...xka-story.html

Remember, this is a link to the article I found on Aresco’s statement that the AAC hasnt approached anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Aresco is too intelligent to play his hand publicly. And why would he, there is no reason to burn bridges at this point. I watched his interview with Paul Finebaum and he never mentioned a word about any specific programs. From what I've heard if the AAC loses 3, we probably are out for now. If they lose more than 3 we are in the next group. Anything can change, no one knows for certain because discussions are ongoing through the back channels. I doubt very seriously someone heard that it's UAB and UL from any source I would consider in the know.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I doubt very seriously someone heard that it's UAB and UL from any source I would consider in the know.
    Uh oh!

But I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Aresco is too intelligent to play his hand publicly. And why would he, there is no reason to burn bridges at this point. I watched his interview with Paul Finebaum and he never mentioned a word about any specific programs. From what I've heard if the AAC loses 3, we probably are out for now. If they lose more than 3 we are in the next group. Anything can change, no one knows for certain because discussions are ongoing through the back channels. I doubt very seriously someone heard that it's UAB and UL from any source I would consider in the know.
    Post #16 of this thread.

And if you read the entire thread, You notice that we probably agree about this.

Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information