Page 4 of 112 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 1674

Thread: AAC Focused on ...

  1. #46

    Default Re: ACC Focused on ...

    Devils advocate here. You sure the AAC without 3 schools, would be better than the Sunbelt? The belt is getting pretty good right now, and may make its own waves. What if we just picked off like Navy and marshall or another good aac school? I dont think UL gains much by changing for the sake of change.


  2. #47

    Default Re: ACC Focused on ...

    Quote Originally Posted by AppAlum1 View Post
    Devils advocate here. You sure the AAC without 3 schools, would be better than the Sunbelt? The belt is getting pretty good right now, and may make its own waves. What if we just picked off like Navy and marshall or another good aac school? I dont think UL gains much by changing for the sake of change.
    Yep, good points. But what about the media deal? Bowl tie ins? Better…at least bigger name…match ups, that could help with attendance?

  3. Default Re: ACC Focused on ...

    For some reason aAC sounds much cooler than SUNbelt.


  4. #49

    Default Re: ACC Focused on ...

    Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Yep, good points. But what about the media deal? Bowl tie ins? Better…at least bigger name…match ups, that could help with attendance?
    Well, so far the media deal gets us these Weeknight games. I am not a fan. Id rather watch football on saturday, after a good tailgate. So lets decide based on how we can continue the best football possible, rather than on media $$. That method created the Conf USA and their train wreck.

  5. #50

    Default Re: ACC Focused on ...

    Quote Originally Posted by AppAlum1 View Post
    Devils advocate here. You sure the AAC without 3 schools, would be better than the Sunbelt? The belt is getting pretty good right now, and may make its own waves. What if we just picked off like Navy and marshall or another good aac school? I dont think UL gains much by changing for the sake of change.
    It doesn’t make sense to compare the AAC-3 vs the Sun Belt because that’s not how it’s going to play out. The AAC-3 will reload with the top C-USA and Sun Belt teams. So it will be the new version of the AAC vs. the new version of the Sun Belt. The AAC wins here and it’s not even close.

    I’ve never been right one time about conference realignment, but I suspect travel will weigh heavily on the minds of the AAC schools knowing they will be seeing a huge revenue drop. I could definitely see them taking a UL as a travel partner for Tulane, App State for ECU, UAB for Memphis, and maybe even La Tech or UTSA for SMU, and FAU/FIU for USF.

  6. #51

    Default Re: Big 12 expansion talks focused on BYU, UCF, Cincinnati, Houston: Sources

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I think we are in the que, but a lot of things have to happen. There is still a possibility that we don’t get the invite. But it won’t be because we aren’t ready.
    And that is the major change in our situation. Great job Tjoe and Maggart

  7. #52
    axg8750 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: AAC Focused on ...

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    The bottom of the AAC is just as bad as the bottom of the SBC.

    AAC is still a much better situation for our program, no matter how you look at it. TV money is more, geographic footprint is comparable, basketball league is FAR superior, football overall has better perception, baseball conference while smaller, is still of more quality than the current SBC, better bowl tie ins, and most of all, a FAR SUPERIOR conference commissioner.

    AAC or bust.
    I hope that the 10+ years Louisiana has been neglecting their basketball program does not play a factor in this decision.

  8. #53

    Default Re: AAC Focused on ...

    Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    I hope that the 10+ years Louisiana has been neglecting their basketball program does not play a factor in this decision.
    Luckily basketball is only 20% of the pie

  9. #54

    Default Re: Big 12 expansion talks focused on BYU, UCF, Cincinnati, Houston: Sources

    Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I miss things just like everyone else. Situations are fluid. This is something we’ve been working in for 5 years, and it’s something we’ve been talking about here for longer than that. Positioning ourselves ahead of 2025 TV contracts. Several people have been plugged into this.

    As it stands right now, we are waiting in the lobby about to board the elevator.

    We’ll do an episode on this and I’ll explain my stance more.
    👍🏻

  10. #55

    Default Re: AAC Focused on ...

    I am going to chime in !! I think if we get the American Invite people will respond you would see attendance double if we getting 15k a game we going to be getting 30k, if we getting 1500 for baseball we will be getting 3k. Double the attendance double the money !!
    SMU, Tulsa, UAB, Tulane, Temple, ECU, USF, Memphis

    I think this is a no brainer the fact we are going to a different conference will be looked upon as moving up.


  11. #56

    Default Re: AAC Focused on ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    I am going to chime in !! I think if we get the American Invite people will respond you would see attendance double if we getting 15k a game we going to be getting 30k, if we getting 1500 for baseball we will be getting 3k. Double the attendance double the money !!
    SMU, Tulsa, UAB, Tulane, Temple, ECU, USF, Memphis

    I think this is a no brainer the fact we are going to a different conference will be looked upon as moving up.
    We have gotten 30K maybe 3 times for football and one of those was Alabama.

    We regularly get 4500 for baseball. If we only get 3K that will be a huge drop.

  12. Default Re: AAC Focused on ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post

    I think this is a no brainer the fact we are going to a different conference will be looked upon as moving up.
    100% correct.

  13. #58

    Default Re: AAC Focused on ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    100% correct.
    Until an invite happens I am of the mind set to just dominate our league.

  14. #59

    Default Re: AAC Focused on ...

    Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    We have gotten 30K maybe 3 times for football and one of those was Alabama.

    We regularly get 4500 for baseball. If we only get 3K that will be a huge drop.
    Since we lost yesterday I would be surprised if we get 22k into the game against nicholls

  15. #60

    Default Re: AAC Focused on ...

    Aresco from a few days ago:

    Aresco has denied reports that the AAC and ESPN colluded in an effort to bring over Big 12 teams. He went on to say that the league isn’t actively trying to recruit new members at this time.

    “We haven’t been looking at this point,” Aresco said. “If teams are interested in us, we’ll talk about it.”

    https://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...xka-story.html

    I hope this happens just as much as the next person, but I can’t imagine that Aresco would be happy that things said behind closed doors and in confidence would be leaked.


Page 4 of 112 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Tulane just got a lot more focused
    By Hudsheen#Fired in forum Just Ragin
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: August 19th, 2012, 09:03 pm
  2. Focused on the future
    By NewsCopy in forum FOOTBALL
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 10th, 2012, 02:59 am
  3. Manuel focused
    By NewsCopy in forum TrackFieldXC
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 12th, 2012, 03:31 am
  4. Cajuns focused on getting win No. 9
    By NewsCopy in forum FOOTBALL
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: November 26th, 2011, 12:43 pm
  5. ASU has Cajuns focused
    By NewsCopy in forum FOOTBALL
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 9th, 2010, 03:25 am

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •