Page 40 of 68 FirstFirst ... 30 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 50 ... LastLast

Thread: AAC Focused on ...

Default Re: AAC Focused on ...

Good article on AAC prospects by Chris Vannini on The Athletic website this morning. Can't post it here since behind a paywall. He states, if just a football decision then App St., Louisiana, UAB, and Marshall are most intriguing candidates due to strong football commitment and success over the past several years. But since the presidents make the decisions and they also value academics don't count out Rice. FAU & USM could be players as well. Many others were mentioned. No decisions are imminent. That's my take away from the article.

2. Default Re: AAC Focused on ...

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    Good article on AAC prospects by Chris Vannini on The Athletic website this morning. Can't post it here since behind a paywall. He states, if just a football decision then App St., Louisiana, UAB, and Marshall are most intriguing candidates due to strong football commitment and success over the past several years. But since the presidents make the decisions and they also value academics don't count out Rice. FAU & USM could be players as well. Many others were mentioned. No decisions are imminent. That's my take away from the article.
    Vannini article was really good. Highly recommend. It is very much in line with what we’ve been discussing for the last 2 weeks here.

Also, on the stadium. The day the doors open, 40k will show up. I’m not saying you’ll expect that every week (maybe you will.)
    But for a brief time, it will be a hot ticket. If we can keep their interest, might bode well for the future.

Lafayette gunna Lafayette.

Just read an article on Footballscoop.com, says AAC will be targeting UAB,Boise, Air Force,Colorado St and San Deigo St..............no mention of any SBC members

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...mpression=true

If this is true I want nothing to do with this disaster

Looks like we are stuck in SBC for good, they mention UTSA and Army before us, WOW

Quote Originally Posted by Peek a boo View Post
    Looks like we are stuck in SBC for good, they mention UTSA and Army before us, WOW
    With that travel cost I would take the SBC all day.. Its 2,600 miles for ECU to send it volleyball team to SDST

If no one else will have us, then we need to beat everybody else regardless of where we’re at. SBC is still on an upward trajectory and I believe we’ll be ahead of the AAC eventually.

With all the closed doors conversations being had all we have to go on is speculation...im just hoping for the best.. at least we have capable leaders trying their hardest..

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherHebert View Post
    If no one else will have us, then we need to beat everybody else regardless of where we’re at. SBC is still on an upward trajectory and I believe we’ll be ahead of the AAC eventually.
    Add a few regional rivals with strong athletic commitment it will be #1. This new AAC is the WAC 2.0

We're staying in the SBC bc no one wants us. JMU to Cajunfield is going to be sweeet.

My projection: If the AAC can get two western schools, they will add UAB and UTSA.

If not, they will add UAB, UTSA, FAU and ???

I'm not sure the Sun Belt gets touched. SBC could then add Marshall and USM if they desired.

But who knows when we'll find out. It may not be for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Peek a boo View Post
    Just read an article on Footballscoop.com, says AAC will be targeting UAB,Boise, Air Force,Colorado St and San Deigo St..............no mention of any SBC members
    0% chance

If anything, the MWC will be adding a few AAC schools.

If we end up staying in the Belt, the best case would be to add a few schools (Marshall, USM...and heck, see if we can get LT and Rice). At that point, they could classify it as a "merger" and rename the conference. Then...no more FCS callups. Zero.

This is all fine and dandy, but the PAC 12 will eventually pull the trigger and add someone. That is where all this gets ugly. Someone is going to move up and end up with buyer’s remorse.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    ....SBC could then add Marshall and USM if they desired...
    If that plays out, throw in Rice and ODU/Liberty, and you've got a deal.

Page 40 of 68 FirstFirst ... 30 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 50 ... LastLast

Thread Information