Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: AAC Focused on ...

Grantvb's Avatar Grantvb is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Big 12 expansion talks focused on BYU, UCF, Cincinnati, Houston: Sources

I've learned not to doubt MAT....

2. Default Re: Big 12 expansion talks focused on BYU, UCF, Cincinnati, Houston: Sources

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    I miss things just like everyone else. Situations are fluid. This is something we’ve been working in for 5 years, and it’s something we’ve been talking about here for longer than that. Positioning ourselves ahead of 2025 TV contracts. Several people have been plugged into this.

As it stands right now, we are waiting in the lobby about to board the elevator.

We’ll do an episode on this and I’ll explain my stance more.

Default Re: Big 12 expansion talks focused on BYU, UCF, Cincinnati, Houston: Sources

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I miss things just like everyone else. Situations are fluid. This is something we’ve been working in for 5 years, and it’s something we’ve been talking about here for longer than that. Positioning ourselves ahead of 2025 TV contracts. Several people have been plugged into this.

As it stands right now, we are waiting in the lobby about to board the elevator.

I think we are in the que, but a lot of things have to happen. There is still a possibility that we don’t get the invite. But it won’t be because we aren’t ready.

I dug deeper into the AAC in Olympic sports and baseball and softball aren’t very good…. Their basketball is top notch and the football aspect is pretty good, but the bottom half of the football league is no better than the SBC…. To be honest if they offer more money on the payout I would be all in to a move….As for the start of their football year has not been a good one with Tulsa losing to an FCS school, App state hammering ECU, and USF getting skunked at NC state…. I really hope if we would go to the AAC that the conference would add 4 teams to get to 12……At the end of the day football is king and to be honest top to bottom I think the SBC is better right now, but as for money payout the AAC is better. We have some tough decisions to make if we are invited to the ball.

Well, I can’t say that this doesn’t make me happy, because it does. Cautious but hopeful.

But I will also say this, and believe it with all my heart: if we don’t make it this round, it is not from not giving it everything that we’ve got. Think about where we’ve come from in the last 10-15 years:

1. Dr. Savoie hired in 2008. Still early, but he is destined to be one of our best presidents. From the ‘simple’ things like making our physical campus go from ok to outstanding, to making tremendous strides in growing our foundation and research money, and everything in-between, he has done an outstanding job. Oh, and there’s that little thing of being full-in with our athletic programs.

2. Dr. Maggard. Hard to imagine a better guy for us. And I firmly believe that he will not quit until he takes us to the next level.

3. Coach Napier. Don’t want preach too much to the choir so I’ll just say that there will be statues of him here in the future. Even if his next gig is 50 miles to our east.

4. Coach Glasco, and all the other great hires Dr. Maggard has made.

5. Facilities. Think about the fact that we have baseball and softball facilities/attendance that are in the top 10 of the nation. Incredible. And the Cajundome is no slouch either. And now, a desperately needed renovation to Cajun Field is soon to be a reality.

6. Salaries. Perhaps the greatest sign of our admin’s commitment can make. Napier, and his entire staff are at the top of all G5’s. So, to all that say that this will all somehow go away once Napier (and most of his staff) eventually leave I say F U. No way an admin that has gone this much ‘all-in’ simply walks away in the next chapter. We will simply re-load. Heck, I bet my bottom dollar T’ Joe, Maggard and Napier are already working on that eventuality.

So, it’s just my thoughts on this whole realignment discussion going on: I honestly don’t know what more we could’ve done to position ourselves better, to fix the things that we have the ability to fix.

Just my thoughts and wanted to get it off my chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Ain't that the truth, MAT is the man with information.

7. Default Re: Big 12 expansion talks focused on BYU, UCF, Cincinnati, Houston: Sources

Quote Originally Posted by cajungmg View Post
    Plenty on this board that know more than me. I’m just dumb enough to post it. Haha

He disappoints me because he didn’t mention us going to the BIG12 lol!

fanof71 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    100% rock solid. I think you may have it this time.
    I've seen it speculated on line this AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I've seen it speculated on line this AM.
    Where? What sites? Thanks

Yup... No doubt.. between him and Cajun T I would not bet against anything they say publicly.

Weenies are only 1 vote
    Well, then we got a shot barring under the table junk. First time in the history of our university we have the entire leadership pulling in the same direction.

UAB I just see as a no brainer since they have a real med school and good athletics; they are only headed one way now...upwards.

Today’s win will only grease the skids into another conference.

fanof71 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Where? What sites? Thanks
    http://www.raginpagin.com

Default Re: ACC Focused on ...

Devils advocate here. You sure the AAC without 3 schools, would be better than the Sunbelt? The belt is getting pretty good right now, and may make its own waves. What if we just picked off like Navy and marshall or another good aac school? I dont think UL gains much by changing for the sake of change.

Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information