Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 ... LastLast

Thread: AAC Focused on ...

Default Re: AAC Focused on ...

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    If Aresco gets that accomplished with guarantees from ESPN and Fox Sports, I don't think his intellect will be discussed by some administrator still sitting in the SBC.
    UTSA/SMU
    Tulsa/Memphis
    Louisiana/Tulane
    UAB/Georgia State

South Florida/FAU
    Coastal/East Carolina
    App/Marshall
    Navy/Temple

Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    UTSA/SMU
    Tulsa/Memphis
    Louisiana/Tulane
    UAB/Georgia State

South Florida/FAU
    Coastal/East Carolina
    App/Marshall
    Navy/Temple

Just my 2 cents.
    Read post #135…I’m not sure I can handle that type of rejection again.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    LaTech, and that is what concerns me the most. Excellent football and solid baseball/basketball. Not only have they shared a conference with SMU and Tulsa in the past, they have new facilities across the board. I donít see 3 Louisiana schools in the new AAC and Iím worried Tulane will view us as more of a threat being we share the southern half of the State. ThisÖis a worst case scenario!
    Tech has done the smoke and mirrors thing with two conference changes already. Their former conference mates will not be fooled again.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    UTSA/SMU
    Tulsa/Memphis
    Louisiana/Tulane
    UAB/Georgia State

South Florida/FAU
    Coastal/East Carolina
    App/Marshall
    Navy/Temple

Just my 2 cents.
    Sign me up!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    LaTech, and that is what concerns me the most. Excellent football and solid baseball/basketball. Not only have they shared a conference with SMU and Tulsa in the past, they have new facilities across the board. I don’t see 3 Louisiana schools in the new AAC and I’m worried Tulane will view us as more of a threat being we share the southern half of the State. This…is a worst case scenario!
    In reference to the SBC? I'm asking what other programs in the SBC besides those mentioned in my post bring a consistent football product to the table?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    In reference to the SBC? I'm asking what other programs in the SBC besides those mentioned in my post bring a consistent football product to the table?
    Excuse me…I thought you were talking about G5 programs within the AAC footprint.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Wait....you....Mr. No Filter is making a suggestion to play nice?

I guess by your way of thinking, Commissioner Gill is about to have us kicked out of the league. Because....raginpagin
    Meeting of the AAC Members and their Commissioner tomorrow morning:

Aresco: "I appreciate everyone joining this morning to discuss potential additions to our conference. If everyone's had enough biscuits, boudin and donuts, we'll get started."

Cincy: "Just to be upfront with everyone, the only reason Houston, UCF and I showed up was for the breakfast. We don't give two ____s who you invite, we're off to the Big 12. But I must say, this boudin stuff sure is making me have second thoughts. I'm not just 3 hours down the road like Houston's lucky ass is."

Aresco: "We understand. Considering joining the Big 12 isn't going to solve your city's gun crime problems or give Houston any relief from his mayor and nazi judge, consider this as a gift. I'd now like to discuss my first 2 choices."

Tulane: "You know..."

Aresco: "I'm thinking that UAB and.."

Tulane: "I just wanna..."

Aresco: "Eh hem. My first two choices are UAB and..."

Tulane: "But just real qui..."

Aresco: "MY FIRST 2 choices are UAB and Louisiana."

Tulane: "I'd like to request..."

Aresco: "______ Tulane. I know. We ALL know. You don't want the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. You don't want Louisiana's Ragin Cajuns. Everyone in this room knows you're still regretting making the dumbest decision in the history of college athletics in leaving the SEC fifty-five years ago. That one ________ stupid decision on your part means no one should ever listen to any of your thoughts on conference associations. You are going to be associated with who we tell you you're going to be associated with, or you can leave and rejoin Conference USA, if they'll take your elitist attitude back. Now, again, thoughts on UAB and Louisiana...from anyone other than Tulane?"

Consensus: "We're all in on UAB. Let's discuss the Ragin Cajuns."
    ECU: "I like it. We had fun with their fans in New Orleans."
    Tulsa: "We whipped their assess in Lafayette 66-42 just 4 years ago. Ain't skeered."
    Aresco: "Should we try to work out you two last minute for an OOC game next season."
    Tulsa: "Umm...why...I...uhh..."
    Houston: "Their baseball fans were fun to host at our place in 2015. That weekend still stings, though."
    Temple: "Is it true their basketball team would be well-seasoned because it plays in one of the toughest divisions of any athletic conference?"
    South Florida: "Don't listen to the guy who said that. We know of him."
    UCF: "True that."

Memphis: "Look. I like Louisiana. They'll help add competition to football to help with these three Benedict Arnolds here leaving. We could definitely use some help in the softball department as well. But have you looked at their message board?"

Tulane: "That MAT guy seems really smart."
    Aresco: "Again, think back to that decision in 1966 you thought was really smart as well."
    Navy: "BURN! The Cajun4Life guy is military and flies. He seems pretty cool."
    SMU: "They're still pretty ____ed about being given the death penalty. We're empathetic to that."
    S FL: "Ok. But have you REALLY looked at that Ragin Pagin board? There was a thread about one poster that was 700 plus pages. 698 of those pages was just him and one other guy going back and forth!"

ECU: "You know, now that you mention it, as much as we liked all those fans in NOLA, that board gives me concern. They're TRASHING our conference in that AAC thread!"

Memphis: "That Jay Walker is such a jerk. Red Tails said he'd rather stay in the Sunbelt. And that old geezer Zeebart! Holy ____!"

Aresco: "I understand those concerns. Look, I'm monitoring that place very closely as well. But I got to tell you guys, I'm willing to put up with alot for more of these pepper jack cheese boudin balls."

Navy: "This is where Houston leaving is really screwing us. Now that we know this delicious stuff exists, and we wouldn't have to put up with that Ragin Pagin board if Houston would be able to drive three hours down the road and get us some. Sure, I guess Tulane is closer to Billy's than Houston is, but then we'd have to put up with more of their constant whining."

Tulane: "Hey! I've brought you guys boudin from New Orleans many times!"

Aresco: "You did. And before Louisiana showed up to introduce itself, I and others here thought it was good. But this stuff from Acadiana makes your boudin seem like dog food."

Navy: "I agree Louisiana would be a nice addition without that Ragin Pagin. But that thing is a wild card I'm just not 100% comfortable with right now. I'd like to monitor it more."

Tulane: (Excitement is visible)
    Tulsa: "Who wouldn't want to have a beer with Bandwagon King, though?"
    SMU: "Dude..."
    Temple: "I like Louisiana. I like the thought of what they could bring in football, baseball and softball. But I motion to accept UAB immediately, and let's currently monitor that Ragin Pagin until our meeting next month. If we don't like what we see, then we'll move on to Old Dominion and Louisiana Tech as our next moves."

Tulane: "Wait...umm..."
    Memphis: "Shut up."
    Aresco: "Can I get a second on this motion?"
    South Florida: "I'll second."
    Aresco: "All in favor, say aye."
    Consensus: "AYE!"
    Tulane: (There's still hope!! But I have to keep LA Tech away too!!!!)
    Aresco: "That settles it. I was hoping we'd get a consensus on our first two programs to invite today, but I understand those concerns about Ragin Pagin. We will re-evaluate in October. Meeting adjourned."

Cajunrunner......I live in Cypress and this literally made me LOL...

"Give Houston any relief from his mayor and nazi judge"

I don't care how long it took you to type that, it was 100% worth it.

Bruh…lol

Quote Originally Posted by CameronCajun View Post
    Cajunrunner......I live in Cypress and this literally made me LOL...

"Give Houston any relief from his mayor and nazi judge"
    You got that right!

I can not believe you would call Little Orphan Annie a Nazi Judge!! LOL

13. Default Re: AAC Focused on ...

Houston and Cincy have officially applied to the Big 12. They will be accepted within the week.

Just a matter of time now for the AAC to start backfilling..

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Meeting of the AAC Members and their Commissioner tomorrow morning:

Aresco: "I appreciate everyone joining this morning to discuss potential additions to our conference. If everyone's had enough biscuits, boudin and donuts, we'll get started."

Cincy: "Just to be upfront with everyone, the only reason Houston, UCF and I showed up was for the breakfast. We don't give two ____s who you invite, we're off to the Big 12. But I must say, this boudin stuff sure is making me have second thoughts. I'm not just 3 hours down the road like Houston's lucky ass is."

Aresco: "We understand. Considering joining the Big 12 isn't going to solve your city's gun crime problems or give Houston any relief from his mayor and nazi judge, consider this as a gift. I'd now like to discuss my first 2 choices."

Tulane: "You know..."

Aresco: "I'm thinking that UAB and.."

Tulane: "I just wanna..."

Aresco: "Eh hem. My first two choices are UAB and..."

Tulane: "But just real qui..."

Aresco: "MY FIRST 2 choices are UAB and Louisiana."

Tulane: "I'd like to request..."

Aresco: "______ Tulane. I know. We ALL know. You don't want the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. You don't want Louisiana's Ragin Cajuns. Everyone in this room knows you're still regretting making the dumbest decision in the history of college athletics in leaving the SEC fifty-five years ago. That one ________ stupid decision on your part means no one should ever listen to any of your thoughts on conference associations. You are going to be associated with who we tell you you're going to be associated with, or you can leave and rejoin Conference USA, if they'll take your elitist attitude back. Now, again, thoughts on UAB and Louisiana...from anyone other than Tulane?"

Consensus: "We're all in on UAB. Let's discuss the Ragin Cajuns."
    ECU: "I like it. We had fun with their fans in New Orleans."
    Tulsa: "We whipped their assess in Lafayette 66-42 just 4 years ago. Ain't skeered."
    Aresco: "Should we try to work out you two last minute for an OOC game next season."
    Tulsa: "Umm...why...I...uhh..."
    Houston: "Their baseball fans were fun to host at our place in 2015. That weekend still stings, though."
    Temple: "Is it true their basketball team would be well-seasoned because it plays in one of the toughest divisions of any athletic conference?"
    South Florida: "Don't listen to the guy who said that. We know of him."
    UCF: "True that."

Memphis: "Look. I like Louisiana. They'll help add competition to football to help with these three Benedict Arnolds here leaving. We could definitely use some help in the softball department as well. But have you looked at their message board?"

Tulane: "That MAT guy seems really smart."
    Aresco: "Again, think back to that decision in 1966 you thought was really smart as well."
    Navy: "BURN! The Cajun4Life guy is military and flies. He seems pretty cool."
    SMU: "They're still pretty ____ed about being given the death penalty. We're empathetic to that."
    S FL: "Ok. But have you REALLY looked at that Ragin Pagin board? There was a thread about one poster that was 700 plus pages. 698 of those pages was just him and one other guy going back and forth!"

ECU: "You know, now that you mention it, as much as we liked all those fans in NOLA, that board gives me concern. They're TRASHING our conference in that AAC thread!"

Memphis: "That Jay Walker is such a jerk. Red Tails said he'd rather stay in the Sunbelt. And that old geezer Zeebart! Holy ____!"

Aresco: "I understand those concerns. Look, I'm monitoring that place very closely as well. But I got to tell you guys, I'm willing to put up with alot for more of these pepper jack cheese boudin balls."

Navy: "This is where Houston leaving is really screwing us. Now that we know this delicious stuff exists, and we wouldn't have to put up with that Ragin Pagin board if Houston would be able to drive three hours down the road and get us some. Sure, I guess Tulane is closer to Billy's than Houston is, but then we'd have to put up with more of their constant whining."

Tulane: "Hey! I've brought you guys boudin from New Orleans many times!"

Aresco: "You did. And before Louisiana showed up to introduce itself, I and others here thought it was good. But this stuff from Acadiana makes your boudin seem like dog food."

Navy: "I agree Louisiana would be a nice addition without that Ragin Pagin. But that thing is a wild card I'm just not 100% comfortable with right now. I'd like to monitor it more."

Tulane: (Excitement is visible)
    Tulsa: "Who wouldn't want to have a beer with Bandwagon King, though?"
    SMU: "Dude..."
    Temple: "I like Louisiana. I like the thought of what they could bring in football, baseball and softball. But I motion to accept UAB immediately, and let's currently monitor that Ragin Pagin until our meeting next month. If we don't like what we see, then we'll move on to Old Dominion and Louisiana Tech as our next moves."

Tulane: "Wait...umm..."
    Memphis: "Shut up."
    Aresco: "Can I get a second on this motion?"
    South Florida: "I'll second."
    Aresco: "All in favor, say aye."
    Consensus: "AYE!"
    Tulane: (There's still hope!! But I have to keep LA Tech away too!!!!)
    Aresco: "That settles it. I was hoping we'd get a consensus on our first two programs to invite today, but I understand those concerns about Ragin Pagin. We will re-evaluate in October. Meeting adjourned."
    ®

If anyone is confused about whether a move to AAC is beneficial or not, think about it this way. From the general public's perspective, you could take any team from the AAC, have them come play at Cajun Field, and it would probably be the top 1-2 biggest home games of the year. Right? AAC is an immediate upgrade in general public hype.

Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information