Page 11 of 75 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 FB Final: Louisiana 18, Texas 38

Default Re: Ragin' Dave's Texas Longhorn Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ………..Crowd noise??? Will it be a sell out??? COVID effect in Texas???
    .........yes ........maybe ........could be

Great job, Dave! NOW, I'm ready for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ………..Crowd noise??? Will it be a sell out??? COVID effect in Texas???
    Don't know? Too early to tell????? We'll see??????

Default Re: Geezus, Horns fans sure are confident

Well I don't hold anything against them for being confident, or even over-confident. But some of those goobers are waaaaay over the top. And I like to think of myself as somewhat optimistic that we are able to pull it off.

After all, they have the highest budget in CFB, and we are at still at the lower level. If I had that kind of bucks I would be expecting a MUCH higher ROI than what they have been getting.

I just don't understand why they can't at least respect us a bit more, and I swear if one more of them talks about not being impressed with the IS game, just because we one with ST's, etc., I'll go nuts. Last I heard all points count in a win/loss, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    I can't say that I blame them. We have 1 recent P5 win, and we are the underdogs. Again, we are going to need some luck to pull this off. By no means should we be over confident either.
    I agree. We didn't exactly beat the ____ out of a lot of people last year and quite frankly some of our wins were downright ugly. Now, good teams win the ugly games but a couple games here and there where we don't get that lucky bounce and we lose. Some of them also came to the conclusion that our run defense is not good because they watched the Ga Southern game but they run on everybody so I think they will underestimate our defense in general. But mainly, they just look at our game against ISU as a fluke because ISU didn't play well and they didn't have their stud TE. We will need to play better than we did against ISU to beat these guys and I think a lot of that will start and fall on Levi.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post

Sipping tea and edible weed does that.

Should of beaten Moo State the year before, just gave the freaking ball away 5 times. ISU was no fluke, we did not give it away. Win the turnover game again, horns down.

I’m going to the game to support them, but my only expectation is that the final score is within 2 touchdowns. A win would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I agree. We didn't exactly beat the ____ out of a lot of people last year and quite frankly some of our wins were downright ugly. Now, good teams win the ugly games but a couple games here and there where we don't get that lucky bounce and we lose. Some of them also came to the conclusion that our run defense is not good because they watched the Ga Southern game but they run on everybody so I think they will underestimate our defense in general. But mainly, they just look at our game against ISU as a fluke because ISU didn't play well and they didn't have their stud TE. We will need to play better than we did against ISU to beat these guys and I think a lot of that will start and fall on Levi.
    Good points. Regarding the GA Southern game, we were missing over half of the starting defense due to Covid contact tracing. It was definitely an ugly win though

I think we are an exception this year to a typical G5 team that had a great season. 99% a G5 team is either very senior heavy and lose a bunch the following years. A Coach that leaves for a bigger check. We bucked that trend so we are in uncharted territory

What’s crazy is that Georgia southern didn’t run all over us. They converted 3rd and shorts and threw the ball all over us.

If we keep UT’s QB from making big plays with his legs and hold their RBs to a respectable amount of yards we have a shot.

We just have to let Levi be Levi. He doesn’t have to rush for 100 yards but he has to keep their defense honest on the RPOs. He has to keep the ball when they crash down and he has to take off with it when the pocket collapses. Get 4 or 5 yards then get down or get out of bounds.

I think our defense will be tested early and often. Their RBs are a load. Their OL IS legit. We have to plug those gaps and use the run blitzes effectively. Force some fumbles and intercept a pass or two.

I think we can come out with a win but not overly confident about it. Regardless it will be a fun weekend and really looking forward to it.

Who would have ever thought we’d be opening up the season in Austin and it would be a battle of top 25 teams? Good times! Can’t wait!

We were without I think 13 starters and players on 2 deep that game

When someone mentions that the Iowa St. game was a fluke, just ask them how many points they scored in the second half…it wasn’t a fluke.

Default Re: Texas Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Are they together? I have a friend looking for 4.
    5 tickets available
    $75 a piece

It's Texas so UT fans will be UT fans. I'd like to flip the "I watched a game last year and I don't get the hype" talk around on them. I've seen them play several times over the last few years. They lose games that they think they should win because they are Texas. Look at the OOC games against Cal and times 2 vs. Maryland.

There are some rational posters there, but the guy who said "Texas D line is to big, talented and deep they will control the line of scrimmage I don't think ULL has the size, talent are depth to hold up for four quarters." That's the canned P5 vs G5 response. However, I don't think this guy knows a thing about us if he thinks talent and depth are an issue.

Default Re: Texas Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by HebertTommy View Post
    Sent you a PM
    Tickets still available

Page 11 of 75 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information