Page 34 of 75 FirstFirst . 24 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 44 . LastLast

Thread: 2021 FB Final: Louisiana 18, Texas 38

Default Re: Texas Tickets

I have four tickets available. Lower bowl, section 19, row 25. Face value $75 each, I'll sell them for $50 obo.

Default Re: #23 Louisiana Travels to #19 Texas for Season Opener

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I can't wait to read the in game thread. It's going to be great entertainment all by itself.
    No doubt, lol!

Default Re: #23 Louisiana Travels to No. 19 Texas for Season Opener

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Same! I’m very optimistic, but a realist. I think we may be in trouble. But at the same time Texas may have but off more than they can chew.
    With their natural athletes on the outside, if we can't get pressure with just 4 and 5 man rushes, it could get ugly for us.

Yes.I know. Iowa State.

Iowa State was a better team than Texas because of COACHING. Texas still has much better athletes than Iowa State, especially on the permeameter. We've got to figure out how to minimize that advantage of theirs.

with team abilities being fairly similar my big concern is how well Coach Napier has been able to get the players to focus, some of these kids have families in areas that were slammed by Ida.

I also wonder what will be the status of the Nicholls game since Thibadeaux got hit fairly hard also

I’m still at the point of wait and see. No idea what the score could be. I don’t think our running game will be all that effective. We need to get to 100 yards on the ground without Levi. Probably going to need some trick plays to work as well. I’m not concerned about Texas running away from us because our D is solid. I’m just not sure how well we can get up and down the field. I didn’t find our offense to be dominate at any point last year. Hoping for a war with a shot at the end. Also it’s going to be 99 in Austin tomorrow with clear skies. Field temp probably north of 110. More than anything hope we come away healthy if we don’t get the W.

A lot of people comparing this to the Iowa state win. I think Texas is far better athletically. I always thought of Iowa state like the old Kansas state teams. Not a lot of big time recruits. Just tough, sound football

Default Re: Texas vs Louisiana score predictions

Cajuns come out ready to play and well prepared. This is what Texas expects unfortunately. The element of surprise is not like last years Iowa State game. It's going to be a fight and UL needs some things to go our way to come out with a win. It would be a tremendous boost to our program, and the national recognition would be through the roof.

My Heart says:

The Cajuns capitalize on UT making mistakes, which is likely to happen on their first game with all new coaching and all new schemes. UL's running game comes up big, with Montrell Johnson providing that spark. The defense plays as advertised and keeps the game close to allow the Cajuns to strike at the end of the game for the win.

UL 31
    UT 27

My Brain says:

The Cajuns are unable to generate a running game against the Longhorns in a tough environment. Then, being forced to pass, our offense struggles. Texas can pin their ears back and come after Levi. The UL defense plays well, but gets tired and can't contain the running game of Texas forever. After the running game gets going for UT, they can then open up the pass.

UL 13
    UT 38

I'm hoping my brain is wrong.

Geaux UL Ragin Cajuns! Beat Texas!!!!!!

the UT coaches are taking this game very seriously, however I question if the mentality of of 20 year old is the same, after all they drank the cool aid of UT superiority otherwise they would have been at one of the higher profile Texas schools.

I truly love how some people predicting us crushing Texas, or beating them, are the same people that said we would crush LaTech@Ruston. Excuse me if I do not take you seriously.

Anyway, Louisiana 69 Texas 9.

10. Default Re: Texas vs Louisiana score predictions

For me the key word is "time."

Whichever team wins the overall Time Machine battle at the line of scrimmage, wins the game.

Known variable: Experience.

Man About Town on Ragin Review accurately pointed out that experienced players just "do" inexperienced players have to take a split second to think. Advantage Louisiana.

Experience can accomplish the same thing a dominant line can. Just like a dominant OL can expand time for the offense and DL can shorten time for the opponent's offense.

Players who just do slow down the clock for themselves and speed up the clock for their opponent.

A lot of horn fans saying that their depth will be their salvation….that we might hang well in the 1st half, but the heat etc will wear us down so that we get trounced in the 2nd half. I have to admit, this makes sense and we’ve seen it happen several times prior to Napier. But I don’t think I’ve really seen this as an issue since Napier, and that’s due to his improving our s & c, nutrition, etc., so they may be underestimating Napier’s skills in that regard, and will be surprised to see that not happen. I think we will hang with them for 4Q’s.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    A lot of horn fans saying that their depth will be their salvation….that we might hang well in the 1st half, but the heat etc will wear us down so that we get trounced in the 2nd half. I have to admit, this makes sense and we’ve seen it happen several times prior to Napier. But I don’t think I’ve really seen this as an issue since Napier, and that’s due to his improving our s & c, nutrition, etc., so they may be underestimating Napier’s skills in that regard, and will be surprised to see that not happen. I think we will hang with them for 4Q’s.
    They're basing this off of past experiences playing G5 schools. What they don't realize is that we are one of the most well conditioned teams in America right now.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Valid point. As far a conditioning and playing hard, under Napier, our guys don't quit, they will play hard in the 4th Qtr.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Valid point. As far a conditioning and playing hard, under Napier, our guys don't quit, they will play hard in the 4th Qtr.
    After giving all the considerations more thought my heart says 31-23 Cajuns, but my head says 27-23 Texas….Geaux Cajuns! I think the big key is keep it close by halftime and then Billy does his great half time adjustments and pulls out the win.

15. UL Football #23 Cajuns hope to open another season with a Big 12 road upset

Finally, the highly anticipated showdown between the UL Ragin’ Cajuns and the Texas Longhorns will occur at 3:30 p.m. Saturday at Darrell K. Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium in Austin, Texas.

Page 34 of 75 FirstFirst . 24 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 44 . LastLast

Thread Information