Page 33 of 75 FirstFirst . 23 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 43 . LastLast

Thread: 2021 FB Final: Louisiana 18, Texas 38

Default Re: Texas vs Louisiana score predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    We kick four FGs. They get four safeties.

Easy.
    That was my thoughts exactly. Haha

31-14 Cajuns. We get 2 kick return TDs

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    I just hope we don’t miss to easy field goals

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    Dude.if this happens, there will be a ____ton of drunk ass people in Lafayette (and on this board), and meanwhile people in Austin ready to burn down Sark's newly purchased home.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    In looking at their forum you actually gained a couple of fans. One guy even laughed and said he'd like to have a beer with you.LOL. The funny part is only a couple of guys got that it was completely sarcastic humor.lol
    Well I might be having a beer (or a drink, because he loves his Titos vodka) with a former UT baseball player during the game. That should count.

6. UL Football #23 Louisiana Travels to #19 Texas for Season Opener

Ragin' Cajuns and Longhorns meet on national television for program's first-ever Top 25 matchup

Coming off a Sun Belt Championship and a No. 19 finish in the College Football Playoff, No. 23/23 Louisiana Football will enter the 2021 season in Austin, Texas against the No. 19/21 Texas Longhorns Saturday, Sept. 4, at 3:30 p.m. (CST) on FOX.

The program continued to rise to new heights last year under now fourth-year head coach Billy Napier. The Ragin' Cajuns compiled a 10-1 record, including a 7-1 mark in Sun Belt Conference play before capping off the year with a 31-24 win over UTSA in the 2020 ServPro First Responders Bowl.

Texas finished last season at 7-3 with a 5-3 record against Big 12 opponents. The Longhorns concluded their campaign with a 55-23 win over Colorado in the Valero Alamo Bowl.

A victory would improve Louisiana to 2-1 against Power 5 opponents in season openers under Napier and would mark the second-consecutive win over a ranked Big 12 conference member following last year's 31-14 season-opening defeat of then-No. 23 Iowa State.

Who: No. 23/23 Louisiana (0-0, 0-0 Sun Belt) at No. 19/21 Texas Longhorns (0-0, 0-0 Big 12)
    Where: DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium – Austin, Texas
    When: Saturday, Sept. 4 – 3:30 p.m. (CST)
    Watch: FOX
    On the Call: Tim Brando (play-by-play), Spencer Tillman (analyst)
    Listen: ESPN1420
    On the Call: Jay Walker (play-by-play), Chris Lanaux (analyst), Cody Junot (sideline)
    All-Time Series: Texas leads, 2-0
    Last Meeting: L, 60-3 (9/3/2005)

Game Notes:
    Preseason Polls
    • At No. 23, Louisiana enters the season ranked in the preseason USA Today/AFCA Coaches Poll and the AP Top 25 for the first time in program history. Saturday's meeting will be the first time in school history that the Ragin' Cajuns have played in a Top 25 matchup.

Run it Back
    • Per ESPN's Bill Connelly, Louisiana returns a nation-high 96 percent of its production from a season ago, including 93 percent of its offensive production and 98 percent of its defensive production.

Defend the West
    • Louisiana was the preseason pick to win the Sun Belt West Division, the third-straight season it was tabbed to do so.
    • The Ragin' Cajuns received nine of 10 first-place votes.

Sun Belt Stars
    • The Ragin' Cajuns picked up 10 selections on the Preseason All-Sun Belt Conference Teams. O'Cyrus Torrence, Bralen Trahan, Rhys Byrns and Chris Smith earned first-team honors, while Levi Lewis, Max Mitchell, Zi'Yon Hill, Lorenzo McCaskill and Eric Garror represented the program on the second team.

Follow Levi's Lead
    • In addition to a 22-6 record as the starting quarterback for the Ragin' Cajuns, Levi Lewis enters his senior campaign ranked third in program history with 6,286 passing yards and second in school history with 54 career passing touchdowns.
    • Last year, Lewis joined Ian Book (Notre Dame) and Justin Fields (Ohio State) as the only three quarterbacks to throw for more than 5,000 yards, more than 45 touchdowns, less than 11 interceptions and more than eight rushing touchdowns over the last two seasons.

In the Trenches
    • Entering the season, Louisiana's projected starting offensive lineman have started in at least 24 games over the last two years. The Ragin' Cajuns upfront unit finished last season ranked fifth nationally and first in the Sun Belt Conference in tackles-for-loss allowed (3.64) and seventh nationally and first in the league in sacks allowed (0.82).

Road Warriors
    • Over the last two seasons, the Ragin' Cajuns have compiled an 11-1 record away from home. With seven consecutive victories, Louisiana is tied with Boise State, Notre Dame, USC and Alabama for the nation's second-longest active road win streak.

Plenty of Picks
    • Aided by 16 interceptions, Louisiana was +10 in the turnover margin last year. The 16 picks tied for the third most in the country was the highest total recorded by the Ragin' Cajuns since 2009.

Default Re: #23 Louisiana Travels to No. 19 Texas for Season Opener

I’m so nervous…but I can’t wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Same! I’m very optimistic, but a realist. I think we may be in trouble. But at the same time Texas may have but off more than they can chew.

I feel the exact same way! I think we're going to have a heck of a season though! Geaux Cajuns!

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    I feel the exact same way! I think we're going to have a heck of a season though! Geaux Cajuns!
    Be sure and be in the stadium early for pre-game. Great tradition at Texas.

11. UL Football #23 Cajuns hope to open another season with a Big 12 road upset

At long last, the highly anticipated showdown between the UL Ragin’ Cajuns and the Texas Longhorns will occur at 3:30 p.m. Saturday at Darrell K. Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium in Austin, Texas.

The Top 25 showdown televised nationally on FOX isn’t your classic Big 12 vs. Sun Belt rent-a-win matchup.

I’ll be nervous until I have that first bloody Saturday am while getting the smoker fired up. My cockiness will steadily improve throughout the day until kickoff. Then I’ll get nervous again.

F’in awesome!!!!

Default Re: #23 Louisiana Travels to #19 Texas for Season Opener

I can't wait to read the in game thread. It's going to be great entertainment all by itself.

14. Default Re: Big 12 expansion talks focused on BYU, UCF, Cincinnati, Houston: Sources

day hours minutes.

Default UL vs Texas breakdown

These guys are way more level headed and have a realistic breakdown than what Ive seen out there from the Texas side.

https://youtu.be/1HQu5SDKkFE

Page 33 of 75 FirstFirst . 23 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 43 . LastLast

Thread Information