Thread: QB Club Mini Report

Default QB Club Mini Report

This will NOT be a summary of comments made by Patrick Toney, Billy Napier, or Levi Lewis. Not fair to paying members to recap. I will say those were three outstanding speakers today. We had about 40 people show up in person and there were 12 participating via Zoom. Troy promises to improve the Zoom experience going forward. I believe Covid concerns, people helping SE Louisiana folks with hurricane issues , and some people leaving early for Austin may have impacted no. of people attending. One item that can be shared is an example of where the money of club members goes to. We now have some type of GPS capability for each player. They wear some type of small device under their pads. They connect to satellites in some fashion. Quite a bit of data is collected from these, including speed. Coaches can tell how a player's performance changes throughout a practice or game. For now they can only be used outdoors. In order to have them work indoors, another 30 thousand dollar expenditure would be required. For now, we have other priorities. Still, I thought this was a good example of where club money goes and may go to. I also think the staff would be OK and in fact supportive of sharing that information.

Default Re: QB Club Mini Report

Unfortunately, I had to miss today's luncheon. Work....

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    They wear some type of small device under their pads. They connect to satellites in some fashion. Quite a bit of data is collected from these, including speed. Coaches can tell how a player's performance changes throughout a practice or game.
    This is keeping up with the big boys stuff.

There are a few programs out there the closest they will get to this technology is borrowing hardware designed for the talocrural region from their local DOC officials.

Napier is a very calculated and measured man.

But When he introduced Levi, you can just tell how special the relationship is to billy.

I am thankful the zoom aspect of QB club is still available. If you are a UL fan, spend the 250 and get the inside scoop. You will be glad you did.

This is my second year joining the QB and I really enjoy the discussion and questions. Virtual meeting are so nice for us out of town folks to be connected to the program. I most appreciated hearing how the money is spent today.

I think it was great. I agree, you can feel connected to the program, good conversation from the speakers, and it's an opportunity to hear straight from the coaches in a relaxed setting. I would say, go ahead and join, be a part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    I think it was great. I agree, you can feel connected to the program, good conversation from the speakers, and it's an opportunity to hear straight from the coaches in a relaxed setting. I would say, go ahead and join, be a part of it.
    Glad to have folks enjoying the meeting. Those who participated today even got to see Troy fussing at me for asking Levi about the strange ending to App game last year. All in fun of course. As previous poster said, Coach has a special relationship with No. 1. Don’t expect him to EVER pull him out of a game short of injury or blowout.

8. Default Re: QB Club Mini Report

If people would have listened to Vic a few years ago, they would have saved themselves much misery and had much more enjoyment of Cajun football. But no. The guy is a winner and the coach knows it. The guy has played and is going to play, period.

Thread Information