Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I got to be a guest on the radio in Austin on Wednesday

Default I got to be a guest on the radio in Austin on Wednesday

Craig Way does the pbp for the Longhorns and had me on his radio show. Here's what I had to say about the Cajuns, their talent and what they have to do to come out with a win on Saturday.

https://soundcloud.com/hornfm/louisi...ptember-1-2021

Default Re: I got to be a guest on the radio in Austin on Wednesday

Just got through listening. Good job as usual, Jay.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: I got to be a guest on the radio in Austin on Wednesday

Great interview. Just has me looking forward to this game even more. Praying I have my power back by then so I can watch it!!!

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #BeatTexas

4. Default Re: I got to be a guest on the radio in Austin on Wednesday

Jay always represents the Cajun perspective well, in addition to incorporating a level-headed analysis of the opponent.

Brian

Great interview Jay. Very easy to listen to and full of knowledge.

Nice job Jay.

Jay as always awesome job. Just 1 question. When asked about Levi you said only 2 QBs you have covered made you go wow. He and Jake. Were you not covering the Cajuns during the Brian Mitchell years? For me he was the best ever here and with all due respect for me it’s not even close

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    Jay as always awesome job. Just 1 question. When asked about Levi you said only 2 QBs you have covered made you go wow. He and Jake. Were you not covering the Cajuns during the Brian Mitchell years? For me he was the best ever here and with all due respect for me it’s not even close
    I missed most of Jake's game due to working overseas, but Brian was off the charts! I did see Jake and the Cajuns beat the Aggies which if I were to see any of his games, that would be the one to see. Levi needs to use his legs in this game to keep the chains moving. He was held back from doing that early last season, but as the games progressed he started making plays with his feet. He has to be smart and not get hurt when running the ball, but he is majoring in engineering. I think they will let him run right off the bat this year cuz he's just too good at doing that and it puts so much more pressure on the DB's and LB's....also, we have some really nice QB back-ups this season to take the reins if needed.

Awesome as always, Jay!

Adding on to what you talked about this morning, I found this on one of Texas' message boards that breaks down our team well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HGBUdkt4Mg&t=897s

10. Default Re: I got to be a guest on the radio in Austin on Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    Jay did not start calling Cajun games until 1992 as the color commentator at that time and then moved to the play by play 10 years later. I think Jay was speaking of whom he saw play at his time with the Ragin Cajun Sports Network. I am sure that if Jay were to rank UL quaterbacks that Mr. Mitchell would be near the very top.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Jay did not start calling Cajun games until 1992 as the color commentator at that time and then moved to the play by play 10 years later. I think Jay was speaking of whom he saw play at his time with the Ragin Cajun Sports Network. I am sure that if Jay were to rank UL quaterbacks that Mr. Mitchell would be near the very top.
    Yeah, I prefaced my comment with "since I've been doing the radio broadcasts...."

If I would have included my play by play on TV, obviously Brian would have been mentioned.

Thanks...that was an interesting analysis and I feel, a fair assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Craig Way does the pbp for the Longhorns and had me on his radio show. Here's what I had to say about the Cajuns, their talent and what they have to do to come out with a win on Saturday.

https://soundcloud.com/hornfm/louisi...ptember-1-2021
    Great job Jay as always!!

Did you notice at the very beginning the guy thanked Todd Dodge? What a flop he was in college.

I truly miss your show and most importantly NBC. You should bring that back via podcast.

14. Default Re: I got to be a guest on the radio in Austin on Wednesday

Jay never disappoints.

No you did say that. I just didn’t know when you started covering the team and if maybe you were having a senior moment on Brian ��

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information