Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sports Talk Radio in Lafayette Market

Tickets Sports Talk Radio in Lafayette Market

I moved back to the area 6 months ago. And as bad (Outside of Foote) as local sports radio is (not talking espn programming or Jim Rome etc) yesterday, with arguably the most important game in UL history on the horizon, during the Morning Drive hour of 745-815am. It just sucked. Sucked is too kind...Why your "flagship" station has Jay on for an interview and the first portion of it was taken up with Prather going on about the Mets...the f'ing Mets...Scott, No. One. Cares....Ditto for RP3 show. Had Jay on. He asked a bunch of "what" questions and never did I hear a "who" question...Horrible. Just now RPEE3 asked a bunch of "who" questions to the editor of Tiger "on the " Rag magazine....who's another f'ing zero when it comes to anything but the pizz and purple...UCLA is a 3pt favorite, he picks the Tigers to win by 4...Genius.

Here's a clue you two idiots....that microphone you use, believe it or not, belongs to your audience. We, as your listeners, own that mike. Now, if you can't figure that out, time to get another job. Not to mention, I've seen your #'s and they suck as bad as your shows...

Default Re: Sports Talk Radio in Lafayette Market

Whoa

I completely gave up on local sports radio. Once Jay's afternoon spot was given to Scott way back when, I really had no interest in tuning in and listening to Gus Kattengel and Scott talk about the Saints and Pelicans.

I really enjoyed Dave Schultz on 103.7, he gave the Cajuns a lot of coverage (especially during the Scott Farmer fiasco). Once he left, Ben Love was really the only one I enjoyed listening to. And now he's gone.

Just turn off the radio and listen to Ragin Review and other Cajun podcasts during your commute.

4. Default Re: Sports Talk Radio in Lafayette Market

They don't understand the low hanging fruit of their natural market at all, but just like the Advertiser will spend years try to create an out of pocket market for what THEY want to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    I completely gave up on local sports radio. Once Jay's afternoon spot was given to Scott way back when, I really had no interest in tuning in and listening to Gus Kattengel and Scott talk about the Saints and Pelicans.

I really enjoyed Dave Schultz on 103.7, he gave the Cajuns a lot of coverage (especially during the Scott Farmer fiasco). Once he left, Ben Love was really the only one I enjoyed listening to. And now he's gone.

Just turn off the radio and listen to Ragin Review and other Cajun podcasts during your commute.
    Yes, I agree. I highly recommend you listen to some of the local podcasts.

Shameless plug.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    They don't understand the low hanging fruit of their natural market at all, but just like the Advertiser will spend years try to create an out of pocket market for what THEY want to talk about.
    And that is where they fail. They talk about what they want to talk about, not what the majority of the 300 or less quarter hour listeners want them to talk about. Hey, I get some LSU talk, I get some baseball talk, its that time of year. But to go on about the Mets when you have the best local expert on UL Football sitting with you is a disappointment.
    Again, NO. ONE. Cares. about your favorite MLB team Prather...

Yeah, no one cares about baseball right now. Football should dominate the week. Here's a few topics.

1. Cajuns vs Texas
    2. Practice during Ida
    3. Saints relocate to Dallas
    4. 53 man roster cuts
    5. Get multiple coaches and media from UL, Texas, and Green Bay on the phone for interviews
    6. Local high school football

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    Yeah, no one cares about baseball right now. Football should dominate the week. Here's a few topics.

1. Cajuns vs Texas
    2. Practice during Ida
    3. Saints relocate to Dallas
    4. 53 man roster cuts
    5. Get multiple coaches and media from UL, Texas, and Green Bay on the phone for interviews
    6. Local high school football
    I can approve this. Any baseball talk is too much baseball talk.

The afternoon guy on 1420 is painful to listen to. Not only that, he is all NBA all the time (maybe that's all he knows........ I don't remember the last time I watched a minute of an NBA game) . Same for the afternoon guy on 103.7 (i forgot his name). Jordy Hultburg not much better. It just sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    The afternoon guy on 1420 is painful to listen to. Not only that, he is all NBA all the time (maybe that's all he knows........ I don't remember the last time I watched a minute of an NBA game) . Same for the afternoon guy on 103.7 (i forgot his name). Jordy Hultburg not much better. It just sucks.
    I like NBA and certainly can tune in but there's a prime time and season for all sports talk. Now is not the time to talk basketball. Football is ramping up and it should be the focus of your content.

11. Default Re: Sports Talk Radio in Lafayette Market

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I like NBA and certainly can tune in but there's a prime time and season for all sports talk. Now is not the time to talk basketball. Football is ramping up and it should be the focus of your content.
    Norman Locke and his producer are unbearable to listen to. It is completely terrible. Also the Saturday morning guy who helps Billy Ryckman is almost as painful to listen to on the air. I get it that these guys might know sports, but some people were not meant to be on the air.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    The only reason he does NBA is that is all he knows. Not knowing the mascot of a university in your own state (Nicholls) is a horrific understatement. He just flat out did not know, was not a brain cramp. So......

I was stuck in traffic yesterday PM so against my better judgement, I figured hey, it's game week, they have to be talking Cajuns. Nope, 1420 was in full circle jerk mode over their OWN fantasy football draft. I hope UL isn't stupid enough to give him a media pass for football...he does not care.

I cannot see Leerfield sticking with TSM making no real attempt to support the product.

Should be interesting when these contracts expire. I'm sure 103.7 will be approached but do they part with the Refiners?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    The only reason he does NBA is that is all he knows. Not knowing the mascot of a university in your own state (Nicholls) is a horrific understatement. He just flat out did not know, was not a brain cramp. So......

I was stuck in traffic yesterday PM so against my better judgement, I figured hey, it's game week, they have to be talking Cajuns. Nope, 1420 was in full circle jerk mode over their OWN fantasy football draft. I hope UL isn't stupid enough to give him a media pass for football...he does not care.

I cannot see Leerfield sticking with TSM making no real attempt to support the product.

Should be interesting when these contracts expire. I'm sure 103.7 will be approached but do they part with the Refiners?

Money talks very loudly with this situation....

Count TV 3 in that local sports that sucks. No Cajun coverage at all yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Norman Locke and his producer are unbearable to listen to. It is completely terrible. Also the Saturday morning guy who helps Billy Ryckman is almost as painful to listen to on the air. I get it that these guys might know sports, but some people were not meant to be on the air.
    Speaking of producers, this morning on The Lame, talking of Saints cuts..."former LSU Center Will Clapp....." No mention of Ringo making g the team or that Duece Wallace was cut...oh, but for.er LSU Center...dudes nose is so far up the Alice Shue rectum it's sickening...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information