Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Things to do in Austin

Default Things to do in Austin

Getting on the road this morning and making the trek over to hippieville. Probably just gonna get settled into the house this afternoon and go walk around to check out the surroundings.

Thursday night we will be going to see Ray Boudreaux at a bar on Rainey St. Friday we will be on the boat on lake Travis. Saturday we will be set up next to the alumni tailgate. All are welcome to join whenever.

For those familiar with Austin, what are some things we should check out restaurant/bar wise? Other interesting activities?

Hope to see y’all there. Can’t wait!

Default Re: Things to do in Austin

One thing I would HIGHLY recommend if you'll be passing through Houston lunchtime/late lunch is Fege's BBQ in Spring Branch. Only about one mile North of I-10.

https://fegesbbq.com/spring-branch/

Get the ribs and brisket. The smothered collard greens is one of the best sides I've ever had at a BBQ joint.

I am a big fan of the Hula Hut 3825 Lake Austin Blvd. It is right on the water and pretty cool Tex/Mex and Polynesian restaurant.

If you are into the brewery scene, Austin has a number of good ones, including Hi Sign and Austin Beerworks.

I would also highly recommend Stubbs BBQ in Austin, if you want BBQ.

Quote Originally Posted by MDMullet8 View Post
    Getting on the road this morning and making the trek over to hippieville. Probably just gonna get settled into the house this afternoon and go walk around to check out the surroundings.

Thursday night we will be going to see Ray Boudreaux at a bar on Rainey St. Friday we will be on the boat on lake Travis. Saturday we will be set up next to the alumni tailgate. All are welcome to join whenever.

For those familiar with Austin, what are some things we should check out restaurant/bar wise? Other interesting activities?

Hope to see y’all there. Can’t wait!
    Check out Firehouse Lounge off 6th street its like an old Speakeasy and drinks are amazing

5. Default Re: Things to do in Austin

Fonda San Miguel is the best interior mexican food I have found on this earth. Best to have reservations.

If you want something out by the lake (our neck of the woods), try Canyon Grille at Rough Hollow. Upscale bar and grill with amazing views and space to spread out in the wedding pavilion and lawn area. We are there often.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by MDMullet8 View Post

Hope to see yÂ’all there. CanÂ’t wait!
    Go to The Oasis on Lake Travis just off 2222. Beautiful view high atop the lake. Best time to go is at Sunset, but any time is great.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Go to The Oasis on Lake Travis just off 2222. Beautiful view high atop the lake. Best time to go is at Sunset, but any time is great.
    That is the plan on Friday. Will probably have to go for lunch before the boat as night time will probably be packed.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations!

Win.

If you have time go to Alamo Springs Café south of Fredericksburg. One of the best burgers I ever ate. 107 Alamo Rd
    Fredericksburg, TX 78624 Look at their website

11. Default Re: Things to do in Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Tasso View Post
    And if you are going to end up in Fredericksburg, TX, please see Fredericksburg Brewing Company. Well worth it. I can't speak for the food, but the beer is excellent.

Hula Hut is a good time. I forget the name of the drink but it’s a margarita martini, served across town and they are great!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I am a big fan of the Hula Hut 3825 Lake Austin Blvd. It is right on the water and pretty cool Tex/Mex and Polynesian restaurant.

If you are into the brewery scene, Austin has a number of good ones, including Hi Sign and Austin Beerworks.

I would also highly recommend Stubbs BBQ in Austin, if you want BBQ.
    Was just about to recommend Hula Hut. Fun area of town.

Terry Blacks BBQ

Matt’s El Rancho on S Lamar

Anyone going to Austin has to go eat at Discada. It’s a taco truck. Order more than you would guess because they’re street tacos and smaller. But well worth finding it to eat their tacos!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information