Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Things to do in Austin

Default Re: Things to do in Austin

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    Salad? SALAD?? You bringing SALAD to a food .. uhum, I mean things to do thread?
    I know but it’s good!

Nevermind, do NOT go to Sam's . It's now terrible. Just had the worst brisket in my life. Avoid.

3. Default Re: Things to do in Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Nevermind, do NOT go to Sam's . It's now terrible. Just had the worst brisket in my life. Avoid.
    Stubbs man. Stubbs.

For whiskey drinker they have
    Seven grand

How safe is Austin for walking around?

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    How safe is Austin for walking around?
    Most places you will want to go are pretty safe. There are homeless people almost everywhere, but as long as you stay on the beaten path, you'll be fine. On weekends, the downtown area stays pretty packed with people walking, so there is usually safety in numbers. There are also scooters literally EVERYWHERE if you are so inclined.

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    Salad? SALAD?? You bringing SALAD to a food .. uhum, I mean things to do thread?
    Yeah...probably something I should get as my side of meat sweats at a BBQ joint, but there's lots of things I SHOULD or shouldn't do that get ignored.

Fege's, my side is always the collard greens that are cooked down with pieces and juices of brisket. Only BBQ side I enjoy more is the smoked and smothered okra at Pit Room in Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Yeah...probably something I should get as my side of meat sweats at a BBQ joint, but there's lots of things I SHOULD or shouldn't do that get ignored.

Fege's, my side is always the collard greens that are cooked down with pieces and juices of brisket. Only BBQ side I enjoy more is the smoked and smothered okra at Pit Room in Houston.
    Tailgating is all over the place, even in parking garages. The Alumni House is right next to the stadium and is always packed. Shultz's Beergarden, about 4-5 blocks from the stadium, is a great place to go. Always packed and courtyard has UT radio show and tv's with all the televised games with guests and former players. Great place to go. Friendly folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    If OP stops at Feges for lunch in Houston, he has no reason to bother with the 3+ hour line at Franklin's.
    No one goes to Franklin’s anymore. It’s too crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    For whiskey drinker they have
    Seven grand
    The OTIS Hotel has a great lobby bar.

Emmer & Rye is good place to eat

Quote Originally Posted by MDMullet8 View Post
    Getting on the road this morning and making the trek over to hippieville. Probably just gonna get settled into the house this afternoon and go walk around to check out the surroundings.

I may stop by your tailgate tomorrow :-)

Thursday night we will be going to see Ray Boudreaux at a bar on Rainey St. Friday we will be on the boat on lake Travis. Saturday we will be set up next to the alumni tailgate. All are welcome to join whenever.

For those familiar with Austin, what are some things we should check out restaurant/bar wise? Other interesting activities?

Hope to see y’all there. Can’t wait!

Having dinner at Ski Shores on Lake Austin off of 2222. Forgot how beautiful Austin is. Lived here 4 years. Get away from downtown and the Hill Country is hard to beat.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information