Thread: 2021 FB Final: Louisiana 18, Texas 38

Default Re: Texas vs Louisiana score predictions

Cajuns 28
    Texas 24

2. Default Re: Texas vs Louisiana score predictions

Cajuns 27
    Texas 17

Cajuns win 29-22. (Score look familiar?)

60-3 Cajuns win. Levi Lewis goes on to win the heisman

Louisiana 31
    Texas 34

Default Re: A Star QB at Louisiana? Offensive Players To Watch vs. Texas

Two names: Der'lyn Washington and Terrence Williams. Two-headed battering ram.

Just realized we have NOT 1 senior RB. Wisham is a redshirt junior. Would love to see Wisham bust the DL and wear down the LB corps.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    As crazy at this sounds, we got better at RB than we were last year. Maybe the production will drop a little, but we are better.
    You should have a sports talk radio gig with that take...

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Okay, Texas fans you can go to bed now. I am done posting. You are up to 1082 guests.
    You see no matter what happens on Saturday you will be ____ed. Don't get me wrong, some Cajun fans will be ____ed even if we win. But just not like y'all.
    And with all those texass guests last night, checking their board today there is not one mention that we were calling them out on this thread. Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    As crazy at this sounds, we got better at RB than we were last year. Maybe the production will drop a little, but we are better.
    That does sound absolutely crazy but gets me excited at the same time

11. Default Re: A Star QB at Louisiana? Offensive Players To Watch vs. Texas

I think the guy to watch this season for the Cajuns is a transfer WR named Michael Jefferson.

Jefferson was a late transfer to us from Alabama State. He is listed as a Junior at 6'3" 195 lbs. He has 27 games under his belt for the Hornets, 5 of those were last year in a Covid Season. He caught 24 passes for 234 yards, but his 2019 year was really good. 49 catches 767 yards and 12 TD's.

I think he is a guy to watch, if he can get on the field, the problem is going to be the amount of WR's this team has. But he is my impact player to watch in 2021.

12. Default Re: A Star QB at Louisiana? Offensive Players To Watch vs. Texas

On defense my breakout players this year are Nigel McGriff and Mason Narcisse.

Default Re: Days Till Kickoff

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    The band unis are awful. The football ones look cheap and high schoolish.
    I kind of like the FB uni's, but the band ones are god awful.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

All my kidding about 12 Levi TD passes aside, real talk, my gut tells me it's going to be tough to keep this game close (within 10 points). The talent gap is still wide, definitely wider than us vs. Iowa State.

One thing that has me hopeful, is ISU's head coach Matt Campbell probably gets more out of his talent than just about any head coach in the country. He is damn good. I have similar faith that Coach Napier gets that same output from his talent.

Just my gut, I'm no football X's & O's expert, but I think we need to be +2 on turnovers and get some sort of big special teams play to win this game. Even just to have a shot. The special teams play doesn't have to be a TD, but something like a blocked punt, kickoff or punt return down to inside the Texas 20, or maybe even just block a FG right before halftime as Texas is trying to go into the locker room with momentum fully on their side.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    All my kidding about 12 Levi TD passes aside, real talk, my gut tells me it's going to be tough to keep this game close (within 10 points). The talent gap is still wide, definitely wider than us vs. Iowa State.

One thing that has me hopeful, is ISU's head coach Matt Campbell probably gets more out of his talent than just about any head coach in the country. He is damn good. I have similar faith that Coach Napier gets that same output from his talent.

Just my gut, I'm no football X's & O's expert, but I think we need to be +2 on turnovers and get some sort of big special teams play to win this game. Even just to have a shot. The special teams play doesn't have to be a TD, but something like a blocked punt, kickoff or punt return down to inside the Texas 20, or maybe even just block a FG right before halftime as Texas is trying to go into the locker room with momentum fully on their side.
    While talent may be higher at Texas, we have a veteran team that is disciplined and knows how to win. Add in the fact that Texas not only has a new head coach, but also replacing a QB who was the face of their team. If they think this will be a cakewalk and and play like it, the talk all of next week will be "Texas: What happened?"

Now with that, we do need to play smart and not make goofy mistakes (snap the ball over the punter's head, fumble in the red zone, etc.).

Page 31 of 75 FirstFirst ... 21 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 41 ... LastLast

Thread Information