Thread: Ida Relief

Louisiana Ida Relief

Loreauville Community Project has created an Amazon Wish List for Hurricane Ida relief. If you choose to purchase items, ship to Kirsten Bourque. Her name will pop up as a shipping address at checkout.

https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/l...?ref_=wl_share

2. Default Re: Hurricane Ida

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Loreauville Community Project has created an Amazon Wish List for Hurricane Ida relief. If you choose to purchase items, ship to Kirsten Bourque. Her name will pop up as a shipping address at checkout.

https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/l...?ref_=wl_share
    Please, everyone share this on your social media platforms.

Default Re: Ida Relief

Catholic Charities of Acadiana also have an Amazon wish list and other options to help. You can access that information at:
    http://catholiccharitiesacadiana.org

As always, the response has been great. We have four local drop off locations for supplies and donations.

Loreauville:
    Town Hall
    Village Market
    Corner Grocery

New Iberia:
    Mill Side Market

We also unloaded a truckload of supplies from a group in Houston as the warehouse we’re using to store supplies. Other groups are also using Town Hall as a collection spot on nights before they make deliveries. We have 5 trailer loads heading East tomorrow morning. It’s unfortunate that we have done this for two straight years, but we’re learning each time and becoming more efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    As always, the response has been great. We have four local drop off locations for supplies and donations.

Loreauville:
    Town Hall
    Village Market
    Corner Grocery

New Iberia:
    Mill Side Market

We also unloaded a truckload of supplies from a group in Houston as the warehouse we’re using to store supplies. Other groups are also using Town Hall as a collection spot on nights before they make deliveries. We have 5 trailer loads heading East tomorrow morning. It’s unfortunate that we have done this for two straight years, but we’re learning each time and becoming more efficient.
    This is awesome. Keep up the good work!

6. Support Louisiana Soccer Accepting Donations For SLU Soccer Program

The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Student-Athlete Advisory Committee and Black Student-Athlete Association are accepting donations during Friday's Women's Soccer match between Louisiana and Southeastern Louisiana which will directly benefit the Lady Lions' program.

7. Default ESPN 1420 Final Day: Love Truck Still Needs Supplies for Ida Victims

They will be collecting those donations from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.

8. Default Students teaming up to coordinate Hurricane Ida relief drives

University of Louisiana students are stepping up to assist in the aftermath of Hurricane Ida, and they need your help.

The UL Student Nurses Association and Sigma Nu fraternity are coordinating relief drives, according to posts on each organization’s Instagram account.

UL student-athletes are also supporting relief efforts.

More...

Louisiana.edu

9. Default University raising funds for student emergency relief in Ida’s aftermath

Student Emergency Fund donations will enable the University to help students in the storm’s aftermath

More...

Louisiana.edu

Why does the University have a Ragin' Cajuns Student-Athlete Advisory Committee and Black Student-Athlete Association? I thought they were all "Student" athletes! Everything seems to be getting to be Black & White when I thought we were supposed to be wanting to get to a colorblind society!

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Why does the University have a Ragin' Cajuns Student-Athlete Advisory Committee and Black Student-Athlete Association? I thought they were all "Student" athletes! Everything seems to be getting to be Black & White when I thought we were supposed to be wanting to get to a colorblind society!
    I thought the same thing. Don't bring color into the equation if you don't want it to be part of the problem!

Wow, I am proud of myself for that line!

Seriously though, that is how I feel. I treat people fairly and feel there is no reason to separate when you are trying to unite!

I did it again; I will stop now.

Thread Information