Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Two deep roster

Default Re: Two deep roster

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Coastal had one of the smallest OL’s in the country, averaging 6’1 288 and led the conference in offense
    Our starting kicker could play on their offensive line. 6'1.25 283 pounds. Holy ____ that's a lot of beef kicking extra points and field goals!

Where is the guard that transferred from ULM?

Quote Originally Posted by Atown cajun View Post
    Where is the guard that transferred from ULM?
    3rd string

4. Default Re: Two deep roster

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Malkinson View Post
    3rd string
    Just shows you how deep this team is. Fialoa probably the best OL that ULM had and was named to a number of All SBC teams (Lindy, Athlon as well as the media and coaches panel). Yet he can't even get on the 2 deep for us. I suspected that he would move to the LG position or be the backup at the RG (the position he played at ULM), but instead he is behind a former walkon.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Just shows you how deep this team is. Fialoa probably the best OL that ULM had and was named to a number of All SBC teams (Lindy, Athlon as well as the media and coaches panel). Yet he can't even get on the 2 deep for us. I suspected that he would move to the LG position or be the backup at the RG (the position he played at ULM), but instead he is behind a former walkon.
    To be fair he is coming from a different system and those in front of him have years with scheme already. But your point is taken about the depth that we have with Rubio being injured and we still have talent on the bench we can plug in. I think the same can be said for almost all the position groups. That's what I think the opposition this weekend is overlooking. We are deeper than any G5 they are used to playing. They about to get another Maryland lesson

To be honest, I think this whole 2 deep crap is just that...crap. I bet you will see guys not listed on the 2 deep playing more than some of the guys on it and I wouldn't be surprised to see some different starters come Saturday than are on it. Coaches do it because they have to but I don't necessarily think it tells us who will play the most in many cases.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    To be honest, I think this whole 2 deep crap is just that...crap. I bet you will see guys not listed on the 2 deep playing more than some of the guys on it and I wouldn't be surprised to see some different starters come Saturday than are on it. Coaches do it because they have to but I don't necessarily think it tells us who will play the most in many cases.
    Hardly any newcomers are on the 2 deep, depth chart looks almost identical to last year. Does anyone really think out off all the guys they brought in after last season, finishing nationally ranked, none of them can break 2nd string?

Hardly any newcomers are on the 2 deep, depth chart looks almost identical to last year. Does anyone really think out off all the guys they brought in after last season, finishing nationally ranked, none of them can break 2nd string?
    Exactly. Sometimes I think the staff puts this out with some omissions on purpose. Like I said, I'd bet money that there are several positions on that depth chart that will have guys listed "below" those guys actually playing more than the ones listed above them.

Is Rubio typically a starter? What injury is he dealing with?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Is Rubio typically a starter? What injury is he dealing with?
    He was supposed to be the starter and I asked the same thing about his injury. Don't think I saw an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    He was supposed to be the starter and I asked the same thing about his injury. Don't think I saw an answer.
    That is a blow. Anytime you got one of your starting hogs out that’s an issue.

NM

I think this thing will look a lot different week 6 than it does now

Short answer in YES, because it is the first game and none of them have been seen under fire. Now Woolridge is listed as a ‘or’ at QB2, and I am sure there are a couple more that fit in that territory.

In my opinion, in the G5, this is how you build teams to compete. Most starters having 2-3 seasons under their belt.

Example, LL is a 5th year Senior, facing a more talented, but very green QB. Get enough of those advantages and you have special seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    NM
    ???

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information