Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: LIVE show at Ryan Pecot's MidCity Smokehouse

Default Re: Ragin Review: LIVE from Tchoup's Midcity Smokehouse!

I like parking on campus, near Mcnaspy, for free. Signed, Gulf States Conference fan

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The correct answer to Nico's question is .... Improve the name recognition of opponents at The Swamp.

There isn't a single Sunbelt school that sells tickets. That's it.

Outside of glued on fans, and a few unique exposures, NO ONE in Louisiana's footprint knows who App State and Coastal are. And that's the crème de la crème of the Sunbelt.

Pull in a draw week in and week out and attendance will begin to sky rocket.

Secondly, kill the midweek games.

Thirdly remember what happened to 11,000 Ice Gator attendance when they moved to a perceived weak league.
    jmo
    Ok, but that doesn’t come close to explaining why every other school in the country, including P5’s, are having the same attendance issue as we are. Also, I remember very well the exictment and attendance we saw during the glory days of Hud…….with the very same level of opponents.

For all the bad things Hud did you cannot deny that he was able to drum up excitement and hype around the program which gave us a good glimpse of what kind of fans we can, and will eventually draw.

Napier was left to dig us out of the huge hole that Hud left, so he needs credit for getting us back up to where we are. And I certainly don’t agree with it, but to the ‘casual’ fan a person like Hud is more important than a nuts-and bolts guy like Napier. To me that’s the most frustrating thing about the lack of attendance we are experiencing during one of the greatest periods of the program: empty hype beating proven, long-term success.

Hopefully that will change as we continue to succeed.

3. Default Re: Ragin Review: LIVE from Tchoup's Midcity Smokehouse!

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Ok, but that doesn’t come close to explaining why every other school in the country, including P5’s, are having the same attendance issue as we are. Also, I remember very well the excitement and attendance we saw during the glory days of Hud…….with the very same level of opponents. ...
    Hud was on the leading edge of a new flavor. Winning.

The memories of quality attendance came on Louisiana Saturdays.

Midweek games are bloodletting College Football across the board. As Ryan said "habit." Midweek games are a habit killer.

When Saturday does come around, you just remember how you felt about the midroll game. Not good, that in turn, hurts weekends.

People want to be where people are but the memory is they weren't there for the last game a midweek game so the drive for the game day habit on Saturday is diminished as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Hud was on the leading edge of a new flavor. Winning.

The memories of quality attendance came on Louisiana Saturdays.

Midweek games are bloodletting College Football across the board. As Ryan said "habit." Midweek games are a habit killer.

When Saturday does come around, you just remember how you felt about the midroll game. Not good, that in turn, hurts weekends.

People want to be where people are but the memory is they weren't there for the last game a midweek game so the drive for the game day habit on Saturday is diminished as well.
    For once I don't really disagree with you, especially about the midweek games but once again and Jay Walker or Maggard can confirm, they aren't going anywhere. SO, if we are discussing options to help not only our brand but those of other SBC members, the removal of midweek games is just not an option as they both say they're here to stay.

The other thing is that you keep banging on our conference and are pining for independence but once again, we all know this is not happening as the Indy model is just not realistic.

5. Default Re: Ragin Review: LIVE from Tchoup's Midcity Smokehouse!

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    For once I don't really disagree with you, especially about the midweek games but once again and Jay Walker or Maggard can confirm, they aren't going anywhere. SO, if we are discussing options to help not only our brand but those of other SBC members, the removal of midweek games is just not an option as they both say they're here to stay.

The other thing is that you keep banging on our conference and are pining for independence but once again, we all know this is not happening as the Indy model is just not realistic.
    Think of me as a running "Lucid" commercial for their electric sedan even though no one in earshot has expressed an ounce of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post

The difference between the administration and the fans is the administration understands the impact of national television. The fan talks about their own inconvenience.

Midweek games aren't going anywhere. And, as long as we are good, we'll play more than one every year. (But I agree, the more away from home the better.)

7. Default Re: Ragin Review: LIVE from Tchoup's Midcity Smokehouse!

I thought Nico had some very intuitive remarks regarding the Acadiana fan.

8. Default Re: Ragin Review: LIVE from Tchoup's Midcity Smokehouse!

Nico's stock went up.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    The difference between the administration and the fans is the administration understands the impact of national television. The fan talks about their own inconvenience.

Midweek games aren't going anywhere. And, as long as we are good, we'll play more than one every year. (But I agree, the more away from home the better.)
    Would it be possible for the conference to work with ESPN to limit the number of times any school has to play mid week at home. This year we have four of those but three are at home. Let's work to limit those to 2 home mid week games per year. That is a reasonable compromise.

This was one of the best Ragin Review podcast ever. Nico articulated his vision for the future of Louisiana Athletics exceptionally well. He clearly states that to be successful at the next level, Louisiana needs to significantly increase fundraising, fan attendance and build facilities to give us a competitive edge.

I appreciate his respect for the academic university, athletic department, and stories of each student athlete. Stories are a part of our Louisiana cULture. Our athletic success today will be the story we tell the next generation. Let’s all get involved in the story we are writing. Geaux Cajuns!

Great interview with Nico. Nice job fellas

I don't know Ryan, but he seems like a good dude and I like what he's trying to do with his restaurant concept

12. Default Re: Ragin Review: LIVE from Tchoup's Midcity Smokehouse!

Very much appreciate the kind words everyone. If we can survive this hurricane mess, we have plenty of content coming next week ahead of Texas. Even possibility of recording a show at DKR prior to kick off.

13. Default Re: Ragin Review: LIVE from Tchoup's Midcity Smokehouse!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    Sorry about the mic feedback guys. If we do it again there I'll bring my 50 foot cable and maybe put the speakers on the other side of the bar. That should take care of the loop. Small rooms and mics don't play well in a live performance
    Investigate a "mix minus" system.

There are low cost solutions.

Here is an overview.
    https://support.biamp.com/General/Au...-minus_systems

Default Re: LIVE show at Ryan Pecot's MidCity Smokehouse

Great podcast guys!! Really enjoyed listening to the Niko segment!

15. Default Re: LIVE show at Ryan Pecot's MidCity Smokehouse

Appreciate your continued support, Shof.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information