Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Justin Robichaux Joins Louisiana Softball Coaching Staff

UL Softball Justin

What will he be coaching?

Default Re: Justin Robichaux Joins Louisiana Softball Coaching Staff

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Better yet, will he be allowed to coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Better yet, will he be allowed to coach.
    Coach Glasco lets his coaches coach. If you ever get a chance to talk to him he will tell you that is what Lu did with him at Georgia. She let him coach and he allows his staff to also.

Pitchers.

5. Default Re: Justin Robichaux Joins Louisiana Softball Coaching Staff

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Pitchers.
    That is surely not reflected in any of the postings by the university or Coach Glasco.

I believe they are looking for a whole lot more in Jut than to just coach pitching.

7. Default Re: Justin Robichaux Joins Louisiana Softball Coaching Staff

Show us where that tweet says he will be a pitching coach. Thanks.

Justin is the pitching coach. He may one day be the head coach, who knows.

Both assistant coaches have the job title Assistant Coach but I fully expect they have different duties.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Both assistant coaches have the job title Assistant Coach but I fully expect they have different duties.
    That would be correct.

Default Re: Justin

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    News copy says he’s trained men and women pitchers. Brings a lot to the table. Just surprised.
    You may want to read it again. What is says is he has been working with and providing pitching instruction for male and female elite-level athletes for the past 10-plus years, preparing for the opportunity to enter the collegiate coaching ranks.

The pitching staff is what Mr. Robichaux will be coaching.

13. Default Re: Justin Robichaux Joins Louisiana Softball Coaching Staff

Knowing Mr. Robichaux as well as I do, he will be having a large impact on the whole of the team.

UL Softball Re: Justin Robichaux Joins Louisiana Softball Coaching Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Glad to see you post on this.

Is this interesting as in “ wow, didn’t see this coming“ or interesting as in “ wow, we’re set for years to come”?

I will always defer to you on southball.
    In the past, I have normally been observant/investigative as to who potential candidates may be, how the process is done and so on. Because I am fighting so desperately to keep my job, I have had little time to do much of anything else, so I was not able to keep track of this search. I made up my mind that I was not going to be surprised at whoever it was, just be analytical with whoever it wound up being, whether it was going to be Chelsea Wilkinson, Cat Osterman or anyone else. Since it's Justin Robichaux, there's a lot to be interested in as he moves into his softball career.

I accept the fact that many of you are going to be concerned about Justin's lack of anything softball. Let me comfort you with this: the principles of pitching do not vary between baseball and softball. The techniques do, also the mechanics, but what a pitcher does, how he/she does it and how the coach implements the plan for each individual pitcher are constant. Tony Robichaux was a pitching coach, one of the best. And his son, Justin, was able to spend years, longer than anybody else has, absorbing all Tony had to teach. He has spent the last decade implementing the lessons his father taught, just as he would now, on an individual level. This is decidedly a benefit for Justin going into this job.

Now for the concerns: we do not know who Justin has been coaching with these individual instructions over the 10 years. We do not know what their productivity has been after receiving his coaching, what they have accomplished and on what level. His vocation during this period of time has been in sales for three different companies, his only college athletics experience after graduating was in the 2017-2018 season as Director of Baseball Operations for the Cajuns, not quite a coaching position. This is very much a huge difference in what he has done to what he now has to do from a vocational standpoint.

My viewpoint: I trust Justin's intelligence, his ability to pick up things quickly and how to use the lessons he learns. He has a lot to learn and a very short time to get ready because it is his responsibility to get ALL of these pitchers ready for February, not just Lamb, Schorman and Landry. If these pitchers come prepared in February, then we will have an idea that he is ready to do this job. This is what I'm interested in seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    In the past, I have normally been observant/investigative as to who potential candidates may be, how the process is done and so on. Because I am fighting so desperately to keep my job, I have had little time to do much of anything else, so I was not able to keep track of this search. I made up my mind that I was not going to be surprised at whoever it was, just be analytical with whoever it wound up being, whether it was going to be Chelsea Wilkinson, Cat Osterman or anyone else. Since it's Justin Robichaux, there's a lot to be interested in as he moves into his softball career.

I accept the fact that many of you are going to be concerned about Justin's lack of anything softball. Let me comfort you with this: the principles of pitching do not vary between baseball and softball. The techniques do, also the mechanics, but what a pitcher does, how he/she does it and how the coach implements the plan for each individual pitcher are constant. Tony Robichaux was a pitching coach, one of the best. And his son, Justin, was able to spend years, longer than anybody else has, absorbing all Tony had to teach. He has spent the last decade implementing the lessons his father taught, just as he would now, on an individual level. This is decidedly a benefit for Justin going into this job.

Now for the concerns: we do not know who Justin has been coaching with these individual instructions over the 10 years. We do not know what their productivity has been after receiving his coaching, what they have accomplished and on what level. His vocation during this period of time has been in sales for three different companies, his only college athletics experience after graduating was in the 2017-2018 season as Director of Baseball Operations for the Cajuns, not quite a coaching position. This is very much a huge difference in what he has done to what he now has to do from a vocational standpoint.

My viewpoint: I trust Justin's intelligence, his ability to pick up things quickly and how to use the lessons he learns. He has a lot to learn and a very short time to get ready because it is his responsibility to get ALL of these pitchers ready for February, not just Lamb, Schorman and Landry. If these pitchers come prepared in February, then we will have an idea that he is ready to do this job. This is what I'm interested in seeing.
    Thanks for the feedback.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information