Thread: Former QB Questions

1. Default Former QB Questions

Man,

I was just looking at our roster from a few seasons ago and noticed that none of the backups that transferred really have landed anywhere.

Luke Bogan--According to his twitter he was supposed to be at Bossier Parish Community College playing baseball, but I don't see him on the roster.

Jai'ave Magalei--I don't see where he ended up anywhere at all as of yet.

Clifton McDowell--On the roster at Kilgore Community College, but does not look like he was the starter there.

Brayden (the much traveled) Hawkins--Was supposed to be at the University of Akron, but he is no longer on the roster, according to his twitter page he ended up at Lackawanna Community College, but he is not on the roster there either.

Of all of these guys, 3 of them where supposed to be pretty good, Luke Bogan was a walk on, the other three were recruited to play here.

Default Re: Former QB Questions

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Man,

I was just looking at our roster from a few seasons ago and noticed that none of the backups that transferred really have landed anywhere.

Luke Bogan--According to his twitter he was supposed to be at Bossier Parish Community College playing baseball, but I don't see him on the roster.

Jai'ave Magalei--I don't see where he ended up anywhere at all as of yet.

Clifton McDowell--On the roster at Kilgore Community College, but does not look like he was the starter there.

Brayden (the much traveled) Hawkins--Was supposed to be at the University of Akron, but he is no longer on the roster, according to his twitter page he ended up at Lackawanna Community College, but he is not on the roster there either.

Of all of these guys, 3 of them where supposed to be pretty good, Luke Bogan was a walk on, the other three were recruited to play here.
    Hawkin's arm skill never transferred to the field. He is talented but can't seem to put it all together. He just wasn't accurate enough and his leadership skills weren't transferable to the locker room without accomplishments

McDowell is a big athletic kid that didn't want to wait for his time to get on the field. And he wasn't outplaying Fields in practice or in the QB room. The staff loved him, but he wanted to go to JC and prove himself.

Magalie was never the same athlete after his surgery and two year battle to come back from injury. He realized he wasn't going to win the starting QB position here over Levy because Coach Napier trusted him in the offense and he couldn't beat him out.

Default Re: Former QB Questions

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Hawkin's arm skill never transferred to the field. He is talented but can't seem to put it all together. He just wasn't accurate enough and his leadership skills weren't transferable to the locker room without accomplishments

McDowell is a big athletic kid that didn't want to wait for his time to get on the field. And he wasn't outplaying Fields in practice or in the QB room. The staff loved him, but he wanted to go to JC and prove himself.

Magalie was never the same athlete after his surgery and two year battle to come back from injury. He realized he wasn't going to win the starting QB position here over Levy because Coach Napier trusted him in the offense and he couldn't beat him out.
    Thanks for the info T! That sure breaks things down in a nutshell. There are many things that go into making a qb a QB!

Thread Information