Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Louisiana Ranked No. 23 in Preseason Associated Press Top 25

1. Default Re: Louisiana Ranked No. 23 in Preseason Associated Press Top 25

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    In front of the 15 fans and the band
    Saw a post on the Belt board for realignmentget rid of UTA Lil Rock and Monroeadd Marshall UAB and USM.what a conference.would be tough to win consistently with that group added to what is there now!

Default Re: Louisiana Ranked No. 23 in Preseason Associated Press Top 25

The SBC needs to get rid of UTA, Little Rock, and ULM. Do not add Marshall due to extended travel and division of money. I would definitely add USM to replace ULM. This would give the SBC recruiting in Mississippi.

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    The SBC needs to get rid of UTA, Little Rock, and ULM. Do not add Marshall due to extended travel and division of money. I would definitely add USM to replace ULM. This would give the SBC recruiting in Mississippi.
    Once again, to be repeated for the 1000th time, unless ULM drops to FCS for football, there is zero chance of them being “kicked out” of the Sunbelt.

It’s time for the SBC commissioner to make a bold move to improve our conference standings. He could set minimum standards for schools to meet. It’s not the first time the SBC has kicked out a D1 program albeit due to increased travel expenses. It was the right move then and this is the right move now. ULM is not financially committed to athletic excellence.

It’s time for the SBC commissioner to make a bold move to improve our conference standings. He could set minimum standards for schools to meet. It’s not the first time the SBC has kicked out a D1 program albeit due to increased travel expenses. It was the right move then and this is the right move now. ULM is not financially committed to athletic excellence.
    The Commissioner cannot set standards. The Commissioner can only enforce those standards set by the presidents of the member institutions.

I don't think any institution has been kicked out. Rather, contracts with some football only schools was not extended.

Okay so it’s all semantics. I do understand the process. The commissioner initiates recommendations based on his knowledge and vision to the university presidents and contracts not being renewed means ULM would be kicked out.

Okay so it’s all semantics. I do understand the process. The commissioner initiates recommendations based on his knowledge and vision to the university presidents and contracts not being renewed means ULM would be kicked out.
    Ain't happening! Let's just continue moving forward knowing ULM will continue being a member of the SBC. I don't expect any miracles, but I do think ULM hiring Terry Bowden will be good for them. He is bringing in more money and I expect ULM to be better this year and in the future. However, I think it will be difficult for them to ever compete for the SBC Championship on a regular basis. The SBC doesn't need them to play championship quality football, just win at least 4 - 6 games most years. Just doing that would be a big boost for the conference. But even that might be tough for them to do.

The only school to be kicked out of the Sun Belt was UT-Pan American because they lost their NCAA accreditation. It was suggested to Lamar at that time they find another home if my memory serves, but I don't remember the reason. Maybe I dreamed that.

Little Rock and UTA will be members of the Sun Belt until such time as they decide to go elsewhere. There have been rumors about UTA and the WAC and LR with the MVC but nothing has come of it so far. They don't have football, but it's not like they don't bring anything to the table.

ULM isn't getting kicked out. They'll control their destiny. Having said that, this football hire is, in my opinion, their last chance.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information