Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Roarman's Ragin' College Softball Report Podcast. Episode #2. The returning players for 2022.

Default Re: Roarman's Ragin' College Softball Report Podcast. Episode #2. The returning players for 2

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Jay. Thanks for the assurance. But, I do think you can understand why one would be a little concerned about a team on the Cajun's level bringing in a pitching coach with no softball college experience.

I respect what you wrote. I truly do hope it all works out.

Just one question. Who has Justin been teaching his pitching system to? I'm totally in the dark about his coaching experience. I think others on here would like to know as well.
    Thanks as always.
    Roar no reservations are needed on this hire. Pitching is pitching and Justin can coach it. Glasco has experience coaching pitching and hitters and Laci was a dynamic catcher. He can get help with them. He has also learned from experienced college all american pitchers. This will work out. Glasco is happy so I am good with it. Jut is a 1st class guy and will be a 1st class coach. It was kind of hard holding his hiring information in. Glad that it is out their and Jut is ready to work!

2. Default Re: Roarman's Ragin' College Softball Report Podcast. Episode #2. The returning players for 2

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Well, this is surprising. Obviously, he knows baseball.
    The press release says he's been working with and providing pitching instruction for male and female elite level athletes for the past 10 plus years.

Is there a softball travel team he's involved with?

The Cajuns have nine pitchers on staff. He's going to have a lot of pressure on him to turn some of them into Division 1 pitchers. I'm just not sure if it's the perfect place for someone who's never been a college pitching coach. I think it's going to be a huge learning curve for him.

I wish him the best. We'll just have to see how it shakes out.
    I am with you, Roar! No experience as a pitch caller, wow! No experience with a softball team and he is expected to coach? I hope he is a hard worker. He will have to be.

Default Re: Roarman's Ragin' College Softball Report Podcast. Episode #2. The returning players for 2

Quote Originally Posted by Looney Lou View Post
    I am with you, Roar! No experience as a pitch caller, wow! No experience with a softball team and he is expected to coach? I hope he is a hard worker. He will have to be.
    Maybe he can grow into the role of calling pitches if that is needed. Give the guy a chance and lets see what happens. He is surrounded by an outstanding staff.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Maybe he can grow into the role of calling pitches if that is needed. Give the guy a chance and lets see what happens. He is surrounded by an outstanding staff.
    Yup.. you were 100 % correct when you told me earlier. Honestly thought you were pulling my chain

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Yup.. you were 100 % correct when you told me earlier. Honestly thought you were pulling my chain
    No pulling chains. The truth is the truth. If I tell you it will happen go to the bank on it.

6. Default Re: Roarman's Ragin' College Softball Report Podcast. Episode #2. The returning players for 2

No pulling chains. The truth is the truth. If I tell you it will happen go to the bank on it.
    Third party compliments didn't release enough endorphins?

7. Default Re: Roarman's Ragin' College Softball Report Podcast. Episode #2. The returning players for 2

Almost 100% of college softball pitching coaches call the pitches.

Adding Jut, his drive, passion, knowledge and willingness and ability to lead and develop will take this program to an even higher level of success. The results in the stats and performance will be clearly seen on paper.

However, the key ingredient Jut brings (that the average fan will miss) that won’t show up in the stats, is the mental development and mindset that will be instilled in these girls. That drive and desire will permeate not only thru the pitchers, but into the rest of the team.

The gap between a marginal player and an All-American is generally not a talent deficiency but a mental toughness deficiency. As Jay stated, the muscle between the ears. This is what separates the good vs. great.

Adding him to an already great staff and team is exciting and makes me damn proud of my brother.

Props to Coach Glasco and Co. for recognizing the value here and continuing to better that program. It’s going to be fun to watch.

Great stuff! Thanks Roarman!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin18 View Post
    Adding Jut, his drive, passion, knowledge and willingness and ability to lead and develop will take this program to an even higher level of success. The results in the stats and performance will be clearly seen on paper.

However, the key ingredient Jut brings (that the average fan will miss) that won’t show up in the stats, is the mental development and mindset that will be instilled in these girls. That drive and desire will permeate not only thru the pitchers, but into the rest of the team.

The gap between a marginal player and an All-American is generally not a talent deficiency but a mental toughness deficiency. As Jay stated, the muscle between the ears. This is what separates the good vs. great.

Adding him to an already great staff and team is exciting and makes me damn proud of my brother.

Props to Coach Glasco and Co. for recognizing the value here and continuing to better that program. It’s going to be fun to watch.
    Well stated Austin. Really looking forward to what Jut can bring to the table. Jut is representing #36 well!

11. Default Re: Roarman's Ragin' College Softball Report Podcast. Episode #2. The returning players for 2

Awesome!

Can't wait.

Though I’m sure he would echo my sentiments, I just want to clarify this isn’t Austin-merely a close friend supporting my guy.

13. Default Re: Roarman's Ragin' College Softball Report Podcast. Episode #2. The returning players for 2

Well stated Austin. Really looking forward to what Jut can bring to the table. Jut is representing #36 well!
    Why can’t you address people by their board name? You think you are better than everyone else. People work hard to register here with a board name. If they wanted to use their legal name, they would. Who the hell do you think you are? You have just been outed for a big miss.

I will help you - you are the board bully. Please practice appropriate board etiquette if you wish to continue posting here.

14. Default Re: Roarman's Ragin' College Softball Report Podcast. Episode #2. The returning players for 2

Though I’m sure he would echo my sentiments, I just want to clarify this isn’t Austin-merely a close friend supporting my guy.
    In the tradition of the Hollies song "he's my brother"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information