Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Roarman's Ragin' College Softball Report Podcast. Episode #2. The returning players for 2022.

Default Re: Roarman's Ragin' College Softball Report Podcast. Episode #2. The returning players for 2

Thanks for listening and thanks for subscribing. If you're in Colorado, it's really hot down here. I'm ready to go skiing.

Default Re: Roarman's Ragin' College Softball Report Podcast. Episode #2. The returning players for 2

2pm release today naming the new softball pitching coach.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Jay told me he spoke with Justin and Justin is geeked and ready to go!!!!

WOW!!!!!! I didn't know Justin was into coaching softball pitching! Congratulations to him and I'm sure he will do whatever it takes to be successful at his new gig. I bet #36 is so proud proud of him!

Well, this is surprising. Obviously, he knows baseball.
    The press release says he's been working with and providing pitching instruction for male and female elite level athletes for the past 10 plus years.

Is there a softball travel team he's involved with? Or, did he maybe just coach his daughter's softball team?

Like duggie35 said, Tony's smiling.

I'll have to think about this. The Cajuns have nine pitchers on staff. He's going to have a lot of pressure on him to turn some of them into Division 1 pitchers. I'm just not sure if it's the perfect place for someone who's never been a college pitching coach. I think it's going to be a huge learning curve for him.

I wish him the best. We'll just have to see how it shakes out.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Well, this is surprising. Obviously, he knows baseball.
    The press release says he's been working with and providing pitching instruction for male and female elite level athletes for the past 10 plus years.

Is there a softball travel team he's involved with? Or, did he maybe just coach his daughter's softball team?

Like duggie35 said, Tony's smiling.

I'll have to think about this. The Cajuns have nine pitchers on staff. He's going to have a lot of pressure on him to turn some of them into Division 1 pitchers. I'm just not sure if it's the perfect place for someone who's never been a college pitching coach. I think it's going to be a huge learning curve for him.

I wish him the best. We'll just have to see how it shakes out.
    His daughters aren't old enough for that.

He'll do well. I remember early in Robe's career he mentioned the biggest challenge for a pitching coach is working the athlete's most important muscle.

The one between the ears.

Justin was one of the most mentally tough players I ever covered. And, the pitching system his dad had (that Justin now teaches) works for both baseball and softball.

Both he and Coach Glasco are over the moon on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post

He'll do well. I remember early in Robe's career he mentioned the biggest challenge for a pitching coach is working the athlete's most important muscle.

Justin was one of the most mentally tough players I ever covered. And, the pitching system his dad had (that Justin now teaches) works for both baseball and softball.

Coach Glasco texted me that he was also geeked! If you can coach then you can coach, bottom line. Justin has the pitch calling and mental aspect down, which is the 2 most important things. He will also do good with the mechanics. Lacey and Coach Glasco will also be a great sounding board for Justin. Coach told told me he is super excited and so am I. In Coach Glasco I trust!

Jay. Thanks for the assurance. But, I do think you can understand why one would be a little concerned about a team on the Cajun's level bringing in a pitching coach with no softball college experience.

I respect what you wrote. I truly do hope it all works out.

Just one question. Who has Justin been teaching his pitching system to? I'm totally in the dark about his coaching experience. I think others on here would like to know as well.
    Thanks as always.

Wow, I didn't expect to see this, but I am so happy to see another Robicheaux coaching for Louisiana! I think he'll do great! Congrats and welcome back, Justin!

11. Default Re: Roarman's Ragin' College Softball Report Podcast. Episode #2. The returning players for 2

Jut will do great in this position. I suggest any naysayers keep to saying nay and let this work it’s way out.

This guy is one of the most mentally tough coaches I have worked with.

That combined with having a couple of girls is a recipe for ultimate success.

I have my money on Jut for this endeavor.

Jay. Thanks for the assurance. But, I do think you can understand why one would be a little concerned about a team on the Cajun's level bringing in a pitching coach with no softball college experience.

Just one question. Who has Justin been teaching his pitching system to? I'm totally in the dark about his coaching experience. I think others on here would like to know as well.
    Thanks as always.
    He's done plenty of private teaching. Justin has copyrighted his dad's famous widened home plate and uses it extensively. That in itself will be of great service to someone like Kandra, who at times has struggled with control (although less this past season.)

Thanks as always.
    I totally get your feelings on this one. I think my confidence comes in knowing Justin extremely well.

14. Default Re: Roarman's Ragin' College Softball Report Podcast. Episode #2. The returning players for 2

I totally get your feelings on this one. I think my confidence comes in knowing Justin extremely well.
    And don’t forget, Vic told you guys it will be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    And don’t forget, Vic told you guys it will be ok.
    Then it's done.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information