Thread: Louisiana

Default Louisiana

Public Service Announcement:

It’s time we, as a fan base, stop using “UL” in all forms of communication. I know it seems strange but when talking around town or anywhere we must adopt Louisiana in all forms communications. It’s going to be like brushing your teeth with the opposite hand at first but believe me you will get used to it. Too many people still say or write UL. That is all.

Default Re: Louisiana

We are Louisiana!

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    We are Louisiana!
    Yes, but say it at the grocery store. We as fans must phase out UL.

I say it in Baton Rouge where I work and live.

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    I say it in Baton Rouge where I work and live.
    ^ THIS!

Excellent point. Reveled in nearly all the national sports media writers' football columns and pre-season articles referring to us as Louisiana. That is our national brand now- and should be deliberately cultivated among our fanbase and in our State. Several years ago there was a abbreviation thread(s) about being ULL'ed to death since Louisville beat us to the UL abbreviation. Just use LA as abbreviation to reinforce Louisiana scores, agate, scoreboard, if character space is lacking, etc. Simplest abbreviation. UL seemed to start organically once we were no longer USL 20+ years ago. Going with 'LA' may take university leaders to kick start getting the media and fans to latch on. I say this knowing my UL caps will become obsolete!

We can’t even get UL to rename the Marching Band the Pride of Louisiana to be consistent with our academic and athletic branding. We have goals of being big time and we are no longer a regional university. We are a national university in research or academics. Let the students vote on the Marching Band’s name!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    Excellent point. Reveled in nearly all the national sports media writers' football columns and pre-season articles referring to us as Louisiana. That is our national brand now- and should be deliberately cultivated among our fanbase and in our State. Several years ago there was a abbreviation thread(s) about being ULL'ed to death since Louisville beat us to the UL abbreviation. Just use LA as abbreviation to reinforce Louisiana scores, agate, scoreboard, if character space is lacking, etc. Simplest abbreviation. UL seemed to start organically once we were no longer USL 20+ years ago. Going with 'LA' may take university leaders to kick start getting the media and fans to latch on. I say this knowing my UL caps will become obsolete!
    They've been obsolete for about three years now. No team uses a UL cap. Baseball has used a fleur de lis the last three seasons.

I have no issue using Louisiana or LA for most things, with one exception

10. Default Re: Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by TravlnCajun View Post
    I have no issue using Louisiana or LA for most things, with one exception

The hand gesture is here to stay.

Thread Information