Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sunday: Open Football Practice (Tailgate Practice)

What a Downer Sunday: Open Football Practice (Tailgate Practice)

Since Sunday's practice is open to the public, the athletic department is encouraging fans to tailgate. Anyone else plan to get in some tailgate practice after being off for a year?

Default Re: Open Football Practice (Tailgate Practice)

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Since Sunday's practice is open to the public, the athletic department is encouraging fans to tailgate. Anyone else plan to get in some tailgate practice after being off for a year?
    Hadn't heard that it was open to the public. Thanks for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Hadn't heard that it was open to the public. Thanks for the update.
    Someone in the athletic department dropped the ball big time on this one. "Fan Fest" started Wednesday 8/4 but I didn't get an email about it until 8/9. There's no link on ragincajuns.com and only can find info through the email sent out or through Facebook.

Doors open at 5, practice is 6-7:30. Free t-shirts, free posters, tailgating encouraged!

Someone in the athletic department dropped the ball big time on this one. "Fan Fest" started Wednesday 8/4 but I didn't get an email about it until 8/9. There's no link on ragincajuns.com and only can find info through the email sent out or through Facebook.
    I agree, there is a disconnect between the socials and the actual website on stuff like this. I went look now for it on the website and couldn't find anything right off hand. Had to go back to twitter

6. Default Re: Open Football Practice (Tailgate Practice)

First and foremost the socials should all lead to stand alone pages on RaginCajuns.com

Each social is acting like its own entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    First and foremost the socials should all lead to stand alone pages on RaginCajuns.com

Each social is acting like its own entity.
    I don't know if they need stand alone pages. They are all linked on the main menu bar at top of each page. However, there needs to be consistency with the socials and RaginCajuns.com

8. Default Re: Open Football Practice (Tailgate Practice)

I don't know if they need stand alone pages. They are all linked on the main menu bar at top of each page. However, there needs to be consistency with the socials and RaginCajuns.com
    On the Twitter social promoting Fanfest

http://ragincajuns.com/fanfest took me to a standalone page on ejoinme.org
    http://ragincajuns.com/bid took me to a standalone page on ggo.bid
    http://ragincajuns.com/5k is the only one that took me to a standalone page on RaginCajuns.com with a registration form.

A single RaginCajuns.com page with all these links and descriptions is where the Twitter social should point.

It is much more work to bounce back and forth on Twitter than it would be to bookmark a single RaginCajuns FanFest page.

jmo

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    On the Twitter social promoting Fanfest

http://ragincajuns.com/fanfest took me to a standalone page on ejoinme.org
    http://ragincajuns.com/bid took me to a standalone page on ggo.bid
    http://ragincajuns.com/5k is the only one that took me to a standalone page on RaginCajuns.com with a registration form.

A single RaginCajuns.com page with all these links and descriptions is where the Twitter social should point.

It is much more work to bounce back and forth on Twitter than it would be to bookmark a single RaginCajuns FanFest page.

jmo
    Good point, I see what you're saying now. I know in the past, there was a stand alone page every time you opened RaginCajuns.com but not this year.

Perhaps the virus surge is one reason the open practice is not being publicized. If it does go off, there needs to be more promotion of this event. I suspect that media may become aware of this due to the discussion here. I bet they bring it up to Coach Napier next time they visit with him.

Going play golf in the morning so I'm on kid duty that afternoon this is a perfect for me and the boy

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Perhaps the virus surge is one reason the open practice is not being publicized. If it does go off, there needs to be more promotion of this event. I suspect that media may become aware of this due to the discussion here. I bet they bring it up to Coach Napier next time they visit with him.
    It's not that the practice wasn't promoted. It's been on the news and other outlets. It's the entire "Fan Fest" that wasn't promoted until days after it had already started.

13. UL Football Sunday practice open to public

Practice sessions in today’s college football world are typically done in secret.

The No. 23-ranked UL Ragin’ Cajuns are offering fans a break from that trend by opening Sunday’s 6 p.m. practice at Cajun Field to the public free of charge.

Posters for the season will be available and concessions will be sold. The gates will open at 5 p.m.

Advocate
    Foote

Default Re: Sunday: Open Football Practice (Tailgate Practice)

Can I bring the kids? They only want to sled and roll down the hill and in general be a distraction, I like watching them...signed, low football IQ dad & casual fan...

15. Default Re: Sunday: Open Football Practice (Tailgate Practice)

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Can I bring the kids? They only want to sled and roll down the hill and in general be a distraction, I like watching them...signed, low football IQ dad & casual fan...
    I'm there with you. Dad.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information