Thread: Not buying out Rogers could prove costly

1. UL Basketball Not buying out Rogers could prove costly

Since Title-Nine indicates you have to at least pretend to be fair in the amount of money you spend on men’s and women’s sports, it’s likely the price of women’s coaching salaries will go up on a percentage basis.

I'm thinking if a coaching move had been made already, UL could have made a 4-year hire at last years prices. Then, even with the buyout UL would have saved/made money over the next four years.

Now with men’s coaching getting a hefty raise there will be upward pressure on the pay for women’s coaching.

So yes the do nothing (no buyout) decision will save money initially, however they will end up giving that and more right back.

jmo.

2. Default Re: Not buying out Rogers could prove costly

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ Since Title-Nine indicates you have to at least pretend to be fair in the amount of money you spend on men’s and women’s sports, it’s likely the price of women’s coaching salaries will go up on a percentage basis.

I'm thinking if a coaching move had been made already, UL could have made a 4-year hire at last years prices. Then, even with the buyout UL would have saved/made money over the next four years.

Now with men’s coaching getting a hefty raise there will be upward pressure on the pay for women’s coaching.

So yes the do nothing (no buyout) decision will save money initially, however they will end up giving that and more right back.

jmo. _
    I hear more and more kids are leaving and having grade problems within the girls program---How will this effect our APR?????

Default Re: Not buying out Rogers could prove costly

Could it be that UL is concerned that Errol will pull another Jerry Baldwin?

Default Re: Not buying out Rogers could prove costly

Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    _ Could it be that UL is concerned that Errol will pull another Jerry Baldwin? _
    You mean like, "hey, you promised me 4 years to get this program rebuilt, then you only let me have 3 yearsnot fair."

I really don't make the connection that the "next" hire will be so much more expensive than what we ultimately offered Coach Hall (WRT what we may pay the Men's BB coach), or for that matter paid Rogers. But more than likely will need to up the ante some to get a quality hire.

Thread Information